Women-Do you like clicking heels?

Female Fashion Articles and Chat

Moderator: Silent One

Annie C.

Re: Women-Do you like clicking heels?

Postby Annie C. » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:19 am

I've had metal taps on two pairs of shoes for a little more than a week now, and I must say I'm a real convert!

I'd only known the guy I went out with last Saturday a little bit, but he commented that he liked my shoes (the white dressy sandals that I wore with my red jumper). I even showed him the taps and he said that's why he liked them!

I wore my loafers several times during the week and really liked hearing them sound off on cement and in the office building where I work (not on the carpets of course!).

But since it's warm, I tend to wear slides or other sandals during the day. I 'spoze those jelly-like sandals I have won't take metal taps, will they? What kinds of shoes do people have taps on besides loafers and pumps? Boots, I suppose--but I'm not going to wear any of those till at least October.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this. Probably will like the taps even more in the fall.

Annie

Candie

Postby Candie » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:51 pm

Annie,

Hopes this helps you:

Today I am wearing to work my black 3 inch wedge heel slingback sandals with a wide band across my foot and all my toes showing. The heel pad is about the size of a postage stamp so the metal crescent tap is an Eagle "00" (two nails). They sound similar to my new metal tip stilettos.

For summer I have darling pink ballet flats with very thin heel pad and round toe that show my toe cleavage. The heel pad is so thin the tap nails had to be bent over because they stuck up inside. I bought a black pair the same but didn't get taps on soon enough and wore the heels down too much. Lesson learned again - This really tells you how great metal taps are. The pink ones are good shoes for work too, but the black went with more outfits.

For "bar ready" I love to wear my black ankle strap wedge sandals. These have several crisscross straps with a wedge heel like my black slingbacks. With the all the straps they are great to dance in after a few too many drinks. They don't twist out from under my feet. My husband likes these when I dance because the lights flash off the metal heel taps and they then click in the parking lot. I wear dark crop narrow low waist jeans with these in the summer and we always have sex when we get home. This combination really gets both of us turned on.

My 70s vintage wood platform sandals with brown straps still have the metal crescent taps and on some days I wear these with a jean skirt for the retro look. Guys are always looking at me in this outfit.

Of course I have summer color high heel pumps with taps too, mostly for work.

For shopping I have slides with a 1.5 inch hard heel.

I have become so addicted to the sounds of metal taps, or cleats as called in the windy city, that I mostly only buy shoes that are “cleatable”. I figure with the money metal taps save me I can buy a couple extra pairs of shoes a year.

Sounds like you date is a shoe guy. I married a shoe lover and life is grand when you click your way through it.
Keep in touch,
Candie

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:11 pm

Candie = Linda58 = Judy

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Candie + Linda58 + Judy + Amanda + Jodie + Annie = Gals that have fun with shoes.

guest #1

Postby guest #1 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:43 am

Nice try, but not convincing.

sixfoot3amanda
Chat Merchant

Postby sixfoot3amanda » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:29 pm

Candie + Linda58 + Judy + Amanda + Jodie + Annie = Gals that have fun with shoes.

Well I can't speak for the others but yes I do have fun with my shoes.

Amanda
"Tall is beautifull"

Linda58

Postby Linda58 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:02 pm

Amanda-
My fun begins when I pick my outfit for the day and what shoes I'm in the mood for. I do keep extra shoes in my desk for if my mood changes after I get to work. Sometimes I start out with quite heels and then feel like clicking metal heels after my coffee. I love shoes.
Linda

sixfoot3amanda
Chat Merchant

Postby sixfoot3amanda » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:00 pm

Amanda-
My fun begins when I pick my outfit for the day and what shoes I'm in the mood for. I do keep extra shoes in my desk for if my mood changes after I get to work. Sometimes I start out with quite heels and then feel like clicking metal heels after my coffee. I love shoes.
Linda
Hi Linda

Couldn't agree more except that it's boots that do it for me more than shoes. It's the best bit of winter.

Amanda
"Tall is beautifull"

marby
Demigod

Postby marby » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:17 pm

I have fun with my shoes too. :)
[url=http://www.theweddingticker.com][img]http://www.theweddingticker.com/ticker/30384.png[/img][/url]

nice girls

Postby nice girls » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:00 pm

has metal thingies on the bottom of your shoeses? sounds stupid

Linda58

Postby Linda58 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:18 am

To Nice Girls,
Each to your own opinions. But until you try it, don't call it stupid.
Linda

Heather (tapgrrl!)

