Why isn't menswear as rich, colorful, fashionable and optionable as clothing marketed for women are?

Talk about the latest trends, Your fashion disasters, other peoples fashion disasters
Sabrine Crystal

Why isn't menswear as rich, colorful, fashionable and optionable as clothing marketed for women are?

Postby Sabrine Crystal » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:35 am

I think it's somewhat sad and sexist that women have many more clothing and footwear options and items than men's clothing.And female clothing is more colorful and brighter with more details than menswear.Why?Why couldn't menswear be as colorful, shiny and have the same or even more options for men than female marketed clothing?(Although I think that anyone has the right to wear whatever they want).Is that because of patriarcal society that we still have?

emilycurious
Master Wizard

Re: Why isn't menswear as rich, colorful, fashionable and optionable as clothing marketed for women are?

Postby emilycurious » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:28 pm

Ahhh, it's not illegal for you to buy it...
“Cut the ending. Revise the script. The man of her dreams is a girl.” ― Julie Anne Peters

Jean-Louise
FF Royalty

Re: Why isn't menswear as rich, colorful, fashionable and optionable as clothing marketed for women are?

Postby Jean-Louise » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:46 pm

Sabrine Crystal wrote:I think it's somewhat sad and sexist that women have many more clothing and footwear options and items than men's clothing.And female clothing is more colorful and brighter with more details than menswear.Why?Why couldn't menswear be as colorful, shiny and have the same or even more options for men than female marketed clothing?(Although I think that anyone has the right to wear whatever they want).Is that because of patriarcal society that we still have?

Wear what you want. It has more to do with what you feel comfortable wearing than that of the so-called patriarcal society you refer to.

DavyJ
Chat Master

Postby DavyJ » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:03 am

Definitely wear what you want. If I can't find anything I like in the men's department I never hesitate to check out the women's.

light1313
Leader

Postby light1313 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:01 pm

This is what my husband always complains about. He says women's clothes and accesories are so much prettier and attractive and abundant in variety. Whenever he sees something he likes it always turns out to be for women; sometimes he buys them and uses them if its not going to be too obvious. Like his black bag is a woman's bag. Hıs leather jacket is a woman's jacket. I guess some things can be unisex. Shop assistants do tend to look at you in a funny way when as a man you ask to try on and buy something thats meant for women :lol:

valid
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby valid » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:24 am

Totally not gay, but I use a women's wallet london themed it just mermerized me the shape, size, material and compartments it's cool as hell and better than men's wallets wich can be cool but small, overly simplistic in terms of colour and they also bulk up.

suzzie76
High Priestess

Postby suzzie76 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:22 pm

Women are more colour/style/event/mood/appropriate driven than men.

Most men can survive quite happily with about 5 to 10 different outfits to fishing, camping, casual, semi-casual and formal. A TV Breakfast show presenter in Australia wore than same suit (apart from shirt and tie) for 1 year straight as a bet no-one would notice. Meanwhile if his female co-host wore the same outfit twice in a month there would a social media melt down.

A woman can go to the exactly same event and weather 10 times and dress 10 different ways just based on her mood in the morning.

My husband and I go to the beach, he grabs the first pair of board shorts on top (he has two). I'm wearing nothing more than a G-string and I'll go through the draw containing a dozen or so and sometimes not find one I want after 10min of looking :P He even tells me, "why is it so hard, no one will be looking at it with your boobs and arse on display"

Return to “Fashion”