Blocked fallopian tubes

Pregnant want to chat to other expectant mothers, this is the place

Moderator: Silent One

martinaf
Beginner! Talk to me!

Blocked fallopian tubes

Postby martinaf » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:14 pm

Hi everybody! I am Martina. I am new on this forum. I am also new in this situation. Infertility is something that I never ever think about. My doctor told me that I have blocked fallopian tubes. Believe me or not, no matter how long he was talking about it I didn't heard him a word. All I was thinking is that I am infertile. I was thinking that getting pregnant would be something easy for me. I never had any problems with my health. In my family there is no infertility case. What to do in this situation? How can I get out of this trouble?

michelleD
Beginner! Talk to me!

Re: Blocked fallopian tubes

Postby michelleD » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:21 pm

The fallopian tubes are two thin tubes, one on each side of the uterus, which help lead the mature egg from the ovaries to the uterus. When an obstruction prevents the egg from traveling down the tube, a woman has a blocked fallopian tube. This can occur on one or both sides and is the cause of infertility in 40 percent of infertile women. If one or both fallopian tubes are blocked, the egg cannot reach the uterus, and the sperm cannot reach the egg, preventing fertilization and pregnancy. Blocked fallopian tubes rarely cause symptoms. A some kind of blocked fallopian tube may cause lower abdominal pain and unusual vaginal discharge, but not every woman will have these symptoms. The causes of blocked fallopian tubes may be some sexually transmitted disease or history of uterine infection. If you have one open tube and are otherwise healthy, you might be able to get pregnant without too much help. Your doctor may give you fertility drugs to increase the chances of ovulating on the side with the open tube. This is not an option, however, if both tubes are blocked. What is the case with you?

martinaf
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby martinaf » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:27 pm

My one tube is blocked. I believe I am in better position because of that. I don't know much, I am going to the doctor in a few days to start with treatment. I hope that will help me. I see now more clearly and I understand now what is going on in my body. What if that medication will not do any good to me? I am nervous and I cannot wait to start with therapy. I know that this takes time but I want to see results as soon as possible.

adelaideJ
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby adelaideJ » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:32 pm

In some cases, laparoscopic surgery can open blocked tubes or remove scar tissue that is causing problems. Unfortunately, this treatment doesn't always work. The chance of success depends on how old you are (the younger, the better), how bad and where the blockage is, and the cause of blockage. If just a few adhesions are between the tubes and ovaries, then your chances of getting pregnant after surgery are good. If you have a blocked tube that is otherwise healthy, you have a 20 percent to 40 percent chance of getting pregnant after surgery. Also important to note is that your risk of ectopic pregnancy is higher after surgery to treat tubal blockage. Your doctor should closely monitor you if you do get pregnant and be available to help you decide what's best for you. Ivf treatment is also a choice for you. If these treatments will not help you you can try in special clinic with ivf treatment.

martinaf
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby martinaf » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:35 pm

I am scared just to think about surgery. I hope we will not go on that option. However, my wish to have a baby is so strong that I will take anything that will help me. You mentioned special clinic and ivf. I heard something about it but I never try to think closely about it.

adelaideJ
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby adelaideJ » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:43 pm

In vitro fertilisation is a process of fertilisation where an egg is combined with sperm outside the body. The process involves monitoring and stimulating a woman's ovulatory process, removing an egg or eggs from the woman's ovaries and letting sperm fertilise them in a liquid in a laboratory. The fertilised egg undergoes embryo culture for 2–6 days, and is then transferred to the same or another woman's uterus, with the intention of establishing a successful pregnancy. I have good experience and successful ivf treatment behind me. I was in BioTexCom clinic in Kiev. If you get in the situation when you must consider ivf, you can found out more about this clinic. You can send them an email and explain them your problem. Hope you will not need that, but if do, don't be afraid to try.

adelaideJ
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby adelaideJ » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:51 pm

Crying is sometimes good. Sometimes crying released a stress from our body. Still, try not to cry all the time. You will fell in depression and that is no good for your health. If you are not healthy you will have trouble to defeat this problem.

martinaf
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby martinaf » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:54 pm

I will try harder. I know I must be strong. I am very lucky and blessed with my husband, friends and family. It is good to have someone who is always with you and supports you. I will try to use this support for the best.

peyton250
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby peyton250 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:05 am

Hello ladies, I was heart broken after reading your post. I won’t be of much help as I have never been through this problem. However, Iam so proud of being a member of such an informative forum. The answers to your query have increased my knowledge in this regard. The detailed response shows that members here are concerned about each other and are here to support each other. I sincerely hope that all goes well on your side. You may soon get to hear good news.

chirpyaubrey
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby chirpyaubrey » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:23 pm

martinaf wrote:Hi everybody! I am Martina. I am new on this forum. I am also new in this situation. Infertility is something that I never ever think about. My doctor told me that I have blocked fallopian tubes. Believe me or not, no matter how long he was talking about it I didn't heard him a word. All I was thinking is that I am infertile. I was thinking that getting pregnant would be something easy for me. I never had any problems with my health. In my family there is no infertility case. What to do in this situation? How can I get out of this trouble?

Hello Martina, I'm so sorry to hear about your infertility! :( However, let me tell you that no infertility is permanent or comes without a solution (if not cure). With all the advanced clinical assistance available to help you get pregnant you can simply skip the fallopian tube's part in the whole conceiving process. For instance, an IVF could help if it's your blocked tubes that have been interrupting your pregnancy. In IVF the eggs are collected from ovaries directly and then a suitable embryo is transferred in the womb - so it bypasses the entire involvement of fallopian tube. You can further search for informational video on tubal infertility and it's alternative to get both hope and knowledge on it. I can suggest you one by Dr Elena Mozgovaya on tubal infertility related treatments. Wish you good luck in overcoming your infertility issue soon. :)

Return to “Pregnancy”