Silliest thing you've tried to do wearing high heels?

Talk about the latest trends, Your fashion disasters, other peoples fashion disasters
louise_heels
Duchess

Silliest thing you've tried to do wearing high heels?

Postby louise_heels » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:27 pm

Have been having a rather fun chat with some other posters which was triggered off by reading this article so i thought i'd share it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2346107/The-worlds-stylish-surfers-Glamorous-Russian-women-waves-wearing-high-heels.html

Some Russian girls clearly had hesitation taking the the waves in their high heels :shock: I can't imagine doing that, i can't stay on a surfboard - period, but I have done more than a few silly things whilst wearing my skyscraper stilettos.

Among the litany of the silliest things i've tried to acomplish while wearing heels were completing a manual handling course at work and putting up the office Christmas decorations.

What about you? What's the silliest or craziest thing you've done (or tried to do ;-)) while wearing heels?

PriscillaMS
Chat Master

Re: Silliest thing you've tried to do wearing high heels?

Postby PriscillaMS » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:45 pm

While at work I caught my boot heels in stair steps made of metal grating. A near industrial accident LOL. I was in a hurry what can I say.

suzzie76
High Priestess

Postby suzzie76 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:58 pm

oh god the list is endless. Luckily I have a supporting HB

LaBella
Just warming up

Postby LaBella » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:26 am

Some years ago I went to a 3 day long music festival wearing a pair of knee high boots with 6" spiked heels. Forgot to bring an extra pair of comfortable shoes so I had to trip around in those killer heels for three long days! Looked so hot but you can't imagine the pain.

suzzie76
High Priestess

Postby suzzie76 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:32 am

I've done horse riding. HB did a surprise trip, told me to wear jeans but forget about shoes. They were ankle boots with 0.5 inch sole, 4 inch heel. Horse company said it was ok if I could ride, which I could. The stirrup feel into position easy but it was hard to put weight on to get up, I didn't help.

heidi2
Wet behind the ears

Postby heidi2 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:22 am

Going up a narrow and high medieval church steeple with high heels and -worse- pencil skirt.

Texasgal
High Priestess

Postby Texasgal » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:49 pm

LaBella wrote:Some years ago I went to a 3 day long music festival wearing a pair of knee high boots with 6" spiked heels. Forgot to bring an extra pair of comfortable shoes so I had to trip around in those killer heels for three long days! Looked so hot but you can't imagine the pain.

Yes I did something similar...I went straight from work to a irish music concert on St. Patty's Day wearing over the knee boots with 6" spiked heels...my feet were in pain but with some of those songs I just kinda forgot what shoes I had on :)

Love Amy

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:46 pm

LaBella wrote:Some years ago I went to a 3 day long music festival wearing a pair of knee high boots with 6" spiked heels. Forgot to bring an extra pair of comfortable shoes so I had to trip around in those killer heels for three long days! Looked so hot but you can't imagine the pain.

OMG sounds like you had a real trial there, your feet must have been in bits hun!

bandit40
Chatter

Postby bandit40 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:06 am

Just had the worst day, The boss had me work at a trade show again, I was wearing my work T-shirt, jeans and 5" stiletto heeled leather boots (all other trade shows have been inside, on concrete and seats) but not this one, it was outside on grass, no seats, started ok then by lunchtime it started to rain, walking on wet, muddy grass wearing 5"heels is not fun, had to do it for about 4 hours. result was 1 ruined pair of boots, glad to get home, very sore feet.

lesleyberry
Leader

Postby lesleyberry » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:12 pm

Wore heels to a works night out in the middle of December when it been heavy snowing and had turned to ice. I fell all over and ended up with a broken ankle. Shouldnt have wore the heels that night.

Starshine
Regent Empress

Postby Starshine » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:56 am

Walk!

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:21 am

lesleyberry wrote:Wore heels to a works night out in the middle of December when it been heavy snowing and had turned to ice. I fell all over and ended up with a broken ankle. Shouldnt have wore the heels that night.

i've done that too, but i did manage to avoid breaking my ankle, ouch!

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:37 am

bandit40 wrote:Just had the worst day, The boss had me work at a trade show again, I was wearing my work T-shirt, jeans and 5" stiletto heeled leather boots (all other trade shows have been inside, on concrete and seats) but not this one, it was outside on grass, no seats, started ok then by lunchtime it started to rain, walking on wet, muddy grass wearing 5"heels is not fun, had to do it for about 4 hours. result was 1 ruined pair of boots, glad to get home, very sore feet.

oh dear, sounds like a nightmare! What sort of trade show was it, what were you promoting? Wet grass and mud in such high heels must have been tiring and yukky.

lesleyberry
Leader

Postby lesleyberry » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:01 pm

Totally painful, rele should have wore flats that night. Was off work for about 4/5 weeks too.

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:39 am

lesleyberry wrote:Totally painful, rele should have wore flats that night. Was off work for about 4/5 weeks too.

oh jeez, nasty!

Return to “Fashion”