Men Over 40 Who Want To Wear Earrings

Female Fashion Articles and Chat

Moderator: Silent One

ppppp47

Re: Men Over 40 Who Want To Wear Earrings

Postby ppppp47 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:01 pm

I still do not understand why some peaople think earrings on men are feminine. This could even be the other way round: massive, 1" golden hoops could look very maskuline! It depends on the man wearing them.
I also hat tough discussions with my girl friend convincing her to let my ears pierced. Initially she was not really happy - but finally she accepted it. Most comments I got from other women - all of them positive. So I think the vast majority of women likes earrings on men, and most men likes them, too. But is is something different having these holes since young days - for most women it is something they just have and did not think about. Most men get their ears pierced very late, and they just think too much about.

paperclip_40

Postby paperclip_40 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:56 pm

I agree ppppp47, I don't understand why people thing earrings on guys are feminine.

I'm like you, I've gotten compliments on my earrings from women at work. only positive so far. If anyone thinks negatively then they don't say anything. I had one woman tell me that i looked very "cool" with earrings in both ears and to keep them, don't take them out 8)

it's also true that a lot of men wait until they are older before they get the nerve to pierce their ears. when they're younger they worry too much about what other people will say.

I'm almost 51 and I am still rocking the earrings in both ears and love it. i don't think it looks feminine at all. it's very hip and trendy and looks cool.

Glad you're enjoying your earrings too.

Barefoot Susan
Getting in the Groove

Postby Barefoot Susan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:27 pm

My current male friend has five piercings in his left ear and two in his right as well as two in each nipple and normally gets no adverse comments whatsoever even though one in each ear is 8mm thick, 22mm in diameter solid steel and heavy enough to stretch his lobes quite noticeably.

Barefoot Susan
Getting in the Groove

Postby Barefoot Susan » Sun May 06, 2018 1:50 am

An update!
My male friend’s lobes stretch very easily and he can easily wear 10mm rings.
He very much enjoys the weight and feeling his lobes move but has had to accept that prolonged wear will extend his lobes more than he is comfortable with.
He now has 10mm glass tunnels with 8mm rings through them. This reduces the weight a bit and also distributes it over a wider area while still giving him the sensation that he likes. They also look fantastic.

Kd7b
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Kd7b » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:42 pm

Just turned 63, wear 2 studs 24/7. Left ear pierced when I was 35, added the right ear 5 months ago. Typically wear diamond studs, or black diamond studs. No negative comments, typically no comments at all.

Tina TV
Master Wizard

Postby Tina TV » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:20 am

Well 13 years on from my original posting in this topic. Still wearing large crystal studs (often pink) in both ears 24/7. Still waiting for that negative comment.

Yeah it can look femine but suspect it's the long bleached blonde hair that confuses most people I meet on the street. What the hell I'm happy. Yesterday was called a "lady", and then he did a double take and revised that to "young man", I'm 58, either way I call that a win.

Return to “Fashion & Beauty”