Leggings and tights for men

Talk about the latest trends, Your fashion disasters, other peoples fashion disasters
Sabrine Crystal

Leggings and tights for men

Postby Sabrine Crystal » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:20 pm

What do you guys and women think of tights and skirts for guys?I think that's great, I have leggings in my wardrobe and I'd like to wear pantyhose too.

Masteight
Beginner! Talk to me!

Re: Leggings and tights for men

Postby Masteight » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:29 pm

Not cool, at least wear shorts over the top.

DavyJ
Chat Master

Postby DavyJ » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:41 am

No problem. And what you do or don't wear over the tights depends on many things, so no blanket generalizations are appropriate. I have several skirts, tights, and a dress or two that I wear. Fashion should not be gender specific; women wear pants all the time, so men should have the same choices. And, as an aside, if you are going to be outside for a long time in the winter wearing tights under your pants is a great way to keep warm. Maybe not too big a deal in the UK, but definitely on our side of "the pond".

emilycurious
Master Wizard

Postby emilycurious » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:44 pm

DavyJ wrote:no blanket generalizations...should have the same choices

People can choose to walk into oncoming traffic, just having a choice doesn't mean it's a good one.
“Cut the ending. Revise the script. The man of her dreams is a girl.” ― Julie Anne Peters

kilt/skirt/skort
Wet behind the ears

Postby kilt/skirt/skort » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:05 pm

Damn the Dress Code - as long as the garment is made in your SIZE and fits well - wear it !

Now if the Chinese would ONLY co-operate and make things in MY SIZE !
"No Sex Please were British"

DavyJ
Chat Master

Postby DavyJ » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:25 am

emilycurious wrote:
DavyJ wrote:no blanket generalizations...should have the same choices

People can choose to walk into oncoming traffic, just having a choice doesn't mean it's a good one.

I am not sure I follow this. Are you saying choosing to wear something different is not a good choice? Or that if someone else doesn't like it, then its a bad choice?

macky
Just warming up

Postby macky » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:08 am

Got to feel comfortable wearing what you want. Woman and some men try to look and feel good what they're wearing. If someone decides for whatever reason to mock them be it a subtle slight smirk :? or rolling eyes :roll: it can be very unnerving for that person wearing un-traditional clothing.

If you wear it often enough people get use to it or have to accept it in some form or manner. Usually if you're fit enough and have decent body people also can admire your body, shape and form. if you got it might as well flaunt it, if people like it great if not make sure you do making yourself happier.
Love it tanned and toned.

BeeScores
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby BeeScores » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:12 pm

I'm male and I'd never wear leggings or tights unless they were under trousers, for warmth perhaps.
Tights are for women.
As per high heels, except in Medieval times. (may be wrong my history isn't great)

Logjam
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Logjam » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:13 pm

I would definitely wear leggings or tights/pantyhose with something over the top part. I don’t think I’m ready for skirts as another forum advocates, but shorts would be just fine (IMHO). Something like photos 5 or 6 except just a bit longer. I think choice of shoes would be important with that look.

Now I just need to shed a bunch of pounds.

Logjam

Return to “Fashion”