Stilettos

Female Fashion Articles and Chat

Moderator: Silent One

Anita1805
Half blood

Re: Stilettos

Postby Anita1805 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:19 am

heelgal wrote:True but I've found it surprising the number of party halls and event spaces that don't, often its the original hardwood floors from when it was a private mansion or historic dance hall but even relatively newer places also. They either look like they take a real beating or just take constant repair and attention and probably have a whole staff to make repairs. Especially when its weddings and formal events every woman is in high heels and guys are in hard-sole dress shoes. I've gotten onto my husband about the damage his dress shoes do to our floor and should take them off.

I think that for most owners of all the authentic look of wood is more important than the risk that the floor will get damaged in the future.

The latter will certainly have made a deep impression on him :lol:
No, I don't get stand on people, not even their feet, so please don't even ask.

Pjedro
Chat Master

Postby Pjedro » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:59 pm

Anita1805 wrote:
Pjedro wrote:
The organizer / host practically pays for the damage there with the rent. Therefore: Do you deliberately and intentionally leave particularly deep dents there? :dance:

No, more because the owner of such a floor knows that there is a big chance that among the visitors there are ladies with pointed heels, and therefore damage to the floor.

Basically, it's his own fault - and that has to be punished!? :wink:

Anita1805 wrote:
Pjedro wrote:
So, when you visit people who are very close to you, you take off your nailed heels at the door?

I will take it into account when choosing my footwear before I go there. :wink:

Okay, I understand - in this situation, you wear ballerinas or cozy felt slippers!? :lol:

Anita1805 wrote:
Pjedro wrote:
Pjedro wrote:
Very good idea! :lol:

Or do we want to make a competition out of it? I would be available as a jury...!? :lol: :clap:

What's about our competition? :)

Are you impartial ? :roll:

Well, of course I am COMPLETELY IMPARTIAL as head of jury!!! :angel: After all, I don't know any of you personally - and attempts at bribery will be punished!!! :sunglasses:

Therefore: Get started with your storys, where you had a lot of fun crushing the floors - or, where the damage was very bad... I look forward to your stories! :dance:

Pjedro
Chat Master

Postby Pjedro » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:02 pm

Anita1805 wrote:
heelgal wrote:True but I've found it surprising the number of party halls and event spaces that don't, often its the original hardwood floors from when it was a private mansion or historic dance hall but even relatively newer places also. They either look like they take a real beating or just take constant repair and attention and probably have a whole staff to make repairs. Especially when its weddings and formal events every woman is in high heels and guys are in hard-sole dress shoes. I've gotten onto my husband about the damage his dress shoes do to our floor and should take them off.

I think that for most owners of all the authentic look of wood is more important than the risk that the floor will get damaged in the future.

The latter will certainly have made a deep impression on him :lol:

At home he'll only be allowed to sneak through the house in felt slippers... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anita1805
Half blood

Postby Anita1805 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:31 pm

Pjedro wrote:
So, when you visit people who are very close to you, you take off your nailed heels at the door?

Anita wrote:I will take it into account when choosing my footwear before I go there. :wink:

Pjedro wrote:Okay, I understand - in this situation, you wear ballerinas or cozy felt slippers!? :lol:

https://www.bol.com/nl/p/dierenpoot-slo ... gIqcPD_BwE

Nails anyway, but no risk of damage to the floor. :lol: :lol: :lol:
No, I don't get stand on people, not even their feet, so please don't even ask.

Pjedro
Chat Master

Postby Pjedro » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:14 pm

Anita1805 wrote:
Pjedro wrote:

Anita wrote:I will take it into account when choosing my footwear before I go there. :wink:

Pjedro wrote:Okay, I understand - in this situation, you wear ballerinas or cozy felt slippers!? :lol:

https://www.bol.com/nl/p/dierenpoot-slo ... gIqcPD_BwE

Nails anyway, but no risk of damage to the floor. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't really wear shoes like this !? Never and nowhere! :shock: :lol:

Pjedro
Chat Master

Postby Pjedro » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:18 pm

But what’s about your BEST STORY, Anita - the impartial and incorruptible Pjedro is waiting!? :clap:

MistressJodie
Evangelist

Postby MistressJodie » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:19 pm

Pjedro wrote:
So... Since the hosts look anxiously (or fearfully?) at your shoes, it already seem's to me, as if they don't like it so much that you walk into their housees with the broken heels?

