High Heels with No Grips!! - Fashion vs Winter!!

Female Fashion Articles and Chat

Moderator: Silent One

High_Heels_&_Wedges
Wall Flower
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:04 am

Re: High Heels with No Grips!! - Fashion vs Winter!!

Postby High_Heels_&_Wedges » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:50 pm

Emmalee wrote:Well snow returned to us as expected. Has made today a fair bit tricky walking round. was very slippy under foot and had to hold onto the rail on any sort of ramp outside due to all the ice but i still managed even in heels. hope anyone else who has gotten the new snow is managing ok too.


Our snow is melting, making mud everywhere (great for heels and my car lol), and I don't know if that storm sweeping the U.S. will hit me or not. I hope it does, as I love rain and such, but the grass is very wet and mud is everywhere!

louise_heels
Duchess
Posts: 2569
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:49 pm
Contact:

Re: High Heels with No Grips!! - Fashion vs Winter!!

Postby louise_heels » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:02 pm

Bit of a frosty very cold morning today! :o A bit slippy underfoot but made it to the office with no mishaps! phew :D

louise_heels
Duchess
Posts: 2569
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:49 pm
Contact:

Re: High Heels with No Grips!! - Fashion vs Winter!!

Postby louise_heels » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:53 pm

Deb-in-car wrote:Hello, I haven't posted on here in a while... HI LOUISE (tried sending you a PM but don't think it worked). Just got our first little blast of real winter here in Toronto. Heels heels and more heels is what I say except now I work about half the time from a downtown office so I commute on the subway and have a 1/2 km walk. On these days I travel in flat boots at this time of year and then change into my heels when I get to the office...

Deb


are you managing in those heels still Deb?
Louise

High_Heels_&_Wedges
Wall Flower
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:04 am

Re: High Heels with No Grips!! - Fashion vs Winter!!

Postby High_Heels_&_Wedges » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:39 pm

louise_heels wrote:Bit of a frosty very cold morning today! :o A bit slippy underfoot but made it to the office with no mishaps! phew :D


We got blasted with a snowstorm over here (Resulted in me getting my car stuck a grand total of two times, my girlfriend's car lived through it though), and it's been quite slippery here. Also deep. In a few spots where I have to go through deep snow, and even with OTK boots, snow was daring to fall in! Why I am still wearing heels? Don't know to be honest, but not even a snowstorm will stop me.
Ice patches have been dotting the place. My girlfriend slipped on one and I had to catch her.
Hope you are doing nice!

louise_heels
Duchess
Posts: 2569
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:49 pm
Contact:

Re: High Heels with No Grips!! - Fashion vs Winter!!

Postby louise_heels » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:39 am

High_Heels_&_Wedges wrote:
louise_heels wrote:We got blasted with a snowstorm over here (Resulted in me getting my car stuck a grand total of two times, my girlfriend's car lived through it though), and it's been quite slippery here. Also deep. In a few spots where I have to go through deep snow, and even with OTK boots, snow was daring to fall in! Why I am still wearing heels? Don't know to be honest, but not even a snowstorm will stop me.
Ice patches have been dotting the place. My girlfriend slipped on one and I had to catch her.
Hope you are doing nice!


hope you are coping ok in the snowy weather and that your GF was OK?

Maybe its just with the winter Olympics on TV just now but it feels so icy cold outside just now and there are icy stretches everywhere, eek.

High_Heels_&_Wedges
Wall Flower
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:04 am

Re: High Heels with No Grips!! - Fashion vs Winter!!

Postby High_Heels_&_Wedges » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:31 pm

louise_heels wrote:
High_Heels_&_Wedges wrote:
louise_heels wrote:We got blasted with a snowstorm over here (Resulted in me getting my car stuck a grand total of two times, my girlfriend's car lived through it though), and it's been quite slippery here. Also deep. In a few spots where I have to go through deep snow, and even with OTK boots, snow was daring to fall in! Why I am still wearing heels? Don't know to be honest, but not even a snowstorm will stop me.
Ice patches have been dotting the place. My girlfriend slipped on one and I had to catch her.
Hope you are doing nice!


hope you are coping ok in the snowy weather and that your GF was OK?

