Women-Do you like clicking heels?

Female Fashion Articles and Chat

Moderator: Silent One

Linda58

Women-Do you like clicking heels?

Postby Linda58 » Fri May 01, 2009 6:53 pm

I just found this site a few weeks ago. I'm a German USA female. This discussion has come up at work but I'm throwing it out. I love heels that click. (It actually started in high school when the shoe guy put metal heel protectors on my expensive tall boots & I found it excited me to control the sounds of my heels, plus no more repairs.) I and another women, Pat, wear stilettos with metal tips a lot to work. A coworker, Sue, commented that she hated that that morning that one of her heels wore to the nail and only one heel clicked and she had an important event to go to. Most coworkers said they disliked when one heel started to click and the shoe manufactures should make better heels. Pat told Sue to go with metal tips and that problem is solved. This lead half the women saying they detest wearing metal clicking heels [drew attention] and few even dislike Pat and me for our heels. One thought metal heel tips were for sluts like Jullia Roberts. A couple admitted to be envious of Pat and me for being ourselves but not confident enough to wear their clicking heels.

QUESTION TO WOMEN ONLY- Put aside the fact that men get turned on with metal clicking heels- How do you feel about clicking stilettos? Does this effect how you feel about us women that do wear them? or are yours hidding yours in the closet?

Linda

marby
Demigod

Re: Women-Do you like clicking heels?

Postby marby » Sat May 02, 2009 12:29 pm

I click my heels thwee times.
[url=http://www.theweddingticker.com][img]http://www.theweddingticker.com/ticker/30384.png[/img][/url]

Linda58

Postby Linda58 » Fri May 08, 2009 7:56 pm

Well after a full week of posting this question and no real replies I'm not going to take my coworkers remarks on my noisy heels personally. Linda

kilt/skirt/skort
Just warming up

Postby kilt/skirt/skort » Sat May 09, 2009 12:50 am

LOL

Just don't click your heels two times together and wish you were in Kansas; "Dorothy"!

I remember shopping in my youthful years at large department stores with their
terrazzo tile floors and the women of fashion wearing their high heels resounding a stuccato click. Sometimes the beat would be uniform-all together and then at others
out of synch. Certainly not to the beat of Irish (River Dance) tap dancing.
But with most people now wearing low quarter/rise shoes (flats) the solo wearer of
heel plates on high shoes is very noticeable. It is as if the whole sales floor is your
personal dance floor.
Enjoy the attention!

k/s/s
"No Sex Please we're British"

marby
Demigod

Postby marby » Sat May 09, 2009 10:23 pm

LOL

Just don't click your heels two times together and wish you were in Kansas; "Dorothy"!

I remember shopping in my youthful years at large department stores with their
terrazzo tile floors and the women of fashion wearing their high heels resounding a stuccato click. Sometimes the beat would be uniform-all together and then at others
out of synch. Certainly not to the beat of Irish (River Dance) tap dancing.
But with most people now wearing low quarter/rise shoes (flats) the solo wearer of
heel plates on high shoes is very noticeable. It is as if the whole sales floor is your
personal dance floor.
Enjoy the attention!

k/s/s
Have never tried two, wonder what would happen :angel:
[url=http://www.theweddingticker.com][img]http://www.theweddingticker.com/ticker/30384.png[/img][/url]

Linda58

Postby Linda58 » Sun May 10, 2009 5:21 pm

K/S/S
I work in a larger downtown office and we are expected to dress up. Suits, dress, heels. My real question is women judgmental of other women based on their shoes? In our office stiletto heels are the trend. As we know the tips are small and wear out quickly. I myself and some other coworkers use metal tips to save repair costs, but they click. I personally grew up with metal heel plates and came found of the sounds of clicking heels you talk about, but I'm not talking about metal heel plates on your loafers that many adults hated in the 60s, but the 50s type stilettos. I'm talking about today’s high quality professional high heels with metal tips, and if women in general are judgmental of other women based on their heel material selection. I went blonde by choice and I don't get judged on my hair, so why are heel sounds an issue?

SO are women judgmental of other women based on their shoe sounds? If so is it envy or prejudice?
Linda

Cleat Girl Candie

Postby Cleat Girl Candie » Tue May 19, 2009 2:52 pm

Linda,
I luv clicking heels too. It started when I bought expensive high heels at the mall and wanted them to last, so at the mall I had metal plates put on called cleats. I found these were my new sex toy to turn on my then boy friend, and guys were always looking and smiling at me as I clicked by. So I placed metal cleats on all my shoes.

