Will Gordon Brown still be leader next year?

Are the polititians doing a good job could you do better, debate your views with others
mikeviewline
Wet behind the ears

Will Gordon Brown still be leader next year?

Postby mikeviewline » Fri May 08, 2009 12:25 am

Now you have to be sort of sorry for Gordon. For years he wanted the leader's job. Then when he at last got it he cocked it up big time. However we are now 13 months at most from a general election, Gordon is even more unpopular and ridiculed than John Major was. So maybe the Labour party has just about enough time to ditch him and give themselves a bit of a chance. Will they? What do you all think? (Those of you that care, that is).
Getting old isn't so bad when you consider the alternative

DanMc
Seraphim

Re: Will Gordon Brown still be leader next year?

Postby DanMc » Mon May 18, 2009 7:17 pm

I think what's in Brown's favour right now is that a crushing defeat at the next general election is very likely. What person with serious political ambitions would launch a leadership campaign now only to be the one who leads Labour to a hammering at the polls?
We don't have to be unequal, it doesn't have to be unfair, poverty isn't inevitable, things can and they will change

billy69
Advocate

Postby billy69 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:47 am

It's about time the slack jawed, one eyed, lardy arsed moronic git Brown was found out - it's been painfully obvious for years to anyone with half a brain that this [email protected] is on a different planet to the rest of us.

Couldn't be happening to a nicer chap.

So long Gordie - your days are numbered - only one consolation - any rhinos out there needing skin grafts will have a plentiful supply when you're gone - never seen a thicker skin in my life.

It's a pity there isn't enough money in his pockets to pay back the damage he has done to the UK & its people

billy69
Advocate

Postby billy69 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:50 am

Look up Farage vs Brown on youtube - likewise Daniel Hannan vs Brown - they tell it like it really is - & all he can do is grin like a Cheshire cat. Brown is in serious need of a psychiatrist - that stupid grin seems to be his answer to all problems

billy69
Advocate

Postby billy69 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:55 am

Come on Loonie Lefties - let's be 'aving you - trying to defend the undefendable / indefensible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pathetic watching his cronies squirm on tv in the chat shows blathering away about how good Gordie is / has been (hattersley / paxman?). They all want locking away if they think these responses can be taken as sensible replies by the public - seemingly they think 'we' believe any old crap.

Watch for the returns from the voters folks ! - & then all sod off & go and live in a never never commie land - just don't involve the rest of the sane world.

DanMc
Seraphim

Postby DanMc » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:15 pm

If I thought Brown was remotely left-wing I might try to defend him, but one of the main disappointments is that he has continued Blair's destruction of The Labour Party in favour of New Labour policies, which are Tory. The abolition of the 10% tax rate leaving only the poorest worse off and the proposed privatisation of the Post Office are prime example of the fact that he is a Thatcherite who like Blair has betrayed his own supporters.
We don't have to be unequal, it doesn't have to be unfair, poverty isn't inevitable, things can and they will change

billy69
Advocate

Postby billy69 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:16 pm

tory my arse & nothing remotely like Maggie - oh how i wish he was ! Brown is even more incompetent than Major - & that IS an achievement

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:47 pm

Hopefully liberals all the way

billy69
Advocate

Postby billy69 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:15 pm

ukip if u have any sense - only ones who can see through the europe issue for what it is & prepared to get us outta there

Pot Yummy
Wet behind the ears

Postby Pot Yummy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:41 pm

mikeviewline wrote:Now you have to be sort of sorry for Gordon. For years he wanted the leader's job. Then when he at last got it he cocked it up big time. However we are now 13 months at most from a general election, Gordon is even more unpopular and ridiculed than John Major was. So maybe the Labour party has just about enough time to ditch him and give themselves a bit of a chance. Will they? What do you all think? (Those of you that care, that is).

I think the way politics works is just unfair. I think that there should have been a general election right after Tony Blair stood down.

Personally, I used to not really like Gordon but now he seems to be growing on me but thats not because I think he is a good Prime Minister, its because I feel he is a generally nice person.

swee
Angel

Postby swee » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:08 am

It's irrelevant. Placing relevance on who leads the country is like debating over the authenticity of a pound coin in the street and not noticing the juggernaut hurtling along, about to decapitate you as you get all crosseyed at the money in your hand.
"'It's time to bring in a NEW WORLD ORDER" - Gordon Brown
We've now officially heard it from Rockefeller, Kissinger, Pope Ratzinger, Obama, Putin... naaaah, the NWO doesn't exist...
http://www.potentmusic.co.uk

ems1981

Postby ems1981 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:14 am

To be honest, this government is in such an advanced state of decay that I'm not even sure they will see out the year, even given their biggish majority. I think it would only take one or two more major scandals/ cock-ups and the whole lot might come falling down.

Emma

DanMc
Seraphim

Postby DanMc » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:23 pm

They will limp on until pretty much the end in my opinion. They deserve to loose the next election because they have betrayed those who voted for change and Labour Party members who donated money and worked so hard to get them elected (yes I was a member). Blair and Brown et al will go down in history as the people who squandered the biggest majorities Labour ever had to perpetuate the Thatcher right-wing revolution. Shame on them, they are traitors.

What have we got to look forward to at the next election though? Getting rid of New Labour Tories and electing the original Tory party. Some democracy that is.

jemmabaker
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby jemmabaker » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:07 am

It's too late for a change - it would make them look desparate. Watching Gordon listing his achivements made me gag yesterday. He should have read out a list of all the good men who have died in Afghanistan in a war that is doing nothing to help them or us.

mourning jew
Chatter

Postby mourning jew » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:05 am

No so called democracy can justify having an unelected leader.He should not be there to lose anyway..

Return to “Politics”