Maybe its just with the winter Olympics on TV just now but it feels so icy cold outside just now and there are icy stretches everywhere, eek.


The snow is starting to melt over here (oh great... time for more mud and wet grass...). We are trying are best, and my girlfriend is OK, she is a real trooper (unlike me sometimes :? ). Ice seems to have come, been the slipperiest, then disappeared and then reappeared. Hope you are doing great!

User avatar
Lindamial
Beginner! Talk to me!
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:28 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: High Heels with No Grips!! - Fashion vs Winter!!

Postby Lindamial » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:52 pm

yes it's tough to wear high heels, I remember that i just wore it once or twice in life. I never tried to wear it again. :lol:

High_Heels_&_Wedges
Wall Flower
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:04 am

Re: High Heels with No Grips!! - Fashion vs Winter!!

Postby High_Heels_&_Wedges » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:18 pm

Lindamial wrote:yes it's tough to wear high heels, I remember that i just wore it once or twice in life. I never tried to wear it again. :lol:


Aww, why not try wearing them again?

User avatar
Anita1805
Devotee
Posts: 545
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: The Netherlands (south)

Re: High Heels with No Grips!! - Fashion vs Winter!!

Postby Anita1805 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:50 pm

Lindamial wrote:yes it's tough to wear high heels, I remember that i just wore it once or twice in life. I never tried to wear it again. :lol:


Maybe first practice with a lower heel, we also have to learn it (sometimes with trial and error) :oops:
No, I don't get stand on people, not even their feet, so please don't even ask.

High_Heels_&_Wedges
Wall Flower
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:04 am

Re: High Heels with No Grips!! - Fashion vs Winter!!

Postby High_Heels_&_Wedges » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:41 pm

Anita1805 wrote:
Lindamial wrote:yes it's tough to wear high heels, I remember that i just wore it once or twice in life. I never tried to wear it again. :lol:


Maybe first practice with a lower heel, we also have to learn it (sometimes with trial and error) :oops:


My first year of wearing heels (long time back we are talking now, also it's my birthday, 1 year older now... :shh: ), I rarely wore a pair of heels higher than 4 inches to be honest. But, hey, I practiced, got good at it, now I am pretty good!

louise_heels
Duchess
Posts: 2569
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:49 pm
Contact:

Re: High Heels with No Grips!! - Fashion vs Winter!!

Postby louise_heels » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:03 am

Woken up to a snowy day today, got to travel long distance too, this might be a frustrating, difficult day! :shock:

User avatar
Anita1805
Devotee
Posts: 545
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: The Netherlands (south)

Re: High Heels with No Grips!! - Fashion vs Winter!!

Postby Anita1805 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:43 pm

louise_heels wrote:Woken up to a snowy day today, got to travel long distance too, this might be a frustrating, difficult day! :shock:


If there is really snow I put my pride aside, and prefer to choose an easier low heel or if necessary flat shoes, even though I in general don't have to walk far from the car to inside.
I then switch to another pair inside.
No, I don't get stand on people, not even their feet, so please don't even ask.

User avatar
LaBella
Just warming up
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:57 pm

Re: High Heels with No Grips!! - Fashion vs Winter!!

Postby LaBella » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:03 am

A lot of snow, cold and wind where I live so I choose a pair of boots with no heels today. Depending on how the buses and trains go in this weather I may have to walk a bit so I took the easy option.

Changed to a pair of high heeled pumps when I got to the office though.

louise_heels
Duchess
Posts: 2569
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:49 pm
Contact:

Re: High Heels with No Grips!! - Fashion vs Winter!!

Postby louise_heels » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:12 pm

Snow watch: had almost nothing overnight although the wind chill was brutal. Now it is snowing hard
Louise x

Emmalee
Just warming up
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: High Heels with No Grips!! - Fashion vs Winter!!

Postby Emmalee » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:05 pm

We had a fair bit of snow yesterday that seemed to not be so bad. but woke up this morning to see a whole lot more and with more to come. definitely going to be tricky for a good wile it seems.


Return to “Fashion & Beauty”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests