Guys With Earrings in 2016

Guys this is your bit: Don't understand the ladies, want to talk 'bloke' things then do it here
Jean-Louise
FF Royalty

Re: Guys With Earrings in 2016

Postby Jean-Louise » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:08 pm

ppppp47 wrote:It is totally normal for men wearing earrings.
Most men want to have earrings, but they are thinking too much about getting their ears pierced. I had exactly the same problem when I was young. For years I wanted to have my ears pierced, but I did not do it. I thought, hat others could think or say and so I remained without earrings.
Very late - and even without talking to my girlfriend - I decided to get my ears pierced. I was really excited how others would react and - not much happened. Almost no reactions from other men. Most comments came from women, and all of the were - positive!
I was really surprised and from that day on I never had a day without rings or studs in my ears.
So - nothing wrong on men with earrings, just enjoy.

It may be totally normal, but so many guys I have known are so homophobic that they would not have their ears pierced.

canehome86
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby canehome86 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:09 pm

I remember wanting to pierce my ear in college about 15 years ago but never actually having the courage to do so--I remember walking into the local tattoo /piercing shop at that time and asking questions about the piercing studs they had and about pierced ears in general--I never actually did it--fast forward 15 years at 34 years old--the urge finally hit me about a year and a half ago and I took the "plunge" so to speak--I was nervous as heck but a few minutes later my ears had small silver studs and I was wondering why I did not do this years before--I have had my ears pierced for over a year now and I still find myself looking in the mirror thinking how sexy they look--advice to those guys out there that want to pierce their ears but are to timid to do it--just pierce em, you will feel and look great and never regret it--wanting your ears pierced is something that will never go away so might as well get them done--all the girls I have met seem to love guys with their ears done--just do it!

Anya.186
Duchess

Postby Anya.186 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:24 pm

That's nice that you overcame your fears.
Although I hear guys saying they feared the piercing process;
I'm not too sure it's confined to that alone.
Pierced ears on guys in the US definitely confers a "possible homosexual" status
that most straight guys would be vary wary of.
Go into a red neck bar here and you might regret you ever walked in the door.

Society loves to label and judge especially when anything even slightly sexual is introduced.
A pierced guy here is likely find it tough going even to get a straight date, job like teaching, or even medical.
:(
I used to know everything.

Anya.186
Duchess

Postby Anya.186 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:24 pm

Anya.186 wrote:That's nice that you overcame your fears.
Pierced ears on guys in the US definitely confers a "possible homosexual" status
that most straight guys would be very wary of.

Society loves to label and judge especially when anything even slightly sexual is introduced.
A pierced guy here is likely find it tough going even to get a straight date, job like teaching, or even medical.

erie910
Wall Flower

Postby erie910 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:58 pm

I'm a guy with pierced ears, nostril, & nipples, and I'm definitely straight. In fact, it was my wife who encouraged me to have my ears pierced.

Anya.186
Duchess

Postby Anya.186 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:21 pm

erie910 wrote:I'm a guy with pierced ears, nostril, & nipples, and I'm definitely straight. In fact, it was my wife who encouraged me to have my ears pierced.

Yeah I get that.
But there is so much gender confusion these days, it's almost a blur.
Most people may make assumptions but not conclusions.
In the end the only time it becomes an issue when ms/miss/mr Avant Garde shows up on your doorstep
to pick up your son/daughter.
In spite of claims we are extremely protective as we should be.

canehome86
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby canehome86 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:13 pm

Although I did get both of my ears done when I finally decided to go through with an earring, I have just been going with a tiny diamond stud in my left ear as of late. Some people may have an issue with a guy and a pierced ear but I just like the look on myself. A lot of people were surprised when they saw me for the first time wearing an earring, but they get over it and in fact a lot of women have said it is very sexy. Im 35 and may eventually take it out at some point but I still totally think it looks good right now.

Anya.186
Duchess

Postby Anya.186 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:31 am

canehome86 wrote:Although I did get both of my ears done when I finally decided to go through with an earring, I have just been going with a tiny diamond stud in my left ear as of late. Some people may have an issue with a guy and a pierced ear but I just like the look on myself. A lot of people were surprised when they saw me for the first time wearing an earring, but they get over it and in fact a lot of women have said it is very sexy. Im 35 and may eventually take it out at some point but I still totally think it looks good right now.

We need to learn to accept people less on looks.
Still, a guy that has tattoos on his face, visible Nazi emblems, and piercings you might never
want to even know where they are has definitely made himself into some kind of statement.
I know the above is exaggerated but we all are affected by how the other person presents themselves.

I had my nipples pierced when I was 19.
I think it was a social resentment kind of thing that I was going to be different and not some
boring, white, librarian like most parents want their kids to be.
It was deliberate sexual too bc I knew it would excite my partners and be a silent
signal that just about anything goes with me if I'm consensual at the time.

