Feminine names for a son

Discuss with other parents about any issues you have, or even just chat with others
Sabrine Crystal

Feminine names for a son

Postby Sabrine Crystal » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:36 pm

I told my psychologist some time ago that if I ever have a child I'd prefer a boy and I would choose one of these beautiful names:

-Sakura(A japanese flower name that also mean flower growth);
-Crystal(sounds masculine to me - Here in Brazil Crystal is a masculine substantive);
-Sabrine/Sabrina(The most beautiful name I ever heard);
-Yasmine(Very beautiful as well - it's a flower name too);
-Karen/Karine(sound gender neutral to me);
-Aida/Ada(seens unisex to me)
-Elize/Eliza;
-Samira;

What do you think?What could be the consequences of putting a name that seens obviously feminine to most people in a boy?Would it be an issue here in Brazil?What about in the United Kingdom, which I think it's a less sexist country than Brazil?

I also read in several articles and forums that nowadays many parents are giving traditionally masculine names to their girls, so why couldn't boys have traditionally female names as well?

Joyofsox
Cherubim

Re: Feminine names for a son

Postby Joyofsox » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:43 am

What's wrong with Sue?
A bit of an animal.

KBEES
High Priestess

Postby KBEES » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:40 am

I have just had a girl and my OH wanted Ellen Rose, which I didn't go for. Had we had a boy, I would not go for a famine name. At school their were two boys, one was Kim and the other was Leslie, both had the mickey taken.

James is a nice name for a boy, it isn't a manly name however, it can easily be changed to Jimmy. Jimmy is more laddish than James.
I have met someone I cannot live without rather than someone that I can live with.

Jean-Louise
Duchess

Postby Jean-Louise » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:52 pm

Sabrine Crystal wrote:I told my psychologist some time ago that if I ever have a child I'd prefer a boy and I would choose one of these beautiful names:

-Crystal(sounds masculine to me - Here in Brazil Crystal is a masculine substantive);
-Elize/Eliza;
-Samira;

What do you think?What could be the consequences of putting a name that seens obviously feminine to most people in a boy?Would it be an issue here in Brazil?What about in the United Kingdom, which I think it's a less sexist country than Brazil?

I also read in several articles and forums that nowadays many parents are giving traditionally masculine names to their girls, so why couldn't boys have traditionally female names as well?

Jean?

mostirreverent
Angel

Postby mostirreverent » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:07 am

social suicide, especially in latinamerican counties.

think 20 years from now, and a woman (or man) being with him and being aroused and loving his strong body, and calling him by his strong male name.
"I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty vices."
Mark Twain

"A place for everything, and everything all about the place."
Mosti

Me in the Flesh Redux

Sabrine Crystal

Postby Sabrine Crystal » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:48 pm

mostirreverent wrote:social suicide, especially in latinamerican counties.

think 20 years from now, and a woman (or man) being with him and being aroused and loving his strong body, and calling him by his strong male name.

Why it would be a social suicide for him to have such beautiful and rare names, no matter what name is?

mostirreverent
Angel

Postby mostirreverent » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:17 am

Sabrine Crystal wrote:
mostirreverent wrote:social suicide, especially in latinamerican counties.

Why it would be a social suicide for him to have such beautiful and rare names, no matter what name is?

kids are cruel, and unmerciful. he would be teased constantly.
"I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty vices."
Mark Twain

"A place for everything, and everything all about the place."
Mosti

Me in the Flesh Redux

queenj123
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby queenj123 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:23 am

He might be the target of bullying at school, I actually had a classmate before he is a good looking guy and his name is too feminine. It's Zia Nicole, my teacher actually thought he was kidding when he introduced his name.
An executive assistant at PetStreetMall, a place to find quality and affordable pet supplies.

Jean-Louise
Duchess

Postby Jean-Louise » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:39 pm

Cynthia. That would be a nice feminine name for a son.

Sabrine Crystal

Postby Sabrine Crystal » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:16 pm

What do you think of the name Isis or Eliza or Lusamine for a boy?

DavyJ
Chat Master

Postby DavyJ » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:04 am

Sabrine Crystal wrote:I told my psychologist some time ago that if I ever have a child I'd prefer a boy and I would choose one of these beautiful names:

As others have noted, he would definitely be bullied at school. Very unfortunate, but true. And maybe even more so in Brazil.

Sabrine Crystal wrote:I also read in several articles and forums that nowadays many parents are giving traditionally masculine names to their girls, so why couldn't boys have traditionally female names as well?

Very true, but we all know this is not the same thing. Society discriminates against men big time here, and other ways too. Ask yourself what many people's reaction would be to a women wearing pants vs a man wearing a dress? Or a woman vs a man wearing a thong swimsuit? Obviously reactions SHOULD be the same for all of these, but they are not. Doesn't make it right, so I would never criticize you for choosing a feminine name. But do be aware that your boy will carry a burden as a result.

happygirl
Transcendent Poster

Postby happygirl » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:14 pm

I have boys and I definitely wouldn't of named them any of those names...I really think you should seriously consider changing most of them :shock:
:bighug:

Mr.Married

Postby Mr.Married » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:50 pm

Don't worry mom...the kid will pay the price not you.
Good grief.
Just name him vagina ....

KBEES
High Priestess

Postby KBEES » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:40 pm

-Elize/Eliza;
-Samira;

Karen is a great name for a girl, not a boy, I really like the name Karen.
I have met someone I cannot live without rather than someone that I can live with.

Return to “Parenting”