Do you wear heels on wooden floors

Female Fashion Articles and Chat

Moderator: Silent One

Anita1805
Teacher

Re: Do you wear heels on wooden floors

Postby Anita1805 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:33 pm

stephaniewoi wrote:The difference is even more pronounced than that. When I am wearing beautiful stilettos I find I am welcomed, respected and adored. The fact that my heels are making marks in the floor is mostly overlooked and forgiven. Anybody wearing muddy shoes would be socially cast out.

Exactly, by choosing our most beautiful heels (and of course the rest of our outfit) we show the host our respect on the invitation, if I know that these people are very careful on their floor I will certainly take that into account (try) not wearing my most pointed ones.
No, I don't get stand on people, not even their feet, so please don't even ask.

Anita1805
Teacher

Postby Anita1805 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:46 pm

heelgal wrote:
I was recently at a wedding that was held at some exclusive country club, I was wearing some ice pick thin metal stiletto heels and someone actually said something to me about the damage those were doing to the wood floor. I told him he was right, these were the only shoes I had, told him he was a creep for watching me which shut him up and then proceeded to continue to walk and dance the rest of the night in them. Hopefully it pained him.

If it was his own floor it certainly did, otherwise striking that a stranger appeals to you about the effect from your heels to the floor (of course unless it's a compliment :wink: ).
And your answer, "that he had right" :P . I would like to see his face. haha, although I consider myself capable of also giving such a response.

stephaniewoi wrote:
There are relatively few of us who confidently wear such amazing "ice pick metal stilettos" that those who get to observe us are lucky and should consider the collateral damage they create as an acceptable consequence.

Certainly, even by many woman it commands respect wearing such mega-thin high stilettos , and I regularly get the question how I can walk so well, and that often for evenings.
My answer, practice a lot, keep doing it regularly, and most importantly, have self-confidence.
Last edited by Anita1805 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stephaniewoi
Wizard

Postby stephaniewoi » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:59 pm

Anita1805 wrote:
heelgal wrote:
I was recently at a wedding that was held at some exclusive country club, I was wearing some ice pick thin metal stiletto heels and someone actually said something to me about the damage those were doing to the wood floor. I told him he was right, these were the only shoes I had, told him he was a creep for watching me which shut him up and then proceeded to continue to walk and dance the rest of the night in them. Hopefully it pained him.

If it was his own floor it certainly did, otherwise striking that a stranger appeals to you about the effect from your heels to the floor (of course unless it's a compliment :wink: ).
And your answer, "that he had right" :P . I would like to see his face. haha, although I consider myself capable of also giving such an answer.

Like Anita says, it's a bit unusual that somebody at such a country club would be protective of the floors. Probably he was turned on by your heels. You were spot on to insult him, but maybe you could have squeezed a little submissive behaviour and metaphorically walked all over him.

Anita1805
Teacher

Postby Anita1805 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:11 pm

Pjedro wrote:
But... "Muddy boots are going to make mess..."??? What I meant is: boots from the dirt might make some marks on carpets that can simply be vacuumed away?

On carpets and rugs heels don't leave damage, and muddy boots the more, so it depends on the floor which leaves the most damage.
Only are heels, and their possible damage to floors, more general accepted.

Pjedro wrote:Heel dents on wooden floors but stay forever !?

Unless you have a very good / strong vacuum cleaner. :lol:
But wooden floors can get sanded.

Anita1805
Teacher

Postby Anita1805 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:20 pm

stephaniewoi wrote:
Maybe the heels will make dents, maybe not.

Maybe you should do a detailed inspection of the wooden floor after I have walked on it and let me know the results.

To dent, or not to dent, that's the question :roll:

And after that certainly report back the how many dents. :lol:

heelgal
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

Postby heelgal » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:27 am

stephaniewoi wrote:
Anita1805 wrote:
heelgal wrote:

And your answer, "that he had right" :P . I would like to see his face. haha, although I consider myself capable of also giving such an answer.

Like Anita says, it's a bit unusual that somebody at such a country club would be protective of the floors. Probably he was turned on by your heels. You were spot on to insult him, but maybe you could have squeezed a little submissive behaviour and metaphorically walked all over him.

Yeah that could also have been the case however he seemed more to be an uptight overprotective member intolerant of young outsiders visiting and enjoying "his" club. Anyhow I did enjoy his club for hours in my sharp heels on the wood floors. It was a pretty good wedding too.