One day at lunch I bought new shoes and brought them back to the office in the box. On my "to do" I wrote "get cleats on new shoes". A quite guy in the office that always makes me wet saw my note and said "I will do that for you". I let him take my new shoes home and the next morning on my desk was my shoe box. I opened it and he placed the cleats perfect on the heels and put a red rose in the box that said "Candie, be mine". He and me started dating and we got married. I told him no cleats on my wedding shoes but I had hide a extra identical pair with cleats so after the park pictures just as I was to walk up the isle I changed pairs so to click up the church isle tiles. This was the bigest turn on of my life. Good thing everybody was watching me cause I saw his pants move, then I had an orgamism! I also selected a wedding dress that would have my cleats show when we knelt at the alter and when the pictures came back we saw the flash on my metal cleats.

Like you, I found many women are jealous and make nagative remarks to me about my metal cleat sounds. Older women will make dirty looks to me at the sales counter. I don't care, like my blonde hair and 13 ear studs, cleats are my personality and they can either like me for who I am or jump in the lake. Guys are much more accepting and never rudd. Besides my luving cleats broke the ice with the most wonderful man in the world to ask me out.

YES - I LUV CLICKING HEEELS and will never change
Candie

Linda58

Postby Linda58 » Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm

Candie, Glad to hear from you. There is something about women and other women with clicking heels. I guess it may be the alphafemale thing. I too have gotten mean comments like "sluts like Julia Roberts wear metal tips", anyway they can jump in the lake.
I too wore metal heel plates, cleats, but first hubby took them off all my shoes when he saw guys flirting with me. So I had to go with boring plastic cleats and brown hair. I soon figured out he was an A__H___ and the one having the affairs and dumped him. When resingled I wore stilettos until the nail showed and my love of metal heel sounds came back like an old song. I couldn't find metal tips back then so I even took a brand new pair of stilettos and filed the plastic tips to the nail just to have the clicking sound. I'm really addicted.

Then one day while being a office temp I found a guy that made me "wet" too. I wore the clicking stilettos and a black short (19") skirt to work and he asked me out. We got married too and he loves that clicking heels are part of my personality. Being tall I didn't wear heels when he and I got married but white sling back pointed toe flats. I had plastic heel cleats on those shoes and a metal "vee" on the toe and they show in a couple wedding pictures too. Our church has carpet in the isles, but I when heard the cleat nails as we walked outside I thought about the stilettos that started this marriage.

I feel like we are almost sole sisters. Thanks for sharring you story.
Linda

Candie

Postby Candie » Wed May 20, 2009 10:55 pm

Linda, I'm so addicted to shoe clicking also. Yesterday I was late for work cause I was doing this thread. At least I don't have a shoe buying addiction and have 200 pairs at $300 each in my closet.
I haven't had any stilettos because I didn't know you where you got metal on the heels. From you I have learned about metal tips, and stilettos are my next absession. When I buy shoes I evaluate if cleats will fit before I buy any shoes, thus my highheels heels have always been large enough for crecent metal cleats. My smallest heels are like a penny size.
Wow, this is great. Thanks much Candie

Candie

Postby Candie » Fri May 22, 2009 2:16 pm

Linda,
I'm so excited that I going to pee my panties. I bought metal heel tip stilettos on ebay last night from UK. Can't wait for them to come. All night I woke up thinking about how you luv the clicking of your metal tips and now I will be like you. Finally found stilettos with metal heel tips. I'm going to surprise my husband by wearing them on a date the first time. I can already hear the clicking and feel the turned on. Got to go pee!

I luv you, luv you, luv you!!! Mom died when I was 13 and I don't have a sister, can I adopt you?
xxxooo
Candie

Allie the stilettos lover

Postby Allie the stilettos lover » Fri May 22, 2009 9:25 pm

Candie,
I am so addicted to metal heel tip sounds I was questioning if I was normal. Glad to hear from you and Linda. I love stilettos with metal tips.
I wear mine with every outfit, jeans and even shorts. I'm 5"-2", mid thirties, and darn good figure for mom of three and have never slipped or had any negative remarks from other women with my metal tips. My company district manager came in town unannounced and I was wearing my metal tip stilettos and a pants suite and three days later I got promoted to manager. Imagine a 5'-2" manager. I saw the term "Alphafemale" on this site and that is it! The girly clicking rings out authority. Even at PTA meetings I'm respected when I go up front to talk.

