Do you wear heels on wooden floors

Female Fashion Articles and Chat

Moderator: Silent One

Pjedro
Advocate

Re: Do you wear heels on wooden floors

Postby Pjedro » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:50 pm

:D Yes, sometimes I wish they would come back into fashion again, because I think they were just a bit thinner than the current metal stilettos, but against that nowadays the metal part is often more than half or even three-quarter of the length , where then often only the first few centimeters.
And you think that's bad?
Personally, I love the current ones just a bit more, even though they are maybe a fraction thicker, they are often also a bit darker in color, which I certainly find more appropriate with boots. For lighter colors and especially sandals I like the shiny ones more.
Otherwise, when it comes to heels, the following applies to you: The thinner, the better!?
Have you experienced this before? That damage was knowingly/deliberately left in a private home?
If I say I never did I would be lying, but let me say that I at least never do that at peoples house who are very close to me.
LOL ... Okay, my question was aimed at OTHER WOMEN, but... - you are honest! ;-)
but on the other hand, I also realize that said metal stilettos often are not much thicker.
Especially if you just (recent) lost the tip, nails are deadly for a floor, later on the metal wears a bit round.
That's the kind of shoes you wear, right?
Most of my heels (at least the thin ones) have metal tips, because they last longer (and because of the sound), sometimes they are worn so far that I indeed walk on the nail, but metal tips also wear out over time rounded.
I also have quite a few stilettos, of which only a few (still) with plastic tips.
So you too are deadly to EVERY floor with your shoes!?

Anita1805
Magician

Postby Anita1805 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:04 pm

Otherwise, when it comes to heels, the following applies to you: The thinner, the better!?
:oops: guilty :oops: (at least most of the the time)
but on the other hand, I also realize that said metal stilettos often are not much thicker.
Especially if you just (recent) lost the tip, nails are deadly for a floor, later on the metal wears a bit round.
Most of my heels (at least the thin ones) have metal tips, because they last longer (and because of the sound), sometimes they are worn so far that I indeed walk on the nail, but metal tips also wear out over time rounded.
I also have quite a few stilettos, of which only a few (still) with plastic tips.
No some floor types can withstand heels in a fair way, but for softer floortypes, heels can be deadly.

Another type of worn-out heels that are bad for the appearance of a floor are those where you have lost the tip, or are worn so far that the pin is pushed in a bit, creating a kind of open tube, with rarely sharp edges, which then leave nice round circles in a floor. :shock:
No, I don't get stand on people, not even their feet, so please don't even ask.

Pjedro
Advocate

Postby Pjedro » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:31 am

:oops: guilty :oops: (at least most of the the time)
No some floor types can withstand heels in a fair way, but for softer floortypes, heels can be deadly.

Another type of worn-out heels that are bad for the appearance of a floor are those where you have lost the tip, or are worn so far that the pin is pushed in a bit, creating a kind of open tube, with rarely sharp edges, which then leave nice round circles in a floor. :shock:
„...which then leave NICE round circles...“ So you really enjoy leaving holes like this on wooden floors, right? :P And if it happens in private houses - so what... :oops: You accept it cheaply!? :lol: :mrgreen:

Ginas1120
Wet behind the ears

Postby Ginas1120 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:37 pm

Pedro and other guys,
Look I really don't care what my nail tips or shredder tips or BZ tips do to wooden or linoleum floors. My spike heels are meant to accentuate my stride and tease a little too. I like the feeling when my heel "bites" into a wood floor and gives me additional grip kind of like when I wore my cross country spikes and soccer cleats to bite into the grass and ground. I like to see the marks my heel tips make wherever I walk.
I know some guys like to be stepped on with our heels and I do enjoy leaving some heel tip "tattoos" on skin of you guys who love to see us women in stilettos making our "marks" in the world 8) I have had a lot of guys want to buy my heels and I am always willing to sell them and buy new pairs for my closet

Spikingly,
Gina
Gina

MistressJodie
Devotee

Postby MistressJodie » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:59 pm

It's gone very quiet on here, everyone ok? Lockdown being a pain in the ass?

heelgal
Wet behind the ears

Postby heelgal » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:06 am

I agree its been very quiet on here. Hopefully we can get it going again!

