Looking Into The Global Warming Act

Are the polititians doing a good job could you do better, debate your views with others
steel9

Looking Into The Global Warming Act

Postby steel9 » Thu May 12, 2011 7:42 pm

AB32 in california is set to go into effect in 2012. Our utility bills will increase as much as 30% (electric, gas, water, seward & trash). Thats going to add up big time esp when many of us are struggling just to survive & AB32 is total bullshit. Why the people in ca voted no on AB32 instead of yes to suspend it ill never understand. You were fooled by those moron politicians like benedict (womanizer) arnold & jerry brown the greedy clown. The CARB (ca air resourse board) is nothing but crazy people like mary nichols (i told her shes crazy in a email but she didnt reply back). I personally believe they should all be put on a plane (coach) & get LOST incl our mentally challenged govenor & foul & horrid legislature. Lets thrown in the puke public unions as well. I have others in mind as well like big oil ceos, OPEC, speculators, etc but we will need another plane to transport all these low life dirtbags whos only friend is their wallet.

lindseya
Beginner! Talk to me!

Re: Looking Into The Global Warming Act

Postby lindseya » Sat May 28, 2011 8:16 am

What else will global warming cause in the next few months? Jello has a point that things tend to get attributed to global warming after they happen. A few years back there was flooding in California and it was attributed to global warming and there were warnings that it was likely to get worse. Now there is a drought in California and it's attributed to global warming and it's likely to get worse. And I read that there is flooding and forest fires in different parts of Australia and they are both due to global warming...

koli
Evangelist

Postby koli » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:50 am

yes , i think it is getting warmer ,especially in the winter , maybe we will know the important effect of it later ! 8)

jinjin

Postby jinjin » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:51 pm

Where is global warming when people want it?

KiltyCol
Heroine

Postby KiltyCol » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:26 pm

jinjin wrote:Where is global warming when people want it?

Does CO2 cause warming, or does natural warming cause glaciers to melt and release dissolved CO2.
Years ago, the UK Government based car tax on CO2 emissions. This has the effect of encouraging people to shift from petrol to diesel cars, thus producing less CO2 but much more poisonous NO2 and particulates (PM10 & PM2.5).
If we kill everyone off with diesel fumes, what relevance is there in protecting the climate?

Edit - Typo "The is" corrected to "This".
Last edited by KiltyCol on Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music is the food of love.

Denny916
M'Lady

Postby Denny916 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:53 pm

KiltyCol wrote:Does CO2 cause warming, or does natural warming cause glaciers to melt and release dissolved CO2.

No CO2 doesn't cause warming. It is a hypothesis that has not been proven. Over the past 18 years CO2 levels in the atmosphere have risen but temperatures as reliably measured by the 2 satellite systems looking at the lower troposphere haven't.

Computer models used to try to prove the link between CO2 and 'global temperature' but none of these models have been validated as being reliable. Models outputs diverge from reality indicating that the models fail to model the climate system. Despite the claim that the 'science is settled' (something that never happens in true science) there is still much to learn. Papers keep emerging with the theme 'Oops, we didn't know that' quite regularly.
DANNY KENT - GP World Champion!!!!!!!!!! :dance:
Our first since the late great Barry Sheene in 1977. It's been a long wait.

DanMc
Seraphim

Postby DanMc » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:20 pm

Denny916 wrote:No CO2 doesn't cause warming. It is a hypothesis that has not been proven.

Steady on, there is no doubt that CO2 strongly absorbs Infrared radiation and therefore heat at around 4.3 microns, or 2340 wavenumbers

We don't have to be unequal, it doesn't have to be unfair, poverty isn't inevitable, things can and they will change

Denny916
M'Lady

Postby Denny916 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:13 pm

DanMc wrote:
Denny916 wrote:No CO2 doesn't cause warming. It is a hypothesis that has not been proven.

Steady on, there is no doubt that CO2 strongly absorbs Infrared radiation and therefore heat at around 4.3 microns, or 2340 wavenumbers

So what? Nobody disagrees with that. If you are trying to claim that those 4 parts in every million parts are responsible for causing the planet to warm explain why with increasing CO2 in the atmosphere there has been no increase in temperature?
That's actually using Hadcrut4 not the reliable RSS or UAH satellite records and it stills shows a cooling for over a decade.
DANNY KENT - GP World Champion!!!!!!!!!! :dance:
Our first since the late great Barry Sheene in 1977. It's been a long wait.

KiltyCol
Heroine

Postby KiltyCol » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:09 pm

koli wrote:yes , i think it is getting warmer ,especially in the winter , maybe we will know the important effect of it later ! 8)

As a local phenomenon, possibly caused by the jet stream position, our last year's summer bedding plants (e.g. begonias) are still flowering a bit. They would normally have died in October or so. Our winter pansies are doing well and next spring's daffodil leaves are already poking through.

KiltyCol
Heroine

Re: Looking Into The Global Lighting

Postby KiltyCol » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:58 pm

KiltyCol wrote:
koli wrote:yes , i think it is getting warmer ,especially in the winter , maybe we will know the important effect of it later ! 8)

As a local phenomenon, possibly caused by the jet stream position, our last year's summer bedding plants (e.g. begonias) are still flowering a bit. They would normally have died in October or so. Our winter pansies are doing well and next spring's daffodil leaves are already poking through.

I've planted next winter's garden lights. 12volt L.E.D. instead of tungsten. I have a mix of post lights for general lighting of the borders round the lawn and spot lights aimed at specific shrubs and plants. - Looks great after dark!

Return to “Politics”