Maybe they just don't dare to order you taking off your shoes? Maybe they hope that you do it voluntarily after their researching looks...?

Well I certainly won't do it voluntarily. Lots of people look at my shoes and heels, it doesn't mean anything to me, usually it's guys who like the noise or whatever. And the heels are not broken, just worn down to the nails they are perfect other than that..

heelgal
Wet behind the ears

Postby heelgal » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:26 am

Pjedro wrote:
heelgal wrote:
Anita1805 wrote:For that reason, party hall managers usually opt for a more expensive, but high-quality, wear-resistant floor.
And damage there is of course less of an issue than on a floor in someone's home.

True but I've found it surprising the number of party halls and event spaces that don't, often its the original hardwood floors from when it was a private mansion or historic dance hall but even relatively newer places also. They either look like they take a real beating or just take constant repair and attention and probably have a whole staff to make repairs. Especially when its weddings and formal events every woman is in high heels and guys are in hard-sole dress shoes. I've gotten onto my husband about the damage his dress shoes do to our floor and should take them off.

You wear your high heels at home – but, your husband should take off his shoes? :lol: :lol: :lol: What kind of traces does he leave on your floors?

Yes precisely. His shoes leave black rubber marks on the floor.

Pjedro
Chat Master

Postby Pjedro » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:43 pm

heelgal wrote:
Pjedro wrote:
heelgal wrote:
Anita1805 wrote:For that reason, party hall managers usually opt for a more expensive, but high-quality, wear-resistant floor.
And damage there is of course less of an issue than on a floor in someone's home.

True but I've found it surprising the number of party halls and event spaces that don't, often its the original hardwood floors from when it was a private mansion or historic dance hall but even relatively newer places also. They either look like they take a real beating or just take constant repair and attention and probably have a whole staff to make repairs. Especially when its weddings and formal events every woman is in high heels and guys are in hard-sole dress shoes. I've gotten onto my husband about the damage his dress shoes do to our floor and should take them off.

You wear your high heels at home – but, your husband should take off his shoes? :lol: :lol: :lol: What kind of traces does he leave on your floors?

Black rubber marks can be easily wiped away, heelgal - they are not as bad as the holes you punch in the ground with your heels? :?:

Pjedro
Chat Master

Postby Pjedro » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:45 pm

MistressJodie wrote:
Pjedro wrote:
So... Since the hosts look anxiously (or fearfully?) at your shoes, it already seem's to me, as if they don't like it so much that you walk into their housees with the broken heels?

Maybe they just don't dare to order you taking off your shoes? Maybe they hope that you do it voluntarily after their researching looks...?

Well I certainly won't do it voluntarily. Lots of people look at my shoes and heels, it doesn't mean anything to me, usually it's guys who like the noise or whatever. And the heels are not broken, just worn down to the nails they are perfect other than that..

„Perfect“ to destroy the floors... :lol: :lol: :lol:

heelgal
Wet behind the ears

Postby heelgal » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:32 am

Pjedro wrote:
heelgal wrote:
Pjedro wrote:
heelgal wrote:

Black rubber marks can be easily wiped away, heelgal - they are not as bad as the holes you punch in the ground with your heels? :?:

I beg to disagree, and black marks just look terrible. My shoes are okay to wear around the house.

Pjedro
Chat Master

Postby Pjedro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:09 pm

heelgal wrote:
Pjedro wrote:
heelgal wrote:
Pjedro wrote:

I beg to disagree, and black marks just look terrible. My shoes are okay to wear around the house.

Does your husband see it exactly the same way too?

MistressJodie
Evangelist

Postby MistressJodie » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:16 pm

Pjedro wrote:
MistressJodie wrote:
Pjedro wrote:

Well yes, if that's what happens then so be it. Heels with exposed nails will damage most floors

Pjedro
Chat Master

Postby Pjedro » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:13 pm

MistressJodie wrote:
Pjedro wrote:
MistressJodie wrote:
Pjedro wrote:

Well yes, if that's what happens then so be it. Heels with exposed nails will damage most floors

:lol: :doh: So you have no pity on the hosts...

MistressJodie
Evangelist

Postby MistressJodie » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:38 pm

Pjedro wrote: :lol: :doh: So you have no pity on the hosts...

No. None. Why would I???

Return to “Fashion & Beauty”