Slept with my best guy friend and now I'm a mess

a place to talk about your love life, get tips and advice and seek opionions on these matters
Morgorah
Beginner! Talk to me!

Slept with my best guy friend and now I'm a mess

Postby Morgorah » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:59 pm

:cry:

Ok so backstory. I met this guy at work almost a year and a half ago and right away I knew he was the only one for me, we got on really well together and he was very attractive, but then I found out he wasn't single.

Over the next year we became really good friends and I almost started to forget that I was actually in love with him in the first place. Then he broke up with his gf and everything came flooding back, but before I could even think about getting my hopes up he had already moved on to someone else. The feelings weren't so easy to get rid of this time, and because we were now really good friends I had to endure the horrible pain of hanging out with the two of them together.

Thier relationship was a long distance one and after speaking to her at an event we were all at I could see it wasn't working. They break up and up goes my hopes again... for 2 weeks. While I'm biding my time not wanting to be the rebound he's getting together with a long term friend of his who has always liked him. I missed my chance and it hurt more than ever seeing them together.

All the while my friend and I are growing closer together. First time he invites me round to his to stay over we snuggle while watching movies and it felt amazing to be with him like that, but it stopped there, because he has a gf. 2nd time he invited me to stay we didnt stop. We ended up sleeping together and while the sex was incredible for both of us he doesnt want it to happen again. He wants to stay with his gf and for us to remain friends.

My mind is a mess. We are so right for each other but he still can't see it! I'm ecstatic I got to experience the man I'm in love with in that way but gutted it wont happen again. Not really sure what kind of advice I want from you guys, I guess I just wanted to get it all out.

Thanks for reading x

Jean-Louise
Wizard

Re: Slept with my best guy friend and now I'm a mess

Postby Jean-Louise » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:52 pm

Morgorah wrote::cry:

Ok so backstory. I met this guy at work almost a year and a half ago and right away I knew he was the only one for me, we got on really well together and he was very attractive, but then I found out he wasn't single.

Over the next year we became really good friends and I almost started to forget that I was actually in love with him in the first place. Then he broke up with his gf and everything came flooding back, but before I could even think about getting my hopes up he had already moved on to someone else. The feelings weren't so easy to get rid of this time, and because we were now really good friends I had to endure the horrible pain of hanging out with the two of them together.

Thier relationship was a long distance one and after speaking to her at an event we were all at I could see it wasn't working. They break up and up goes my hopes again... for 2 weeks. While I'm biding my time not wanting to be the rebound he's getting together with a long term friend of his who has always liked him. I missed my chance and it hurt more than ever seeing them together.

All the while my friend and I are growing closer together. First time he invites me round to his to stay over we snuggle while watching movies and it felt amazing to be with him like that, but it stopped there, because he has a gf. 2nd time he invited me to stay we didnt stop. We ended up sleeping together and while the sex was incredible for both of us he doesnt want it to happen again. He wants to stay with his gf and for us to remain friends.

My mind is a mess. We are so right for each other but he still can't see it! I'm ecstatic I got to experience the man I'm in love with in that way but gutted it wont happen again. Not really sure what kind of advice I want from you guys, I guess I just wanted to get it all out.

Thanks for reading x

Its an old story.
Why buy the cow when you can get all the free milk you want?
I am not into exclusive relationships, but if that is what you are looking for, this dude is not the one.

Platin
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Platin » Fri May 19, 2017 1:44 pm

Okey let's start from this point why you want to get yourself in to this pain ... he invites you to snuggle next time he invites you over again and you have sex while he has a gf . I'm sorry to sound harsh but it's not like he will change if he gets with you ... you have to ask this question to yourself will you be okey if he asks over girls and snuggles with them or more when your togeather wount you get jelouse meybe he is a flirty guy and he has a lot of friends like you... you have to ask yourself will you be okey with that wount you get jelouse. Because you know what person he is and that for him cheating is not a moral wall he can't climb over . Im a guy who believes in one partner and I my self know that that's the question you have to ask your self will you be okey if he has friends like you when you will be his gf . If yes go for t if not better escape the pain ...once a cheater always a cheater , every next time is Easyer that's human nature

mx6
High Priestess

Postby mx6 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:06 pm

Do you want to sleep with him or do you want to own him. If his gf is OK with it then be his fwb, but if you want to own him you have to displace her, and he doesn't want that so you have an uphill struggle.

mostirreverent
Angel

Postby mostirreverent » Sat May 20, 2017 1:23 am

just enjoy the experience that you were able to have. at least you had him once. Now you have more to fantasize about
"I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty vices."
Mark Twain

"A place for everything, and everything all about the place."
Mosti

Me in the Flesh Redux

Return to “Love & Sex”