Silliest thing you've tried to do wearing high heels?

Talk about the latest trends, Your fashion disasters, other peoples fashion disasters
Stilettoscrushed
Chatter

Re: Silliest thing you've tried to do wearing high heels?

Postby Stilettoscrushed » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:16 pm

stephaniewoi wrote:
Stilettoscrushed wrote:
louise_heels wrote:
Emmalee wrote:Glad to hear it. Honestly this is not the time of year for anything but leather shoes or boots. if you wear suede for example you'll just ruin them. Have been lucky myself recently too avoiding any big trouble but have had some slick moments with some places with work. especially coming in from the rain straight onto like a smoother floor. really is a sudden ice skating ring LOL really gets tricky in any shoes.

These were patent ones so they'll clean up OK. Dodging the puddles in the dark was very difficult and I misstepped a few times resulting in a wet foot and making the shoes very wet, hence needing to dry them off. Across the park I was struggling because the fallen leaves had got mushed onto the flagstones and with my 5" heels on the path was so slippery underfoot.

But the 5 inch heels look so sexy :D mashing the leaves

In Norway we have studded shoes for icy and slippery conditions. These have small very hard and sharp spikes that cut into what you happen to walk on. Normally these are ugly practical shoes, but it's possible to put these spikes into any rubber soled footwear with sufficient thickness. I had this done to an old pair of stiletto winter boots with a rubber platform sole up front. They work great and, I am sorry to say, to all you wet and slippery fans, help me avoid slipping. The spikes make an interesting sound on the concrete and have been known to make their mark in various situations.

Be such a sin, if you had them on walking into a store with wood flooring , or "accidently" left them on walking into someone's house

stephaniewoi
Wizard

Postby stephaniewoi » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:25 pm

Stilettoscrushed wrote:
stephaniewoi wrote:
Stilettoscrushed wrote:
louise_heels wrote:
Emmalee wrote:Glad to hear it. Honestly this is not the time of year for anything but leather shoes or boots. if you wear suede for example you'll just ruin them. Have been lucky myself recently too avoiding any big trouble but have had some slick moments with some places with work. especially coming in from the rain straight onto like a smoother floor. really is a sudden ice skating ring LOL really gets tricky in any shoes.

These were patent ones so they'll clean up OK. Dodging the puddles in the dark was very difficult and I misstepped a few times resulting in a wet foot and making the shoes very wet, hence needing to dry them off. Across the park I was struggling because the fallen leaves had got mushed onto the flagstones and with my 5" heels on the path was so slippery underfoot.

In Norway we have studded shoes for icy and slippery conditions. These have small very hard and sharp spikes that cut into what you happen to walk on. Normally these are ugly practical shoes, but it's possible to put these spikes into any rubber soled footwear with sufficient thickness. I had this done to an old pair of stiletto winter boots with a rubber platform sole up front. They work great and, I am sorry to say, to all you wet and slippery fans, help me avoid slipping. The spikes make an interesting sound on the concrete and have been known to make their mark in various situations.

Be such a sin, if you had them on walking into a store with wood flooring , or "accidently" left them on walking into someone's house

Done that plenty of times!

Stilettoscrushed
Chatter

Postby Stilettoscrushed » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:01 pm

stephaniewoi wrote:
Stilettoscrushed wrote:
stephaniewoi wrote:
Stilettoscrushed wrote:
louise_heels wrote:

The peoples homes you waked into must have been so happy with you :D

Emmalee
Just warming up

Postby Emmalee » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:41 pm

We've had a so much rain here we have had a little bit of flooding over some of the paths. so has been a bit of snaking off and on some paths to get by without walking through water. Definitely a time for boots to avoid getting wet feet. not that silly but still in heels which aren't good going on and off paths. lots of slippery and uneven surfaces which you do have to go slow on. wet grass is like black ice if you aren't careful especially when uneven or sloped. yikes.

stephaniewoi
Wizard

Postby stephaniewoi » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:22 am

Emmalee wrote:We've had a so much rain here we have had a little bit of flooding over some of the paths. so has been a bit of snaking off and on some paths to get by without walking through water. Definitely a time for boots to avoid getting wet feet. not that silly but still in heels which aren't good going on and off paths. lots of slippery and uneven surfaces which you do have to go slow on. wet grass is like black ice if you aren't careful especially when uneven or sloped. yikes.

Don't you dig your heels in on wet grass Emmalee? Its unavoidable. Like a knife through butter. Makes a mess of the heels though.

stephaniewoi
Wizard

Postby stephaniewoi » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:26 am

Stilettoscrushed wrote:
stephaniewoi wrote:
Stilettoscrushed wrote:
stephaniewoi wrote:
Stilettoscrushed wrote:

Well it wasn't exactly afternoon tea visits. More party type situations.

