Messaging from beyond?

Do you have Weird Dreams and wonder what they mean? Discuss them here
emilycurious
Half blood

Messaging from beyond?

Postby emilycurious » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:39 pm

While I was dreaming last night (I don't recall the dream but I do know I was dreaming just as this happened) I suddenly hear my father shout my name. I woke up and sat up immediately.
I'm an atheist, I know that anything paranormal is just an illusion, a trick that the mind plays on itself when it's trying to rationalize an event, but nevertheless, I thought, is my Dad trying to warn me?
It's 4am - I get up, pull on a t, and grabbed my baseball bat and did a quick look around the house. Nada.
Of course rationality and common sense went out the window, as I also took a walk around outside, and checked the car. Fortunately, nothing.
I can see my mother doing this, but not my father who was pretty much an enigmatic absence in my childhood (he was there, he just didn't interact with us), and who I pretty much forgot about after I left home.
If only I could remember the dream, it might hold a clue.
“That’s your orgasm talking… You’re not really in love with me.” - Laurie Elizabeth Flynn

Jean-Louise
M'Lady

Re: Messaging from beyond?

Postby Jean-Louise » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:56 pm

emilycurious wrote:While I was dreaming last night (I don't recall the dream but I do know I was dreaming just as this happened) I suddenly hear my father shout my name. I woke up and sat up immediately.
I'm an atheist, I know that anything paranormal is just an illusion, a trick that the mind plays on itself when it's trying to rationalize an event, but nevertheless, I thought, is my Dad trying to warn me?
It's 4am - I get up, pull on a t, and grabbed my baseball bat and did a quick look around the house. Nada.
Of course rationality and common sense went out the window, as I also took a walk around outside, and checked the car. Fortunately, nothing.
I can see my mother doing this, but not my father who was pretty much an enigmatic absence in my childhood (he was there, he just didn't interact with us), and who I pretty much forgot about after I left home.

Though I do not dismiss most anything. I believe you probably were just dreaming.
Dreams can be strange. They can be powerful. I am come out of some dreams in an orgasmic state. Heavy breathing, a wonderful feeling all over and very wet below.
I find the transition from consciousness to dreamland intriguing
Where does consciousness morph into dreams?

emilycurious
Half blood

Postby emilycurious » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:10 pm

Sometimes I wake up, go pee, and then go straight back into the same dream.
I couldn't do that this time, I guess I was out and about too long to retain anything.
I do like dreams but the ones I have now are rather lame, the dreams I had as a kid where epic.
“That’s your orgasm talking… You’re not really in love with me.” - Laurie Elizabeth Flynn

Elysa
Mahatma

Postby Elysa » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:02 pm

emilycurious wrote:While I was dreaming last night (I don't recall the dream but I do know I was dreaming just as this happened) I suddenly hear my father shout my name. I woke up and sat up immediately.

I'm an atheist too. And I completely agree. The human mind is powerful. My dad was absent as well. I have re-ocuuring dreams about him all the time though. But weird dreams, like he's trying to send me a message from beyond his grave.

I was extremely close with my mother. She was an amazing strong woman, also an atheist. We used talk a lot about the chances of an afterlife and how we simply don't think there is.

A few times, I asked her to promise me. When she passed away, promise me that if we're wrong she would touch my feet in the middle of the night. (It's from a song we both like and listened to together). She promised. If her soul continued, she'd let me know. She's been gone since January 2016. No dreams about her, and my feet feel nothing.

I wish it would happen, more than anything. I wish so hard. The human mind has its reasons to dream, and the emotions alone are probably the very reason for it.

emilycurious
Half blood

Postby emilycurious » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:02 pm

Elysa wrote:...my feet feel nothing.

I have had a few "supernatural" experiences, all of them are just the brain trying to make sense of the immediate situation and "inventing" a rational explanation, but it doesn't detract from the wonder of that moment for me - I've seen ghosts walking through walls, and I keep catching glimpses of my old dog as she runs off through the bushes.
One of the on-going "denunciations" of atheists is that they can never have any spiritual experiences, which of course is complete BS, in fact I would say it's the opposite, constantly questioning and seeking gives me more wonderful knowledge, being open instead of closed minded gives me a constant stream of novel experiences.
Elysa, I'm sure one day, when you need it most, you'll toes will get tickled.

Elysa
Mahatma

Postby Elysa » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:31 am

emilycurious wrote:
Elysa wrote:...my feet feel nothing.

I have had a few "supernatural" experiences, all of them are just the brain trying to make sense of the immediate situation and "inventing" a rational explanation, but it doesn't detract from the wonder of that moment for me - I've seen ghosts walking through walls, and I keep catching glimpses of my old dog as she runs off through the bushes.
One of the on-going "denunciations" of atheists is that they can never have any spiritual experiences, which of course is complete BS, in fact I would say it's the opposite, constantly questioning and seeking gives me more wonderful knowledge, being open instead of closed minded gives me a constant stream of novel experiences.
Elysa, I'm sure one day, when you need it most, you'll toes will get tickled.

Thanks! Believe me. I hope for it everyday.

I definitely have spiritual experiences. Many different kinds, and I grateful for them. I agree, it's very wondrous and I let my emotions dive in. Just because I don't believe in a divine deity, doesn't mean I don't want to connect with other humans or myself on an instinctual or primal level.

Again, I agree with with you that questioning is healthy. After my mom passed away, I asked myself why I thought I was so sure of the absence of God. I wanted to be wrong. I still want to be wrong, but my analytical side takes over. In any case, it's always fun to talk about.

Return to “Your Dreams”