Google Chrome

Are you having technical problem, computer playing up, post your problems here and we will help solve them
danuku
Beginner! Talk to me!

Re: Google Chrome

Postby danuku » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:36 am

Chrome it's a good and fast browser but Mozilla it's gonna realease the new Firefox 4 soon. That it's gonna be a revolutionary browser ;)
The question is not who is gonna let me, the question is who is gonna stop me!

Chrisuk
Beginner! Talk to me!

Re:

Postby Chrisuk » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:43 am

Chrome has issues it can crash a lot, it is a good browser problem for me tho, is that if you want to use an independent proxy it goes to system you cant for example watch programs in other countries.
, for its a poor design , the tenderer good tho, qick load time etc, firefox still wins but that has different bugs, oh Google web browser doesn't handle video to well

monosodium wrote:Honestly - don't touch it with a bargepole. Not for a while at least.

It's built on (an old version of) the Apple Safari browser codebase, which contains a number of nasty cross platform security bugs. Safari is pretty well reknowned for being a swiss cheese of a browser. People slate IE for that, but it's safari that holds the crown by far.
Lonely Chappy in a lonely world

ljr1988
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby ljr1988 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:42 pm

I'm a big fan of Google Chrome! It's simple, fast and safe - Firefox can get a bit intensive on the processor and I've never really been a fan of IE either...

Admittedly there are more add ons for Firefox (practically none for IE).. but Chrome's adds on are going up!

candy70
Wet behind the ears

Postby candy70 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:36 pm

ljr1988 wrote:I'm a big fan of Google Chrome! It's simple, fast and safe - Firefox can get a bit intensive on the processor and I've never really been a fan of IE either...

Admittedly there are more add ons for Firefox (practically none for IE).. but Chrome's adds on are going up!

I'm trialing Chrome10 at the minute. Seems less intense on memory usage but doesn't work well with Blogger ironic as Google owns it!

Bipsjohn
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Bipsjohn » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:04 am

Well I have worked on both Google chrome and Firefox. Well I just love chrome it has so many application to make the work faster, easier and better.

The tool bar and various other features just forces me to stick to only and only chrome.

mrtickle999

Postby mrtickle999 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:19 pm

Chrome is good --- a fast and solid browser. Firefox is also good, and has lots of good extensions.
Chrome and Firefox are both a good choice IMO.

DanMc
Seraphim

Postby DanMc » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:34 pm

I tried to install Chrome, but it didn't work. It also disabled my ability to download updates. After a lot of work I found it had written an extra line to /etc/apt/sources.list. Linux users should be careful about trying to install Chrome, unless you really know what you are doing.

A nasty little deal has been struck between Google and Adobe such that support for Flash Player has been discontinued on Linux unless you use Chrome. Forget "don't be evil" Google is going the same way as Microsoft and trying to stitch the internet up. The final version of Flashplayer for Linux is 11.2 and guess what? It's broken. Some users find that videos are populated by Smurfs because everything is blue and in my case it didn't work at all. A coincidence obviously. :roll:

In the end I had to track down a copy of version 11.1 and install it manually so I can use Youtube etc again.
:evil:
For The Many Not The Few.

manoj9585
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

Postby manoj9585 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:10 pm

Google Chrome is used to . and it is very protected so use chrome and enjoy internet.

Lena
Goddess

Re:

Postby Lena » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:25 am

monosodium wrote:Honestly - don't touch it with a bargepole. Not for a while at least.

It's built on (an old version of) the Apple Safari browser codebase, which contains a number of nasty cross platform security bugs. Safari is pretty well reknowned for being a swiss cheese of a browser. People slate IE for that, but it's safari that holds the crown by far.

I loved this guy
Alive in spite of myself and looking at the world .........

PlasticAnnArbor
Evangelist

Postby PlasticAnnArbor » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:45 am

well i have not had any issues with chrome
running on a 64 bit OpenSUSE 12.2 Linux install

unless you count a KDE4 desktop launcher that is a bit of mangled code
had to rewrite a custom launcher for angry birds
Linux
http://www.tldp.org/

azraelle
Saintly

Postby azraelle » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:35 am

How safe can a browser be whose parent company built in a backdoor for the NSA?
In a time of universal deceit--telling the truth is a revolutionary act!
--George Orwell
We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the public believes is false.
--William Casey, to the CIA, 1981
Μολὼν λάβε!

PlasticAnnArbor
Evangelist

Postby PlasticAnnArbor » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:32 am

if you think Google is " on the take" from the "Three Letter Organizations "
you might as well commit "Seppuku" now and put your self out of our misery

next you will be saying BSD is not safe or that SELinux kernel is "backdoored"
Linux
http://www.tldp.org/

azraelle
Saintly

Postby azraelle » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:59 am

In a time of universal deceit--telling the truth is a revolutionary act!
--George Orwell
We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the public believes is false.
--William Casey, to the CIA, 1981
Μολὼν λάβε!

Fanolis
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Fanolis » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:33 pm

I used to like Chrome and Mozilla. But after starting using Mac, I switched to Safari. So far is good. :D I still use Chrome sometimes for some additional plugins, that aren't supported in Safari. But it's very rarely.

DanMc
Seraphim

Postby DanMc » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:56 pm

One problem I have had running Google Chrome on Linux Mint 13 64 bit is that sometimes it will crash in under a second of being launched. The only way around it is to reboot and try again. I suspect that Chrome and Mint are not a marriage made in heaven, for a long time it wasn't in the Mint repository.

Actually Google enhancements aside you can get most of the functionality of Chrome using Chromium, the Open Source browser it's based on.
For The Many Not The Few.

Return to “Computer Problem Solver”