Pjedro
Getting in the Groove

Postby Pjedro » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:39 pm

heelgal wrote:
stephaniewoi wrote:
Anita1805 wrote:
heelgal wrote:

Yeah that could also have been the case however he seemed more to be an uptight overprotective member intolerant of young outsiders visiting and enjoying "his" club. Anyhow I did enjoy his club for hours in my sharp heels on the wood floors. It was a pretty good wedding too.

The landlord probably had tears in his eyes the next day, eh? :lol: After you finished his floor... :lol:

What a unpleasant guy... :roll: I would have intentionally left a very big damage! :!:

Pjedro
Getting in the Groove

Postby Pjedro » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:16 pm

Anita1805 wrote:
Pjedro wrote:
But... "Muddy boots are going to make mess..."??? What I meant is: boots from the dirt might make some marks on carpets that can simply be vacuumed away?

On carpets and rugs heels don't leave damage, and muddy boots the more, so it depends on the floor which leaves the most damage.
Only are heels, and their possible damage to floors, more general accepted.

But, it‘s no „damage“, what muddy boots are leaving?

Pjedro wrote:Heel dents on wooden floors but stay forever !?

Anita1805 wrote:Unless you have a very good / strong vacuum cleaner. :lol:
But wooden floors can get sanded.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But sanding is a expensive, time-consuming and with much dirt related matter?

Anita1805
Teacher

Postby Anita1805 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:44 pm

heelgal wrote:

And to think that you were probably not the only one who left a lasting impression, weddings are generally occasions when people dress at their best, and for many ladies that means heels.

Anita1805
Teacher

Postby Anita1805 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:01 pm

Pjedro wrote:
But, it‘s no „damage“, what muddy boots are leaving?

Maybe no permanent, but I think owners aren't happy with muddy spot on their carpet or rugs, and it is beyond that the question whether they can be removed.

But I'm afraid we're not going to agree about that your muddy boots will be sooner accepted than our heels.

Pjedro wrote:
But sanding is a expensive, time-consuming and with much dirt related matter?

That's the reason that I don't let it do very often, and when, then just sanding and finishing again, really don't have the intention to remove every dent. :lol:
And for me, most of the work is emptying the room, sanding and repainting does the company, and they work almost dust-free.

Pjedro
Getting in the Groove

Postby Pjedro » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:21 pm

Anita1805 wrote:
heelgal wrote:

And to think that you were probably not the only one who left a lasting impression, weddings are generally occasions when people dress at their best, and for many ladies that means heels.

But not all women wear heels of the devil? :lol: :doh:

Probably the owner of the country club has seen that Heelgal with each step leaves a lot of damage to his floor... Yet an impossible behavior - so he may just not rent his club, right?

heelgal
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

Postby heelgal » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:07 pm

Pjedro wrote:
heelgal wrote:Yeah that could also have been the case however he seemed more to be an uptight overprotective member intolerant of young outsiders visiting and enjoying "his" club. Anyhow I did enjoy his club for hours in my sharp heels on the wood floors. It was a pretty good wedding too.

The landlord probably had tears in his eyes the next day, eh? :lol: After you finished his floor... :lol:

What a unpleasant guy... :roll: I would have intentionally left a very big damage! :!:

Most likely, like I said these were my ice pick metal heels so walking let alone intense party dancing with jumping on a wooden floor for 8 hours wasn't going to leave it in good condition. I wore those shoes because I knew they had lots of wood floors and my husband would get turned on for later but I wasn't anticipating interacting with an asshole. I was pissed off by his remarks so I definitely made an extra effort to leave deeper and additional marks in the floor in his honor, pity the landlord/manager/janitor who saw it the next day and all the permanent marks. I guess that's what happens when you let outsiders in.

Pjedro wrote:
Anita1805 wrote:

But not all women wear heels of the devil? :lol: :doh:

Probably the owner of the country club has seen that Heelgal with each step leaves a lot of damage to his floor... Yet an impossible behavior - so he may just not rent his club, right?

Right, there were lots of stiletto wearing women there (and there was evidence of prior heel wearing women) but I think I was the only one attending with metal spike heels. :D

It would be a pity if they let the floor condition take priority over their member's hosting future weddings and special events at the club. I think it would be better to just deal with their guests hospitality and keep someone on staff repairing the floors if its that important.

Return to “Fashion & Beauty”