Worried about miscarriage

Chat all things about your pregnancy
Henisha
Beginner! Talk to me!

Worried about miscarriage

Postby Henisha » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:01 am

Hi all!! I just found out I am pregnant!! I think I am in my fifth week. Anyway .. I have never been pregnant. I am just wondering if cramps are normal. They're not sharp pains, almost like a dull /mild menstrual cramp that makes me feel like I am full. I've had a headache for two days too. I just worry about miscarriage - not that I have any reason to be. Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks ladies!!

evanse
Wall Flower

Re: Worried about miscarriage

Postby evanse » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:03 pm

I am now 35 weeks and for the 1st two months a cramped all the time. I remembered a little cramping with my 1st and 2nd baby. This one alarmed me because I couldnt do anything, I thought it was an ecoptic pregancy. After 3 ultra sounds and 3 doctors they finally found the cause. It was a bladder infection. Never had one and it did'nt hurt when I went to pee. 10 days of antibiotics took care of the problem. you know your body. the 1st doc said I had no baby (empty sac) to wait for a miscarriage. I pushed to check me more and yes I am pregnant and doing great. If your not happy with your doctor you can change. It made a huge difference with me

jorjapas88
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby jorjapas88 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:59 am

hey
i think cramping is not an issue but i would suggest that you get more checkups just to be careful and to know that you and your baby are doing well.all the best.

evanse
Wall Flower

Postby evanse » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:58 pm

[quote="jorjapas88"]hey
Yes! it could be not the serious issues but still. If she feels anything bad she'd better to consult a doctor. Who knows what is that? I have already told about my case, of course each person is different but still. Hope she is doing ok right now! All the best to you and looking forward for your reply

Jane Smith
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Jane Smith » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:06 pm

Hello Henisha! Cramping typically occurs when the uterus expands. This causes the ligaments and muscles that support it to stretch. If it is minor then it is probably nothing to be worried about. Some other causes of normal cramping in pregnancy may include gas and bloating and constipation. If you experience minor cramping during pregnancy, there are a couple of things you can do for prevention. They are following:
1. Try to sit, lie down or change positions.
2. Take a warm bath.
3. Try doing relaxation exercises.
4. Place a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel on the ache.
5. Drink plenty of fluids.

chirpyaubrey
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby chirpyaubrey » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:38 am

mild cramping during the early pregnancy is totally normal and it is not because of miscarriage alone. It usually happens because of the widening of the uterus. Many women feel the cramps during their first trimester and most have delivered healthy babies. Unless there are spots of blood, there is no reason to worry about miscarriage. However, there are few other reasons that may cause you to cramp which can easily be treated. I suggest you have a talk about this with your OB and know how best you can find a relief. Be relaxed and exercise regularly. Most of all, stay happy!!

iffasseqag
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby iffasseqag » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:22 pm

Well, I think you should tell your problem to your doctor ASAP! Because I've heard many people facing and sharing cramping as the very big issue. So, people also refer it with miscarriages. I am not saying it usually happens.But, I just meant that I saw people complaining about it. So, that's why take it easy and see what your doctor suggest after listening all of it...

chirpyaubrey
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby chirpyaubrey » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:06 pm

Hi Henisha, it is common to get cramps during pregnancy. You can try out natural remedies like putting a hot water bag or using an electric heat bag on your abdomen if you experience more pain. However make sure that the temperature is not high or it will affect your baby. Don't worry about miscarriage because you wouldn't experience any symptoms if you are not pregnant. Worrying more and being stressed out might lead to a miscarriage so make sure you stay calm and relaxed. Go for regular checkups and talk to your doctor about all the problems and see what he/she has to say.

chirpyaubrey
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby chirpyaubrey » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:02 pm

Henisha wrote:Hi all!! I just found out I am pregnant!! I think I am in my fifth week. Anyway .. I have never been pregnant. I am just wondering if cramps are normal. They're not sharp pains, almost like a dull /mild menstrual cramp that makes me feel like I am full. I've had a headache for two days too. I just worry about miscarriage - not that I have any reason to be. Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks ladies!!

Don't worry, it's quite normal. You're going to feel cramps and a bit of spotting maybe throughout the gestation. I've had spotting in every 4-5 weeks: just a couple of drops on wiping and nothing more. Cramps were not there much except until 8th weeks time. I didn't have nausea and vomiting too when I was pregnant, Just don't think about the negative outcome and stress up - that's harmful to an early pregnancy. Just relax, stay happy and enjoy the feel of weaving a life within you. Sending love!

EmmaSun
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby EmmaSun » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:26 am

Hello, dear. Stop being so nervous. A lot of women get pregnant and give birth every day. Enjoy your pregnancy and stop worrying. Stress influences our body in a bad way. That's why try to think positively. It is very important in your condition. You are about to give birth to a healthy baby. This must be your main thought. Relax and take it easy. Do something to stop thinking of miscarriage. Go shopping or find a hobby. You will have no free time after the baby birth. Enjoy your free time now. By the way, try to spend more time with your husband.

chirpyaubrey
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby chirpyaubrey » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:33 pm

Henisha wrote:Hi all!! I just found out I am pregnant!! I think I am in my fifth week. Anyway .. I have never been pregnant. I am just wondering if cramps are normal. They're not sharp pains, almost like a dull /mild menstrual cramp that makes me feel like I am full. I've had a headache for two days too. I just worry about miscarriage - not that I have any reason to be. Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks ladies!!

Congratulations on getting the BFP! :) Yes, cramps are very normal during pregnancy. Not just 2ww or early pregnancy, one might have mild cramps even in an advanced gestational stage - I did have cramps every now and then when I had my baby 3 years back. Also, there's not much difference between the symptoms of AF and early pregnancy because both are progesterone mediated. Don't panic if you see little spotting - that's normal too. It does not pose any risk too your pregnancy as long as it's just a few drops. Wishing you love and luck for the wonderful 9 months ahead! :)

heiditom
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby heiditom » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:37 am

Hi, I am really very happy for you. It is the best feeling in the world. Being a mother I can understand. Don't think about miscarriage. These cramps are normal. Just take a good care of yourself. Think about holding your baby. Stay positive. Take a good diet. This will help you a lot. Keep updating. Wishing you best of luck!

Return to “Pregnancy Members”