Fetish of cranking my car.

chat about all issues involving cars, servicing, help, and tips

Moderator: Silent One

ruser
Beginner! Talk to me!

Re: Fetish of cranking my car.

Postby ruser » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:30 am

Hi emma90, it is very cute to me reading about those things..I discovered this kind of excitement (a girl in trouble with a cold start) when I was a child..I don't know the reason..I would be interested to talk about these experience if you want, maybe by email..let me know! bye :wink:

Jinx_04
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Jinx_04 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:08 am

Hi emma90,

I know exactly what your talking about. I also first thought nobody would understand me but seeing on the internet more and more people have this special feeling with older cars. I drive a peugeot 205 myself with manual choke. And even in this cold winter times i enjoy not using the choke and letting the engine run a little rough when cold.

What country you from UK? I am from belgium and looking forward to sharing experiences and talking about this.

Greeting and happy holidays

youngpedal
Wall Flower

Postby youngpedal » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:13 am

HI EMMA9O,
Im 23, I've been reading your postings about yuor daily struggles with your little mazda and i just adore them. i dont know where this side to me came from but i love it. it excites me. I was hoping that if i could chat to you, would be amazing to be able to swap some stories with you some time. Hope to chat soon.
M. x :)

emma90

Postby emma90 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:10 am

Hi everyone!
It is very exiting for me to write and read these things. I am little bit shy girl so this is first time when i tell this for anyone. Today it seems i have some "real" problems with my lmazda. I usually know how to start he without no playing but morning it seems to be very hard to start. I have to pu crank him many times before he starts. I get little bit angry for my car because i have little bit hurry. And when i get him going in first junction he stalls.. Poor me:) I have to crank 3 long times end then i get him start again. I get also bit nervous but still exited because i trust my mazda that somehow it allways start.. I think choke working differently everyday. Anaway i get to school after all this. Evening i will take a spin to motorway and drive my car warm. I think he like will like that. Emma

ruser
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby ruser » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:17 pm

Hi emma,
Nice to hear about this! Hope you will continue to tell your stories..do you have troubles also in other seasons with your car?
When did you start to enjoy yourself while cranking? Before you start driving?
hope to hear more from you!! bye! :)

youngpedal
Wall Flower

Postby youngpedal » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:34 pm

Hi Emma
Again great to read your stories. I got a lift home from a work friend one night. She was driving a 96 clio. Anyway she stalled it at the traffic lights on a nearby hill, took her about 5 mins to get it started again but she had a look of excitement that i had seen a new side to her, she dropped me off and as she went to pull away from my house and stalled it again. I think it was the nervous smile that gave it away. i think she has the same thing for a spluttering car. hope to hear from you soon
M X X

emma90

Postby emma90 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:33 pm

Hi!
Terrible weather here right now. Everyday only raining. Very wet but my mazda is working now quite fine:) But i just like to play with him sometime. Yesterday i take a spinn to small forest road and pull choke on. Warm engine starts spluttering and stalls quite soon.. I crank him and engine start but run rough. I got turned on myself.. Then i put the choke off and try to start him. It take long crank before he start. Uuuh.. I felt so good. I hope someone understand me. I just cant do nothing to this thing. Emma

mattfoster30
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby mattfoster30 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:22 pm

hi emma, ive been a fan of pedal pumping/cranking for years and ive talked to many people about it and ive enjoyed really enjoyed reading your experiences id love to discuss this topic more with you.

Matt

youngpedal
Wall Flower

Postby youngpedal » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:03 pm

hi Emma,
I understand excatly what you mean. the feeling that you get from the first stall and the vibrations and shaking of the engine from cranking, wondering if it will start is a feeling like no other. your stories are great and if you ever want to shrare more i would be delighted to share, p.s making the car stall on purpose :D
best wishes
M x x

youngpedal
Wall Flower

Postby youngpedal » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:52 pm

Hi Emma
thankyou for the message. it will not let me reply to you on here so if you send me another with an email address i would be happy to share my daily stories with you. hope to chat soon M x x

ruser
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby ruser » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi Emma, hi youngpedal, why dont't we share our mail addresses? I can't send private message, I don't know why..

mattfoster30
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby mattfoster30 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:12 pm

ruser,youngpedal, the reason you cant send private messages is because you need to reach 70 posts before they become available i know it sucks but its the way this forum is run.

Matt
Last edited by mattfoster30 on Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ruser
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby ruser » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:15 pm

Hi Matt,
thank you for the clarification..I didn't know about this law

youngpedal
Wall Flower

Postby youngpedal » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:46 pm

thank you Matt. m

chokelovers
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby chokelovers » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi Emma, Jinx, Youngpedal !
You all can read a lot of my stories in the topic "Car Cranking" in this Forum Motoring.
I have an old Citroen 2CV and an also old Fiat 500. These are hard to start... :lol:

@ Emma,
It is nice to hear that you are enjoying cranking more and more. You will learn to know your car engine better and have better feeling!
You can try this in the morning: no choke - gas pedal fully down and try to start a few times, after that try to start while pumping... it will slowly start spluttering. I like it a lot. Don't be embarassed about your English, where are you from?

@ Jinx, are you male or female?

@ Youngpedal, I love the Corsa cranking sound when cold - please tell us about it.

Hope to hear from you soon! Nathalie

Return to “Motoring”