Miserable PC Speakers

Are you having technical problem, computer playing up, post your problems here and we will help solve them
H. Franklin Layne
Cherubim

Miserable PC Speakers

Postby H. Franklin Layne » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:26 am

I have had it with these c*** speakers. Only a few years old, and they have been crackling and popping the entire time. Altec Lansing, a decent brand, but something is off. I've cleaned the port, I've cleaned the speakers, I've had the sound card checked and re-checked, always comes down to the speakers. I have a hunch, they're going to meet with a violent end. :twisted:
Out for life, liberty, and the pursuit of cuntishness!

"...So I told the swamp donkey to sock it before I gave her a trunkey in her tradesmens entrance and made her suck me yard balls!"

Plucky_ Gold
Transcendent Poster

Re: Miserable PC Speakers

Postby Plucky_ Gold » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:25 pm

Happened to my speakers, no sound after the computer came back from the repair nshop. All I heard was zzzzzzzzzzzzzz sound. I updated my windows and it was okay after that. I tried to reload the sound card but failed as there's thousands of brands and I couldnt find a matching one ( my windows being Chinese and I couldnt understand which is actually the sound card number ).

jinjin

Postby jinjin » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:45 pm

If your Altec Lansing computer speakers are power speakers then the capacitors in its amplifier are probably shot. To keep cost down, most computer speakers are made using the cheapest electronic parts possible.

Very few people are using CRT monitors today. If you are not using a CRT monitor then you have no need to limit yourself to buying computer speakers.

Joyofsox
Cherubim

Postby Joyofsox » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:00 am

H. Franklin Layne wrote: I have a hunch, they're going to meet with a violent end.

You a PC tech guy? :lol:
A bit of an animal.

jinjin

Postby jinjin » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:25 pm

Joyofsox wrote:
H. Franklin Layne wrote: I have a hunch, they're going to meet with a violent end.

You a PC tech guy? :lol:

I think he is one.

Return to “Computer Problem Solver”