I also had 3 earing piercings.
I was a hidden rebel and it worked really well at the time I must say.
I took them out during my pregnancy so I could nurse my newborn.
Never put them back in.

Jean-Louise
FF Royalty

Postby Jean-Louise » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:01 pm

Are their any guys out their with pierced navels?
I saw a younger man walking down the street with a shirt that allowed his navel area to show about his swim shorts. His navel was pieced. Kind of a girly-looking navel ring, but cute nonetheless.

piercedguy
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby piercedguy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:14 pm

Anya.186 wrote:

You have hit the nail right on the head.
I think there are are lot of guys who have and love their pierced ears, but I think in the real world, there are still a lot of people who look down on it, even if they don't say anything. I think there are also a lot of us who are pierced and keep it to ourselves and only share it with our partners.
I hope that makes sense.

Anya.186
Duchess

Postby Anya.186 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:35 am

piercedguy wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:

You have hit the nail right on the head.
I think there are are lot of guys who have and love their pierced ears, but I think in the real world, there are still a lot of people who look down on it, even if they don't say anything. I think there are also a lot of us who are pierced and keep it to ourselves and only share it with our partners.
I hope that makes sense.

I like independent people, including guys.
But for me piercings alone don't fit into that definition.
I would rather date a guy that has his own computer repair business
than one of those stuffy guys at IBM that allow their employer determine
their salary.
Such crap! (I should talk)
This is deliberate since I met a guy not too long ago that got ink sleeves
over time and his company threatened to fire him if he didn't cover
them up on the job.

Blacksheep558
Wet behind the ears

Postby Blacksheep558 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:48 pm

I pierced my ears in the mid 1970's i love the look and the feel. i have always been of a shy nature so did not wear earrings regularly. It is only in the last 10 years that I have really started to enjoy wearing earrings on a regular basis. I am now in my mid 60's and maybe don't worry so much about what others think. i have not received negative comments. I feel that all men should feel free to express themselves and not be thought of as some sexual deviant, gay or otherwise. some men really rock the look, others may not, but that being sid, some men do very little to care for their appearance, but for a well groomed man, earring are the icing on the cake
Blacksheep

tckokla
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby tckokla » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:36 am

Ten years ago while in between jobs, I pierced my ear. I had always wanted one & for the first few months I really enjoyed having it. After i started my new job, I was always having to take it out 7 after awhile I just stopped wearing it. Now I’m in my early 50’s & last year I finally re-pierced my ear. It all started when my teenage son asked to get an earring, at the same time one of my friends had gotten an earring, so the seed was planted. I had always regretted taking my earring out, so when i took my son to get his ear pierced, we both came home with one. What a difference experience this time. I was now working from home with no constraints of an office dress code, so I was totally able to embrace it. Within a few months my son & I both pierced our right ears. I now have a silver hoop in each ear & they are in to stay.

paperclip_40

Postby paperclip_40 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:42 pm

tckokla wrote:Ten years ago while in between jobs, I pierced my ear. I had always wanted one & for the first few months I really enjoyed having it. After i started my new job, I was always having to take it out 7 after awhile I just stopped wearing it. Now I’m in my early 50’s & last year I finally re-pierced my ear. It all started when my teenage son asked to get an earring, at the same time one of my friends had gotten an earring, so the seed was planted. I had always regretted taking my earring out, so when i took my son to get his ear pierced, we both came home with one. What a difference experience this time. I was now working from home with no constraints of an office dress code, so I was totally able to embrace it. Within a few months my son & I both pierced our right ears. I now have a silver hoop in each ear & they are in to stay.

This is a great story. I think it's cool that you and your son both decided to get your right ear pierced as well as your left. I think it's OK to have only one ear pierced, but it also looks a little dated. Whenever I see a guy with only one ear pierced I think that he worries that both ears pierced would look too feminine. Like I said, nothing wrong with one ear pierced but it looks more natural to have both ears pierced. We have 2 ears, why not wear earrings in both, right?

Like you, I am in my early 50's and have worn earrings consistently for almost 3 years now. No one says anything anymore, the earrings are a part of my look. I sometimes worry that I'm getting too old for wearing earrings, but the feeling soon passes. I don't care what people think.

but thanks for the great story.

tckokla
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby tckokla » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:04 am

Thanks for the reply.

After almost a year, I’m finally totally comfortable with having both ears pierced. Like you, I used to worry I was too old to be wearing them & then the feeling soon passes. It has helped that my two best friends are now both sporting an earring as well. Two of us have both ears pierced & other friend just got his first. You’re right, we have two ears so might as well have them both pierced!!

The adventure with my son has been awesome. His self confidence has skyrocketed & I have to admit it’s been great for mine as well. He went from awkward kid wearing sweats & soccer shoes all the time to cool-shirts & Vans, it’s costing me some money, but well worth it. I’m even wearing Vans myself!!

I think the earrings are goin to stay in for awhile.

Return to “Mens Thoughts”