Fair to be told not to wear heels?

Female Fashion Articles and Chat

Moderator: Silent One

Pjedro
Advocate

Re: Fair to be told not to wear heels?

Postby Pjedro » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:53 pm

Anita1805 wrote:
Pjedro wrote:Upppsss.... Just recently renovated floors... Okay, then the hosts were probably not exactly thrilled about the bumps you kicked in them with your heels...!?

The landlady generally wears wider heels indoors... So she knows what thinner heels can do? But nevertheless she allows you to walk through her house on your thinnest metal stilettos? Doesn't say anything to you?

They knew that I didn't do it on purpose, after all I had deliberately chosen heels with soft tips, although fairly thin heels, but no real stilettos.
Of course they would have preferred to keep the floor taut for a while, but they also knew that sooner or later damage would occur.

I think that every woman is aware that heels can cause damage to a floor, the thinner, the greater the chance, but that she prefers a somewhat wider heel mainly has more to do with personal preference than with the prevention of dents.
As for myself, she hasn't really forbidden me from wearing stilettos, but I'm already taking that into account, and as long as they have soft tips, they won't leave any significant dents.

Fortunately, this bad habit has apparently not yet arrived in the Netherlands - that hosts always expect their guests to take off their shoes at the door as a matter of course? :roll:

Anita1805
Half blood

Postby Anita1805 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:10 pm

Pjedro wrote:Fortunately, this bad habit has apparently not yet arrived in the Netherlands - that hosts always expect their guests to take off their shoes at the door as a matter of course? :roll:

I don't understand what you mean / want to ask by this. :?
No, I don't get stand on people, not even their feet, so please don't even ask.

Pjedro
Advocate

Postby Pjedro » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:20 pm

Anita1805 wrote:
Pjedro wrote:Fortunately, this bad habit has apparently not yet arrived in the Netherlands - that hosts always expect their guests to take off their shoes at the door as a matter of course? :roll:

I don't understand what you mean / want to ask by this. :?

That the hosts in the Netherlands apparently still have style and etiquette! Right? In Germany, guests are more and more naturally expected to take off their shoes (of any kind!) at the front door... :roll:

Return to “Fashion & Beauty”