I figure I'll share a brief story from this week that might be of interest... I had to make a trip into our office to get some items I needed. Obviously with the lockdown the office was totally empty. I also don't wear heels out and about much anymore, so figured this was a good opportunity to rock the heels (don't worry I still do at home). When I got to the office I noticed that they had refinished all the wood floors recently and could still smell the finish. Anyhow I managed to christen it in my stiletto heels leaving a few little signs that someone had been in the office! For better or for worse no one was around to witness it. :lol:

MistressJodie
Devotee

Postby MistressJodie » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:09 pm

I agree its been very quiet on here. Hopefully we can get it going again!

I figure I'll share a brief story from this week that might be of interest... I had to make a trip into our office to get some items I needed. Obviously with the lockdown the office was totally empty. I also don't wear heels out and about much anymore, so figured this was a good opportunity to rock the heels (don't worry I still do at home). When I got to the office I noticed that they had refinished all the wood floors recently and could still smell the finish. Anyhow I managed to christen it in my stiletto heels leaving a few little signs that someone had been in the office! For better or for worse no one was around to witness it. :lol:
Haha brilliant!! No one will ever know what happened either, or who it was. What heels were you wearing?

Ginas1120
Wet behind the ears

Postby Ginas1120 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:12 pm

Great Job Jodie,
They could probably follow your heel dents to your desk.... unless you were devious and walked to someone elses desk (some guy hahaha) and took your spikes off.

I did a lot of walking around in my stilettos at some small parties... and left my marks a lot in the last couple of weeks :)

Spikingly,
Gina :P
Gina

heelgal
Wet behind the ears

Postby heelgal » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:40 am

Jodie, I was wearing stiletto boots.

Yes I suppose if they really cared they could trace it to my desk or assume one of us who wear heels. But if so, it is not illegal to wear stiletto heels on wood floors and quite frankly it is evidence of me working and accomplishing my tasks.

I wasn't there long enough on this visit so not enough time for a well-beaten trail of dents to develop... yet. :lol:

highheelswearer
Wall Flower

Postby highheelswearer » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:58 am

I notice some refer to high heels as spikes. When I was young that was the terminology by many of us. Candies company made a slip on high heel and if I remembered they were referred to as Candie Spikes. I wore those everywhere, everyday! Pain be damned (LOL). I think every girl in school had a least one pair and I remember the boys liked them (hehehe).

MistressJodie
Devotee

Postby MistressJodie » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:07 pm

Yes I suppose if they really cared they could trace it to my desk or assume one of us who wear heels. But if so, it is not illegal to wear stiletto heels on wood floors and quite frankly it is evidence of me working and accomplishing my tasks.

I wasn't there long enough on this visit so not enough time for a well-beaten trail of dents to develop... yet. :lol:
Good ! yes absolutely no issue with wearing heels of any description on any floor, if they mark the floor then so be it. It would be interesting for you to wear the stilettos again when everyone is back in work, and see if you get any comments. Or better still wear a pair of stilettos that are worn down to the nails. I think I'd be inclined to do that as a test lol

MistressJodie
Devotee

Postby MistressJodie » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:09 pm

I notice some refer to high heels as spikes. When I was young that was the terminology by many of us. Candies company made a slip on high heel and if I remembered they were referred to as Candie Spikes. I wore those everywhere, everyday! Pain be damned (LOL). I think every girl in school had a least one pair and I remember the boys liked them (hehehe).
Hmm interesting, never really heard them called that, mainly heels, high heels, stilettos or nails for me

heelgal
Wet behind the ears

Postby heelgal » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:52 pm

Good ! yes absolutely no issue with wearing heels of any description on any floor, if they mark the floor then so be it. It would be interesting for you to wear the stilettos again when everyone is back in work, and see if you get any comments. Or better still wear a pair of stilettos that are worn down to the nails. I think I'd be inclined to do that as a test lol
I get a lot of comments about my heels, but have almost never gotten a comment about the floor damage from my heels from random people. I may have to see what it takes to get a comment. Obviously my husband comments all the time.

MistressJodie
Devotee

Postby MistressJodie » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:29 pm

I get a lot of comments about my heels, but have almost never gotten a comment about the floor damage from my heels from random people. I may have to see what it takes to get a comment. Obviously my husband comments all the time.
Lol yes, those with an interest in our heels will always notice the damage - and actively encourage it in my experience! I've been in lots of places with my ex and he has whispered to me excitedly that my nail heels are doing damage. I would never look or take any notice but would always be inclined to "focus" the heels on the floor a bit more once he had spotted it lol

In a public/workplace the only comment I ever got from anyone was from my boss when I worked in a clothes shop that I was wrecking her wooden floor with my heels, which to be fair, I did lol

Return to “Fashion & Beauty”