Postby Heather (tapgrrl!) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:54 pm

I am SO EXCITED!!!! I want to meet ALL OF YOU!!!! I am the Heather A that Linda mentioned in a post last June. Funny thing is that right after that posting a guy I know emailed me to say that my name was mentioned, but I was busy at the time and forgot about it and never got around to looking at the web site UNTIL JUST NOW!!!!

Well, Linda, I don't actually recall meeting you at a McDonalds, but if you say it happened, well it probably did.

I have been obsessed by metal clicking sounds that I make on my shoes since 1992, my senior year in high school, when I first put taps on some loafers -- having seen in my mom's attic a pair of her gogo boots from the 1960s that had them up on the heels. In college, I started dating a guy because he liked the sound the metal heel and toe taps on my sandals made on the tile floor of our restaurant where we both worked.

A year or so later, I got really obsessed about this stuff -- I wanted to find other women who had metal taps on their street shoes -- not dancers -- so I started a message board. Mostly I found it was guys who posted to the board -- occasionally, a woman would post but none of the "regulars" was a girl except myself. Anyway, it was fun chatting with guys who were into taps -- some of them had them on their own boots and some just liked them on women's shoes.

Over the years, I gradually started putting larger taps on my shoes. Through the message board, I learned about horseshoe taps and even put them on some of my boots. But getting married to a guy who liked it that I smoked and had platinum blonde hair (at the time), but who didn't care much about my taps and then having two little girls who keep me plenty busy, I've not had as much time for thinking about taps as I used to.

Still, I own about 50 pairs of shoes and boots that have taps on them -- loafers, flats, sandals, oxfords, and low- and chunky-heeled boots. The taps on the flat-heeled shoes are usually about 2 to 2 1/2 inches wide and are placed so they cover the back of the heel and at least 1/2 way along the outside edge. I like it when the metal is easily seen, so I have them put right up to the edge of the heel and I polish the bottoms and the back edge so they shine. They are really not as noisy as you think, Linda. I make sure they are nailed on securely and with no space between the heel and the taps. I never put them on soft-heels -- and usually have to find vintage shoes so the heels aren't plastic either. I agree that the best sound is a feminine "click," not a little girl tap-dancing "clink," and not a "clop" like a horse either!

On various on-line places, guys would ask me if I wore stilettos or spike heels, which seems to be a main interest on this board too. I never had to wear high heels for work and rarely chose to wear them for going out -- I tend to be pretty informal. So although I've bought about maybe a dozen pairs of stilettos over the years -- mostly cheaply on ebay -- and they all had metal heel tips or long steel spikes (very cool looking!), the ones I still have don't get worn very much. And now that I've moved to a small town on the east coast and am pretty much a full-time mommy and part-time grocery store clerk, I'm afraid they're mostly going to keep sitting in the closet.

But I still do love the clicking sound when I walk. And when I think about them, sometimes, they still make me wet. :wink: And, yeah, that was the story I wrote about "Brittney, the Tapgirl Princess" that someone posted to this list. There's a somewhat steamier version and a few more chapters but I had to clean it up because the FanFiction site is used by kids.

I guess this posting is plenty long enough, but I just wanted to say how nice it is to find other women into clicking heels! -- Linda and Candie and Allie and Judy and Amanda and Texasgal and Annie. Hi to all of you!

Heather

Heather (tapgrrl)

Postby Heather (tapgrrl) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:29 pm

Where did everybody go? :dance:

Linda58

Postby Linda58 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:50 am

Hi Heather the Tapgrrl ,
Good to hear from you. Never in my life did I think we would ever cross paths again. Two kids now? This site seems to go a long time before responses.

I am a generation older than you, so it is good when I see someone younger know what metal taps are. In my school days my mom would put plastic taps on our heels to save them, but mine didn’t last too long. Then when in high school senior year the plant closed and dad was out of work and I got a job and bought my own cloths. I bought an expensive pair of gogo type boots and went to the shoe guy and told him his plastic taps were junk. He offered metal ones and guaranty replacement when they wore out so I put them on my boots. Instantly I fell in love with the clicking sounds. For the next couple years it was metal taps on all my heels. Then when I was 19 I got married and my husband (long since “X”) took all my taps off and called me a slut for clicking along. He thought I was flirting too much when in fact he was having the affair. Fortunately my boots were at mom’s house and he didn’t get to those. So back to plastic for every day.

