What do you think about the Basic Income?

Are the polititians doing a good job could you do better, debate your views with others
Meandmyself
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

What do you think about the Basic Income?

Postby Meandmyself » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:21 am

Have you heard about the basic income? It's a form of social security in which all citizens or residents of a country regularly receive an unconditional sum of money, either from a government or some other public institution, in addition to any income received from elsewhere. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_income Some countries have decided to trial it, like Canada and the Netherlands. I'm curious to learn how they went and what the implications for our society could be. I try to view the topic unbiased and would love to hear your opinion on it. :)

Jean-Louise
M'Lady

Re: What do you think about the Basic Income?

Postby Jean-Louise » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:43 pm

Meandmyself wrote:Have you heard about the basic income? It's a form of social security in which all citizens or residents of a country regularly receive an unconditional sum of money, either from a government or some other public institution, in addition to any income received from elsewhere. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_income Some countries have decided to trial it, like Canada and the Netherlands. I'm curious to learn how they went and what the implications for our society could be. I try to view the topic unbiased and would love to hear your opinion on it. :)

This would never work in the United States.
The rich in this country love that they are rich and others are not.
They believe they are entitled at the expense of everyone else.

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:17 pm

A medium for the parasites to live at the expense of the workers

DanMc
Seraphim

Postby DanMc » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:23 pm

The biggest parasites living at the expense of the workers are the super rich, the kind of people who run Sports Direct and Uber, who have creative ways of making sure their workforce don't even have basic rights or earn the minimum wage.
We don't have to be unequal, it doesn't have to be unfair, poverty isn't inevitable, things can and they will change

Return to “Politics”