curser problem

Are you having technical problem, computer playing up, post your problems here and we will help solve them
fat*fanny
Beginner! Talk to me!

curser problem

Postby fat*fanny » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:00 pm

please help me ! on my sons computer his curser controlled by his mouse keeps darting around the screen and won`t go where he wants it to, it has a mind of its own and is very frustrating

cosmicB
Regent Empress

Postby cosmicB » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:26 am

My first guess is that the ball and laser is extremely dirty...
Remove the screws.. remove the ball, and wash it with dish soap, and rinse well.. and clean out all the dust in the mouse, especially off the laser...

Maybe someone spilled a drink on the mouse..? or dragged the mouse through a spill... That sugary mess dries like glue...

My second thought is that it might be a broken wire in the cord at the mouse... That's a bit tougher to repair... One must make a map of the wires to the device, and desolder the wires, and cut off three inches of wire, and resolder the wires to their places...

It's probably easier and cheaper to just buy a new mouse... You might consider a "ball Mouse".. they prevent sore wrists...

exoticgal
Devotee

Re: curser problem

Postby exoticgal » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:28 am

fat*fanny wrote:please help me ! on my sons computer his curser controlled by his mouse keeps darting around the screen and won`t go where he wants it to, it has a mind of its own and is very frustrating

This happened to me before. My cursor would just jump about by itself and open stuff randomly. Was a bit freaky when it happened.

As CosmicB said try cleaning the mouse and if that doesnt work replace it. I bought an optical mouse and the problem went away :)

fat*fanny
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby fat*fanny » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:37 am

thank you very much for your replies, the first thing he did was buy a new mouse and the problem continued but we`ll try the optical mouse thanks again

Sam_oz
Teacher

Postby Sam_oz » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:44 am

what surface are you using the mouse on? optical mice are especially sensitive to reflective surfaces, and confuses the mouse into thinking its moving at a high speed when it isnt... if youre using a mouse on glass, varnish, or anything ease with a sheen, buy yourself a mouse mat and use that...

fat*fanny
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby fat*fanny » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:09 pm

he is using a proper mouse mat and new mouse i seem to think its more to do with the computer itself but i have no idea what

exoticgal
Devotee

Postby exoticgal » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:03 pm

fat*fanny wrote:he is using a proper mouse mat and new mouse i seem to think its more to do with the computer itself but i have no idea what

If he bought a new mouse..then it's not a mouse problem. Mine was sorted out with a new mouse. Yours is being caused by something else. :?

fat*fanny
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby fat*fanny » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:28 am

yes i think it might be a virus :cry:

cosmicB
Regent Empress

Postby cosmicB » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:22 pm

Did you install the new mouse CD?..

Did you install the new mouse cord into the tower, AFTER shutting the computer off?

Is the new mouse cord's connector in the tower's labeled mouse socket?
Last edited by cosmicB on Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

exoticgal
Devotee

Postby exoticgal » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:23 pm

fat*fanny wrote:yes i think it might be a virus :cry:

in that case run a full scan of your computer.

and also do you have spybot or adaware?? Do you have these on your computer? They will pick up and remove any spyware which may also be causing the problem.

Robern
High Priestess

Postby Robern » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:29 pm

I've said this before, and I'll say it again :P

http://www.hitmanpro.nl

It has Ad-aware, Spybot, CWShredder, Spyware Doctor and couple more all-in-one. It really is a great software!

exoticgal
Devotee

Postby exoticgal » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:36 pm

CrazyChick wrote:I've said this before, and I'll say it again :P

http://www.hitmanpro.nl

It has Ad-aware, Spybot, CWShredder, Spyware Doctor and couple more all-in-one. It really is a great software!

Never seen that before Crazychick. Looks good. :)

Robern
High Priestess

Postby Robern » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:50 pm

It IS good! I've used it for over a year now, and it keeps getting better with each upgrade! Hitmanpro and Perfectdisk help keeping the PC running well!You should try it, you won't be disappointed! :)

boingo
Cherubim

Postby boingo » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:43 am

I also get those symptoms if I leave my mobile phone near my mouse. I've got a cordless one that opperates via radio waves and is prone to interruptions from that sort of stuff. It also goes haywire when a bit of dust or a hair gets in the way of the laser.
“What deep wounds ever healed without a scar?”
-Lord Byron

fat*fanny
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby fat*fanny » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:31 pm

i have`nt seen anything like this though you pull the curser down to the bottom and it shoots up to the top of the screen quick and fast you go left and it shoots to the right its probably a virus he`s doing a scan

Return to “Computer Problem Solver”