I got tired of having my plastic tips replaced every three weeks, so about five years ago my husband got metal ones on line for me. Now they last 10 times longer. The thing is I really fell in love with is the girly clicking of them, plus I don't worry about not being able to wear my favorite shoes cause they need heel tips replaced.

I'm sure once you wear your new metal tips you will leave your noisy cleats in the closet. There really is a girly sound to metal heel tips that cleats don't have, I buy from ClassicPumps.com and I can walk in 4" heels from sun up to sunset. Classic Pumps don't come with metal tips but you can get them from several places in Uk and use your paypal. (just don't get BZ heels-they are designed to wreck floors) CP have leather soles and are the best highheels in the world, and only about $100, so it is worth the hassel of changing the tips. I change the tips myself as soon as I get new shoes and it takes about five minutes. I can't imagine wearing new shoes without the girly sounds. I have some Faith brand shoes with factory metal heel tips that sound teriffic but by noon my feet hurt.

Yes, when my daughter turns 14, I will give her classic pumps and put metal tips on for her too. She is so proud of me, I may do it at 13.

Candie, welcome to the world of stilettos.

Allie

Judy (in disguise with glasses)

Postby Judy (in disguise with glasses) » Wed May 27, 2009 12:49 am

Linda,
My husband went fishing and left me alone so I have been reading this web site. You have brought up some interesting points. Espececially the Alphafemale. I would like to have a deep descussion on the subject sometime.
For years I thought metal clicking heels was a Babyboomers generation thing. See I grew up when cleats were in and have made a game of looking at other women's heels. (By the way "cleats" is mostly a midwest term for heel plates or taps) My parents sent me to an all girls school because I wasn't challanged in the public school. To keep from getting bored one day in class I decided to memorize what shoes each of my class mates had on and pretty soon I knew their entire closet. When I mastered that I decided to guess who had cleats, and to this day I still try to guess if a women has cleats, whether plastic or metal. Rarely do you find any, but it is stil my game. My ears love the sounds of metal on the floors. Any women I have ever met, not only can I tell you what shoes she owns but what the heel material is.
This brings up Candie, and she is for real. This is so odd. Candie works in my office building in the Windy City. I have two daughters her about age. In November 2007 I got onto the elevator going home and this younger women was on and in the side pouch of her bag was her flats, heels up sticking out. I notice they had metal cleats and the back edges were wore down to the heel material, thus my game to look at what she was wearing came back. She wore black knee high boots, tights, and a pleated black above knee skirt. Her boot heels were about 2.5" block style and looked prefect for cleats. I listened and as she stepped out onto the marble floors - I heard the cleats, then I saw the light flash on the cleats as she walked away. After that I noticed her in the building cafe with her black wedge sandals with cleats too. She also has several high heel pumps with metal cleats. THEN last spring I was in our floor restroom before going home and I heard metal cleats go into the stall next to me. Ankle strap mary janes. I sorta took my time at the mirrir so I could see who she was, out came the clicking and it was the same blonde from the elevator. She had changed into jeans, mules, and low cut sweater to go out for a few drinks and stopped on our floor so her co-workes wouldn't see her outfit. We struck up a conversation and she was not sure if her jeans were long enough for the 4" mule boots or stick with the Mary Janes. Then she pulled back her hair into a poneytail and she had a half dozen studs in each ear.
So when I read this thread I knew who Candie is.
Candie did give me thoughts of clicking shoes again, but like the minskirt it is better in memories than on me.
Thanks - love your passion
Judy

Candie

Postby Candie » Wed May 27, 2009 1:56 pm

Hi Judy,
I remember you. Quick, I got to get going to work but lets meet in the CAFE on Friday noon and visit. (hope my stilettos come by then)
By the way for the record, I was meeting my husband and his friends for drinks after work and didn't need a certain coworker hitting on me as I left the office, "bar ready". Plus I do replace my cleats when they get wore down and those flats are eight years old still like new and been recleated couple times. Office carpet grinds on heels as bad as concrete and metal is the answer.
See ya Friday
Candie

Judy (in disguise with glasses)

Postby Judy (in disguise with glasses) » Thu May 28, 2009 5:47 am

Candie,
I will see you Friday. Hope you get your new stilettos by then.
Judy

Linda58

Postby Linda58 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:39 am

Judy, Candie,
Did you two meet up Friday? Did you talk about other stuff besides shoes? Love to hear about it.
Linda

Return to “Fashion & Beauty”