Silliest thing you've tried to do wearing high heels?

Talk about the latest trends, Your fashion disasters, other peoples fashion disasters
High_Heels_&_Wedges

Re: Silliest thing you've tried to do wearing high heels?

Postby High_Heels_&_Wedges » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:36 pm

LaBella wrote:
High_Heels_&_Wedges wrote:
LaBella wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:Running.
I always love these TV shows where a female detective wearing heels is running after a suspect. Are these folks serious?

Yes, they must be (I'm a quite good runner in heels... course these are just like 4 inches, no way running in like 6 inches, I'd break my leg).

There's actually been some high heel running competitions, just google it...
I have actually particiated in one of those races myself, so yes it's definitely possible to run in high heels but its not so easy if you want to run fast :)

I have seen some videos, it seems quite scary actually :?
It is very possible, I can't run very fast even without heels! (That doesn't say anything about me by the way), so I mean, I can run if I'm in a hurry (increases the chances of me not watching where I'm going though and increases the chances of me slipping and falling, most of my bad falls is when I wipe out taking a hard turn). Wow, how was the race? Got anywhere in the top 5? If you did then :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Nice. I'd get in a solid last place, expect if there was somebody actually slower than me. :lol:

No, I didn't make the top five... :) Eight or ninth if I remember correctly, but it was just for fun. If I'd picked a different pair of heels I would have improved my finishing position a little bit but the women who finished up front were really fast.

Ah, what heels were you wearing? I would probably wear my lowest heels (which is still 3 inches haha). Glad to hear you had fun!

LaBella
Just warming up

Postby LaBella » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:41 am

I wore a pair of five inch heels for that race. I think the rules said you had to have at least 4 inch heels so you would not have gotten away with those 3 inch heels :)

High_Heels_&_Wedges

Postby High_Heels_&_Wedges » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:13 pm

LaBella wrote:I wore a pair of five inch heels for that race. I think the rules said you had to have at least 4 inch heels so you would not have gotten away with those 3 inch heels :)

Oh darn. I wonder if wedges would have been better or not, haha. Was this outside? Sure hope it was on like a thing of grass or something (if it was muddy/wet grass I would have no gotten far, haha).

LaBella
Just warming up

Postby LaBella » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:56 am

LaBella wrote:I wore a pair of five inch heels for that race. I think the rules said you had to have at least 4 inch heels so you would not have gotten away with those 3 inch heels :)

Oh darn. I wonder if wedges would have been better or not, haha. Was this outside? Sure hope it was on like a thing of grass or something (if it was muddy/wet grass I would have no gotten far, haha).

Wedges would maybe have helped. Yes, It was outside on the streets in the city.

High_Heels_&_Wedges

Postby High_Heels_&_Wedges » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:40 pm

LaBella wrote:

Wedges would maybe have helped. Yes, It was outside on the streets in the city.

Oh, in the streets. That sounds may a bit hurtful on the heels, but ok. I would rather wanted a softer surface (this just gave me an idea (A really bad idea), of we should try doing a race in the sand like on a beach in heels...). Wedges are amazing anyways so <3 I love wedges, if you couldn't tell, haha.

Sarah.Rose

Postby Sarah.Rose » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:07 pm

I think a lot of us have done a fair few silly things wile wearing heels but one that i'm going to bet almost everyone's done is wearing very high heels or heels too high to a big party or music show with a lot of dancing at it. Its a real test of stamina if perhaps not the most sensible thing to try and do. :lol:

Heelgirl6
Just warming up

Postby Heelgirl6 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:49 am

Sarah.Rose wrote:I think a lot of us have done a fair few silly things wile wearing heels but one that i'm going to bet almost everyone's done is wearing very high heels or heels too high to a big party or music show with a lot of dancing at it. Its a real test of stamina if perhaps not the most sensible thing to try and do. :lol:

Hi yes know the feeling went out with friends the weekend were going to meet and a few drinks but ended up walking around the shops for over two hours in my new four inch heeled knee high boots, needless to say my feet were killing me, eventually got to a bar and sat down, had to take off my left boot had a sore toe from being pointed and new, ouch!

Sarah.Rose

Postby Sarah.Rose » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:03 pm

Heelgirl6 wrote:
Sarah.Rose wrote:I think a lot of us have done a fair few silly things wile wearing heels but one that i'm going to bet almost everyone's done is wearing very high heels or heels too high to a big party or music show with a lot of dancing at it. Its a real test of stamina if perhaps not the most sensible thing to try and do. :lol:

Hi yes know the feeling went out with friends the weekend were going to meet and a few drinks but ended up walking around the shops for over two hours in my new four inch heeled knee high boots, needless to say my feet were killing me, eventually got to a bar and sat down, had to take off my left boot had a sore toe from being pointed and new, ouch!

Oh yea i know what you mean. I wear boots a lot more especially in this cold right now. And it has to be said its not as easy to do what you do with shoes aka slip them off under the table for a sneaky rest. You kinda gotta just keep going. but i've been to a lot of shows so well used to it now.

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:05 pm

Sarah.Rose wrote:Oh yea i know what you mean. I wear boots a lot more especially in this cold right now. And it has to be said its not as easy to do what you do with shoes aka slip them off under the table for a sneaky rest. You kinda gotta just keep going. but i've been to a lot of shows so well used to it now.

what sort of work do you do Sarah Rose, are you on your feet a lot with heels on?
Louise x

High_Heels_&_Wedges

Postby High_Heels_&_Wedges » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:22 pm

I barely do anything sensible, and I have proof! Haha. :lol: :lol: :lol: I am a great dancer with heels (4 inches the limit though!), but sometimes it can be a bit hard. Don't know whenever a random slick floor spot is going to pop up. I can't tell the many times I have wiped out due to slipping on a spilled thing of water on a dance floor.

High_Heels_&_Wedges

Postby High_Heels_&_Wedges » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:27 pm

Sarah.Rose wrote:
Heelgirl6 wrote:

Oh yea i know what you mean. I wear boots a lot more especially in this cold right now. And it has to be said its not as easy to do what you do with shoes aka slip them off under the table for a sneaky rest. You kinda gotta just keep going. but i've been to a lot of shows so well used to it now.

I understand, back when I was younger (only 29, I'm not ancient yet), I would have been constantly slipping them off if I had the chance. Why I rarely wore heels with ankle straps back when I really started to wear heels more often. I have just grown to it, and since I wear heels all the time (and in every single thing of weather this earth has to give), I've just grown to it. Especially since I live more up north (lived through yet another snow storm where I got my car stuck, TWICE), I wear boots a lot as well. I love heeled boots though (and wedges as well, I love them so much), so I mean when it gets colder up here, ankle booties or boots make a perfect pair of heels!

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:04 pm

oh yes, dancing with heels can be a killer! lol
Louise x

High_Heels_&_Wedges

Postby High_Heels_&_Wedges » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:10 pm

louise_heels wrote:

oh yes, dancing with heels can be a killer! lol
Louise x

Not when you are a pro at it 8)
I can dance with any type of heel as high to 4 inches. How is that for skills?
8)

Return to “Fashion”