After a couple years we divorced and I was PG and started a new career as a single mom teacher. I didn’t think of going back to metal taps even though he was gone. Maybe because you rarely saw or heard metal taps. Once I almost tried on my old gogo boots with the metal taps but talked myself out of it because I was always carrying a baby with me. This was at the time that high heels were coming back in with the stiletto heel. I had an interview so I bought two pair of stilettos at Sears. Black and bone ones. What happen next is really exciting. The heel tips wore down to a perfect round smooth metal head in the center of the heel and they clicked. Instantly the love of clicking came back to my heart. I noticed lots of women had high heels that clicked so I didn’t feel out of place. Better yet those Sears heels never wore out or had the plastic break off in four years of wearing them a couple times a week. Being a teacher I had my summers to work temp jobs and one summer a guy in the office gave me the hots. As I have written earlier, one day I wore the clicking high heels and a short black skirt and I got his attention. We got married and blended families and are very happy.

Those Sears heels not only got me a husband who loves the sounds of a females clicking, but got me going in my addiction to metal heel sounds. I never went back to big metal taps but do put small size “OO” on some of my dress heels where plastic doesn’t work. I love to nail them on myself. The shoe guys don’t seem to get them on the way I like. I even will put taps on new shoes just before we go out for the evening to tease my husband. That keeps both of us turned on during the evening.

Being an executive (imagine me breaking the glass ceiling) I’m careful of giving the right message on how I dress. While single I lost weight and strengthen my core and found my walking changed from dragging my heels to a solid click when I step down. This makes for a sound of authority. I do have lots of stilettos with metal heel tips and love wearing them to work. Rarely do I wear metal tips with skirts because it may give the wrong message of flirting, but pant suits and metal tips is my signature. I truly believe metal tips help me break the glass ceiling. Being tall, good posture, and being “blonde by choose” helped too. And I do have brains!

American shoe guys sure control women’s shoes. They resist selling metal taps and won’t even stock metal heel tips. I have a big bag full of metal tips I have ordered _ from UK and got on ebay a vintage heel tip puller. NEAT On ebay I got several boxes of smaller metal taps too.

I love stiletto boots with the feminine clicking of metal tips. I have two pair of Faith brand from UK. It gets me so wet when I wear these. My husband got me pair of vintage cowgirl boots from Australia with a 4” wood stack heel with horseshoe taps about the size of a quarter and small metal toe taps. These are soo neat sounding, but now the taps are wearing down on the back edges and I can’t find any replacements so I now only wear these for special times. I love the imprint they leave in sand and snow.

As you have figured out this is subject I can really get going on. I find men want to talk about women’s metal heels all the time but women are just as aware but don’t talk much about it. I guess it is like miniskirts. I have really appreciated the comments from the women that have written in and really love Allie’s. I also wonder if Annie has gotten as addicted to the clicking as you and I have. It seems she got plenty of support on this thread. I hope she writes an update.

Enjoy life
Linda

Oh by the way, metal heel tips don’t have to damage floors if you know what you are doing. Exercise and keep your core muscles in good shape and you will never slip and fall either.

GenXGirl
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby GenXGirl » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:30 am

New girl here in her 30s..

I admit, that clicking sound does change my personality into one with a bit more confidence (some might say bitchiness) and yes I suppose dominance. Metal heeled shoes are harder to come by in the US, but I still have a few pairs several pumps and a few more in knee high (and thigh high) boots..although I'll only wear the thigh high boots out with a knee length skirt or longer (and I did that like only 2x).

Regardless of the heels I wear, when I am walking in them particularly on marble floors , I know the eyes are on me, on my legs, and I love it! And while I have a boyfriend, its still nice to know I can get a guys attention that quick if I wanted, although I do present the look of "yes, I'm dressed to kill, you can look, but don't touch, and I'll kick you in the balls with my pointy stiletto boots if you do touch!"

As for my past, my mother used to wear heels often and I'd wear hers as a little girl. I suppose thats how I came to love em because even at a young age, I knew heels were a nice attention getter.

Return to “Fashion & Beauty”