Do you wear heels on wooden floors

Female Fashion Articles and Chat

Moderator: Silent One

Pjedro
Advocate

Re: Do you wear heels on wooden floors

Postby Pjedro » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:50 pm

:D Yes, sometimes I wish they would come back into fashion again, because I think they were just a bit thinner than the current metal stilettos, but against that nowadays the metal part is often more than half or even three-quarter of the length , where then often only the first few centimeters.
And you think that's bad?
Personally, I love the current ones just a bit more, even though they are maybe a fraction thicker, they are often also a bit darker in color, which I certainly find more appropriate with boots. For lighter colors and especially sandals I like the shiny ones more.
Otherwise, when it comes to heels, the following applies to you: The thinner, the better!?
Have you experienced this before? That damage was knowingly/deliberately left in a private home?
If I say I never did I would be lying, but let me say that I at least never do that at peoples house who are very close to me.
LOL ... Okay, my question was aimed at OTHER WOMEN, but... - you are honest! ;-)
but on the other hand, I also realize that said metal stilettos often are not much thicker.
Especially if you just (recent) lost the tip, nails are deadly for a floor, later on the metal wears a bit round.
That's the kind of shoes you wear, right?
Most of my heels (at least the thin ones) have metal tips, because they last longer (and because of the sound), sometimes they are worn so far that I indeed walk on the nail, but metal tips also wear out over time rounded.
I also have quite a few stilettos, of which only a few (still) with plastic tips.
So you too are deadly to EVERY floor with your shoes!?

Anita1805
Magician

Postby Anita1805 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:04 pm

Otherwise, when it comes to heels, the following applies to you: The thinner, the better!?
:oops: guilty :oops: (at least most of the the time)
but on the other hand, I also realize that said metal stilettos often are not much thicker.
Especially if you just (recent) lost the tip, nails are deadly for a floor, later on the metal wears a bit round.
Most of my heels (at least the thin ones) have metal tips, because they last longer (and because of the sound), sometimes they are worn so far that I indeed walk on the nail, but metal tips also wear out over time rounded.
I also have quite a few stilettos, of which only a few (still) with plastic tips.
No some floor types can withstand heels in a fair way, but for softer floortypes, heels can be deadly.

Another type of worn-out heels that are bad for the appearance of a floor are those where you have lost the tip, or are worn so far that the pin is pushed in a bit, creating a kind of open tube, with rarely sharp edges, which then leave nice round circles in a floor. :shock:
No, I don't get stand on people, not even their feet, so please don't even ask.

Pjedro
Advocate

Postby Pjedro » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:31 am

:oops: guilty :oops: (at least most of the the time)
No some floor types can withstand heels in a fair way, but for softer floortypes, heels can be deadly.

Another type of worn-out heels that are bad for the appearance of a floor are those where you have lost the tip, or are worn so far that the pin is pushed in a bit, creating a kind of open tube, with rarely sharp edges, which then leave nice round circles in a floor. :shock:
„...which then leave NICE round circles...“ So you really enjoy leaving holes like this on wooden floors, right? :P And if it happens in private houses - so what... :oops: You accept it cheaply!? :lol: :mrgreen:

Return to “Fashion & Beauty”