Pointy shoes: Love 'em or hate 'em?

Talk about the latest trends, Your fashion disasters, other peoples fashion disasters
cherryred
Leader

Pointy shoes: Love 'em or hate 'em?

Postby cherryred » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:03 am

Here's the deal. I used to think shoes with pointed toes looked stupid. However, I've been seeing more of them lately and I'm actually starting to like them. I recently bought a pair of black stilletto boots with a somewhat pointed toe. I liked them a lot in the store and immediately upon returning home from shopping, but now I keep going back and forth on whether I should wear them with certain outfits. I think it's just that I like them despite the fact that I never used to, so it still feels weird to think about owning a pair.

Anyway, all that description is way beside the point. What are your thoughts on pointy shoes? Good, bad, indifferent?

jinjin

Postby jinjin » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:44 am

With casual clothing, I prefer to wear round toe shoes.

With formal and really nice party clothes, I prefer to wear pointed toe shoes. It looks more elegant with pointed toe shoes than round toe shoes.

In addition, if I will be doing serious ballroom dancing during the evening, then I'll pack matching dance slippers in a shoe bag.

Sherwoodlondon
Magician

Postby Sherwoodlondon » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:16 pm

Pointed toe shoes are the best. :D
They look so elegant and sexy. :D
With stiletto heels they are even better. :D

OffDutyNurse
High Priestess

Postby OffDutyNurse » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:41 pm

Cherry, pointy-toe shoes have been the height of fashion in England for around 3 years now, and round-toe shoes are just coming back in...THANK THE LORD!

Pointy-toe shoes are the most painful things EVER! They trick you...because at first, you think they look so good with your outfits, and yes, they are very feminine and sexy, even, but after a multitude of blisters, blisters, and more blisters,...not to mention bunions...my feet now look worse than my mothers!!!

So I am all for the softer round toed shoe, and look forward to pampering my poor feet this winter with 70-deniers, knee-high socks under my trousers, and little kitten-heels!

I must be getting old!!! :lol: :P :animal:

Flipper_Mc
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Flipper_Mc » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:34 pm

pointy for me

geordiebloke
Chatter

Postby geordiebloke » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:22 am

OffDutyNurse wrote:Cherry, pointy-toe shoes have been the height of fashion in England for around 3 years now, and round-toe shoes are just coming back in...THANK THE LORD!

Pointy-toe shoes are the most painful things EVER! They trick you...because at first, you think they look so good with your outfits, and yes, they are very feminine and sexy, even, but after a multitude of blisters, blisters, and more blisters,...not to mention bunions...my feet now look worse than my mothers!!!

So I am all for the softer round toed shoe, and look forward to pampering my poor feet this winter with 70-deniers, knee-high socks under my trousers, and little kitten-heels!

I must be getting old!!! :lol: :P :animal:

mm best tights ever 70 -deniers,and i love pointy shoes they look so horny on women

littlePJ
Demigod

Postby littlePJ » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:43 pm

I love wearing pointed toe shoes with nice heels.. they look fab on legs.

they are great with skirts and trousers and amazing under a lovely pair of bootcut denims.

I love shoes, and cant stop buying them :wink:
Never live in the past but always do your best to learn from it pmsl

littlePJ
Demigod

Postby littlePJ » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:44 am

ricky-whh wrote:
PlainJaneSuperBrain wrote:I love wearing pointed toe shoes with nice heels.. they look fab on legs.

they are great with skirts and trousers and amazing under a lovely pair of bootcut denims.

I love shoes, and cant stop buying them :wink:

wow, then you better change your user name. you dont sound much like a plain jane to me.

lol - I love the username - and love being a little plainjane :wink:
Never live in the past but always do your best to learn from it pmsl

x_megan_x
High Priestess

Postby x_megan_x » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:38 am

I used to hate pointed boots when they first came into fashion here, now I love them, and have probobly spent about £600 on them in the last year. I'm starting a shoe collection :D

I also love the toeless shoes at the moment, they look sexy, and a bit cheeky too! x
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

lolly1982
Wizard

Postby lolly1982 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:50 am

i agree with off duty nurse, pointy shoes have had there day and the slightly rounded platform shoes are coming in which i adore! I will be wearing the pointys for bedroom antics but nope rounded all the way this winter

tiffanyboots
Wall Flower

Postby tiffanyboots » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:36 pm

I agree pointy-toe shoes can be very painful to wear especially if you see a perfect pair of shoes that you must have, and you have to squeeze your toes into them.

Then again, most of my boots are pointy-toe with stiletto heel as they are ultra sexy and the pointy-toe just looks more sexy than round-toed boots. I have to endure the pain sometimes but it is worth it!!

Tiffany
x

independant69
Just warming up

Postby independant69 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:13 pm

Pointy for me definitely... Rounded toes were supposed to be in last year but they seem to of disappeared....

I got small feet so pointy shoes makes them look longer and more elegant!!
Life is a song worth singing!

Emxxx
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Emxxx » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:29 pm

I like pointed shoes...but some of them can be just too pointed. Like elves shoes! At the moment I am liking round toe boots and courts.

Ex

emma d
Wet behind the ears

Postby emma d » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:59 pm

Love 'em. Great for kicking people too.javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
Laughing

shaq91

Postby shaq91 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:18 pm

yea ur rite great self defense lol. i love pointy shoes. Love em, i love shoes wit a High Heels in General though. Mostly Pointed toe Stillettos.

Return to “Fashion”