Makes it interesting when there are spikes under my forefoot as well as heel.

Stilettoscrushed
Chatter

Postby Stilettoscrushed » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:11 pm

stephaniewoi wrote:
Stilettoscrushed wrote:
stephaniewoi wrote:
Stilettoscrushed wrote:
stephaniewoi wrote:

Well it wasn't exactly afternoon tea visits. More party type situations.

Makes it interesting when there are spikes under my forefoot as well as heel.

The destruction with each step must be utterly amazing.

Emmalee
Just warming up

Postby Emmalee » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:19 pm

stephaniewoi wrote:
Emmalee wrote:We've had a so much rain here we have had a little bit of flooding over some of the paths. so has been a bit of snaking off and on some paths to get by without walking through water. Definitely a time for boots to avoid getting wet feet. not that silly but still in heels which aren't good going on and off paths. lots of slippery and uneven surfaces which you do have to go slow on. wet grass is like black ice if you aren't careful especially when uneven or sloped. yikes.

Don't you dig your heels in on wet grass Emmalee? Its unavoidable. Like a knife through butter. Makes a mess of the heels though.

Yea not the best situation for heels. though usually only slimmer heels but i tend to wear slimmer heels much more. Have a friend who says i wear them well so you know vanity LOL. but yea i've learnt to tackle wet grass but it isn't easy when your heels dig in and you slip. the goal is not to fall over which thankfully diddn't so there's that to report LOL.

High_Heels_&_Wedges

Postby High_Heels_&_Wedges » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:56 pm

The list goes on, and on, and on. Been wearing heels since like being 12 years old, and I'm about 30 now so my lists go on forever.
I think the silliest had to be I somehow was agreed into a *very* comfortable hike of the Appalachian Trail in some nice 6 inch stilettos. I didn't break anything, somehow. After about half an hour of hiking I just got used to the pain.

Jean-Louise
FF Royalty

Postby Jean-Louise » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:42 pm

Running.
I always love these TV shows where a female detective wearing heels is running after a suspect. Are these folks serious?

High_Heels_&_Wedges

Postby High_Heels_&_Wedges » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:37 pm

Jean-Louise wrote:Running.
I always love these TV shows where a female detective wearing heels is running after a suspect. Are these folks serious?

Yes, they must be (I'm a quite good runner in heels... course these are just like 4 inches, no way running in like 6 inches, I'd break my leg).

LaBella
Just warming up

Postby LaBella » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:37 pm

High_Heels_&_Wedges wrote:

Yes, they must be (I'm a quite good runner in heels... course these are just like 4 inches, no way running in like 6 inches, I'd break my leg).

There's actually been some high heel running competitions, just google it...
I have actually particiated in one of those races myself, so yes it's definitely possible to run in high heels but its not so easy if you want to run fast :)

Jean-Louise
FF Royalty

Postby Jean-Louise » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:12 pm

LaBella wrote:

I have actually particiated in one of those races myself, so yes it's definitely possible to run in high heels but its not so easy if you want to run fast :)

It’s a dangerous race

High_Heels_&_Wedges

Postby High_Heels_&_Wedges » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:53 pm

LaBella wrote:

I have seen some videos, it seems quite scary actually :?
It is very possible, I can't run very fast even without heels! (That doesn't say anything about me by the way), so I mean, I can run if I'm in a hurry (increases the chances of me not watching where I'm going though and increases the chances of me slipping and falling, most of my bad falls is when I wipe out taking a hard turn). Wow, how was the race? Got anywhere in the top 5? If you did then :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Nice. I'd get in a solid last place, expect if there was somebody actually slower than me. :lol:

LaBella
Just warming up

Postby LaBella » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:35 pm

LaBella wrote:

I have seen some videos, it seems quite scary actually :?
It is very possible, I can't run very fast even without heels! (That doesn't say anything about me by the way), so I mean, I can run if I'm in a hurry (increases the chances of me not watching where I'm going though and increases the chances of me slipping and falling, most of my bad falls is when I wipe out taking a hard turn). Wow, how was the race? Got anywhere in the top 5? If you did then :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Nice. I'd get in a solid last place, expect if there was somebody actually slower than me. :lol:

No, I didn't make the top five... :) Eight or ninth if I remember correctly, but it was just for fun. If I'd picked a different pair of heels I would have improved my finishing position a little bit but the women who finished up front were really fast.

Return to “Fashion”