Cranking Cars

chat about all issues involving cars, servicing, help, and tips

Moderator: Silent One

SoniaStrummFan
Beginner! Talk to me!

Re: Cranking Cars

Postby SoniaStrummFan » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 am

Hi Lynn:). I'm happy to see that people besides me have an appreciation for clunkers:). I'll admit, I don't have a car of my own, but if I did, I'd want it to be a clunker:). I just like them more than the newer, sportier cars, you know:)?
Anyway, have you run out of gas before in your clunker:)? That is, I don't mean to say anything bad about your car or anything. I like older cars:).

Also, if me being a guy doesn't bother you or anything, would you care to chat sometime :oops:? I'll admit, we have a few likings in common when it comes to pedal pumping, and it would be nice to chat with someone who shares the interest:).
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality

oaxacasam
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby oaxacasam » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:17 pm

Ever since I was 3-4 years old I have been excited to frenzy by the sound of cranking cars, especially the older ones. I thought I was the only one in the world until I discovered this sight and that there are lots of delicious videos on the subject, and stories. My first experience was with my mother, when she tried to start a '40s Buick one day in the garage. Ever since then I have been mesmerized by that sound so rhythymic and hypnotic, rasping yet liquid. The sound somehow touches a place very deep inside of me.

robbieboy8

Postby robbieboy8 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:22 pm

hey , hope all of you are well . just wondering if any of the regulars on here have herd from sarahjane , i aint herd from her in ages .
let me know if any of you have .

cheers Robert

lynnlane4
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby lynnlane4 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:29 pm

What I find exciting is going back and readying what Margaret, Ruth, Lisa, Nathlie and so many others have written in this thread about their experiences in playing with the choke in their cars. Fantastic and very exciting.

franfran
Angel

Postby franfran » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:06 pm

lynnlane4 wrote:Fantastic and very exciting.

Rather stupid and childish actually.....
Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

lynnlane4
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby lynnlane4 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:46 am

"she who protest to much" must be one who loves to play

ErinK1380
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby ErinK1380 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:24 am

I had no idea this was a popular thing! My whole life I just thought I was weird. My car starts right away but it shakes a lot when im stopped. Growing up my moms car shook alot, stalled after a while and took a long time to start sometimes. I used to think I was sick for wanting to be sitting in it to feel it shaking with her, let alone watching her feet and legs shaking when she was trying to get it started on the days it wouldn't.

denisehornsby
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

Postby denisehornsby » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:24 am

Hi,
Not been on here for a while but can relate to the previous post. Yesterday evening I went out to meet friends for a Christmas do in my SL55. We were going for a meal and then clubbing. It gave me an opportunity to wear a sexy little black dress (despite being the wrong side of 40!!) and some matching very high stiletto heels with a small peep toe. I felt really good. I turned the ignition key and my car miss-fired failing to catch- very unusual. I tried again, the car was reluctant to start, so I pushed the gas pedal more and then hard down to the floor as I held the key over cranking. This worked and the engine roared and made me feel a bit turned on. It was as though I was dominating my car with my sexy high heel making it start!! At the end of my road I turn into a much larger fast road and I couldn't resist flooring the pedal again. This had a similar affect , regards Denise,
PS I had a good evening!!

ErinK1380
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby ErinK1380 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:47 am

I can't wait to have time to read this entire post. I think it was Margaret who had the shaky Volvo with shaking shifter, I want a ride in that! :D

robbieboy8

Postby robbieboy8 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:38 pm

hi there ,

Hope all of you are well and having fun in the snow . also just wondering if anyone has herd from or been in
contact with sarahjane cos not herd from her in ages.

Robert

mazzoni

Postby mazzoni » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:31 am

Hi Oaxacasam

I was amazed reading your post !
Personnaly I knew exactly the same process (but with a little Fiat 500)

I was excited seeing and hearing my mother when I was child with ritual morning: cold morning, dark garage, fuel smell, the car who doesn't wake up easily , my mother trying to relax ("you hear ; the car is a bit sick today " ), view on the hand and the pumping feet (little child, I seatened on back seat), endly driving with stalling engine

Beside this, my father had an injection easy car (like today) : women had often the bad play in these time .... but at opposite it was a social recognize in the 60's and 70's for her.

After I knew the same feelings with friend's mother, girlfriends and endly my wife until she endly bought unfortunately eay modern car 15 years ago !

And like you I thought to be alone in the world with this fetish (I am 53 years old) until I discovered pedalpumping and cranking site and discussion 2 years ago.

Now I have no more complex about this but I remember all the day my memories about cranking, like a drug.

It would be nice if you tell us more details on cold morning with your mother ? How often she could start ? Was she nervous ? Did she warm up the car ? Did she stall during cold driving ?

best regard

yann
With my first old car: the engine was so long to warm up, the gaz tank was so little and the property of my parents was so large that I never reached the exit portal ...

franfran
Angel

Postby franfran » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:00 pm

mazzoni wrote:It would be nice if you tell us more details on cold morning with your mother ? How often she could start ? