Tattoo, not for me.

Talk about the latest trends, Your fashion disasters, other peoples fashion disasters
emilycurious
Master Wizard

Re: Tattoo, not for me.

Postby emilycurious » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:41 pm

Jean-Louise wrote:Many in the armed service get unit tattoos.

I think that's slightly different, shared experience, I think the tattooing is for remembrance (and possibly cathartic).
I think a softball team is a bit trivial unless they are Olympic champions.
Reminds me of this ad - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTrbkHJ0UgY
“Cut the ending. Revise the script. The man of her dreams is a girl.” ― Julie Anne Peters

Jean-Louise
FF Royalty

Postby Jean-Louise » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:06 pm

emilycurious wrote:

I think that's slightly different, shared experience, I think the tattooing is for remembrance (and possibly cathartic).

:lol:

Elysa
Master Wizard

Postby Elysa » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:57 am

Jean-Louise wrote:The girls on my softball team all want to get a tattoo with the name and team logo of our team.
I am not a fan of tattoos, so I have refused.
I want to be a team player, but I have drawn the line on body art.
It is not the needle, I just think that the body is beautiful and I do not want to litter my body with a tattoo.
I know that tattoos are pretty common today. Maybe that is one of the reasons I do not want one. I like to set the bar, not to just follow the crowd.
Any opinions to share about tattoos?

Good for you, JL. I agree with you. I used to like some of them, but now I think most look awful. Maybe the standards have declined, which I hear from many people. Truth is I regret mine. 20 years ago I felt the need to go through the experience and thought it would feel liberating. It actually was a good experience, I have no regrets about that. But now I lament when it catches my eye. At least it's in a clothing covered spot, and it's never stopped me from loving and sharing my gorgeous nakedness.

No really it's true, my nakedness is quite stunning and a lot fun too. :wink: :P

My 26 year-old cousin has her body covered. She's a gorgeous girl and, as you said, her body looks littered. God knows what she's got hidden. Not only that, but whoever the "artist" is/was, they need to take an art class.

Jean-Louise
FF Royalty

Postby Jean-Louise » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:42 pm

Elysa wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:The girls on my softball team all want to get a tattoo with the name and team logo of our team.
It is not the needle, I just think that the body is beautiful and I do not want to litter my body with a tattoo.
I know that tattoos are pretty common today. Maybe that is one of the reasons I do not want one. I like to set the bar, not to just follow the crowd.

Good for you, JL. I agree with you. I used to like some of them, but now I think most look awful. Maybe the standards have declined, which I hear from many people. Truth is I regret mine. 20 years ago I felt the need to go through the experience and thought it would feel liberating. It actually was a good experience, I have no regrets about that. But now I lament when it catches my eye. At least it's in a clothing covered spot, and it's never stopped me from loving and sharing my gorgeous nakedness.

No really it's true, my nakedness is quite stunning and a lot fun too. :wink: :P

My 26 year-old cousin has her body covered. She's a gorgeous girl and, as you said, her body looks littered. God knows what she's got hidden. Not only that, but whoever the "artist" is/was, they need to take an art class.

If I ever did get a tattoo, it would probably be one of the temporary ones, what eventually wears off or washes off.

kinghelfer
Seraphim

Postby kinghelfer » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:28 pm

An oldie but goody...... Image

:clap:

The Quantum Clock. Tells The Time And Doesn't Tell The Time At The Same Time.
Sigma male

Julie-Anne
Queen

Postby Julie-Anne » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:41 am

emilycurious wrote:

Exactly. You can't compare putting your lives on the line and in general spending a large part of life with people, as you do in the military, to softball something you do for fun once a week for a few weeks of the year.

Military brigade getting group tatoo = relatively normal

Sunday league softball team getting group tatoo = not normal

Jean-Louise
FF Royalty

Postby Jean-Louise » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:00 pm

Julie-Anne wrote:
emilycurious wrote:

Exactly. You can't compare putting your lives on the line and in general spending a large part of life with people, as you do in the military, to softball something you do for fun once a week for a few weeks of the year.

Military brigade getting group tatoo = relatively normal

Sunday league softball team getting group tatoo = not normal

Don’t get me wrong, I find no fault in anyone who wants to get a tattoo, for whatever the reason. And I do understand those who want to memorialize and commemorate a bond like that shared by brothers and sisters who serve in the military. All that being said, tattoos are just not for me. The body is a beautiful thing. The body should not be stained with slogans or symbols. But that is only my opinion, so those of y’all who love tattoos, please do not attack me here.

Elysa
Master Wizard

Postby Elysa » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:38 pm

Jean-Louise wrote:
Elysa wrote:

If I ever did get a tattoo, it would probably be one of the temporary ones, what eventually wears off or washes off.

I've never gotten a henna tattoo on my hands. I've always wanted to do that. They are very pretty. And most importantly, they're not permanent.

Jean-Louise
FF Royalty

Postby Jean-Louise » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:59 pm

Elysa wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Elysa wrote:

I've never gotten a henna tattoo on my hands. I've always wanted to do that. They are very pretty. And most importantly, they're not permanent.

My softball girl friends will be happy I am getting a team tattoo, but they do not know it will be a henna. I guess I am being a little deceitful?

Elysa
Master Wizard

Postby Elysa » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:05 am

Jean-Louise wrote:
Elysa wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Elysa wrote:

My softball girl friends will be happy I am getting a team tattoo, but they do not know it will be a henna. I guess I am being a little deceitful?

Not at all. Did they specify? That's a great idea in fact. By the time it wears off I'll bet they won't even remember.

Stick to your guns. It sucks having a tattoo on your body that you regret.

Jean-Louise
FF Royalty

Postby Jean-Louise » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:58 pm

Elysa wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Elysa wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Elysa wrote:

Not at all. Did they specify? That's a great idea in fact. By the time it wears off I'll bet they won't even remember.

Stick to your guns. It sucks having a tattoo on your body that you regret.

No specificity. I will not waiver.

Mamie Jennings
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Mamie Jennings » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:42 am

I used to design and draw some tattoo scripts...have to admit, the old school and new school are quite amazing different beautiful. Have some customers before and they love what I have design, but I think I don't have courage to do such thing... :wink:

alisonwonderland

Postby alisonwonderland » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:31 pm

I prefer jewellery which I can accessorise n remove, not into tattoos as much

Return to “Fashion”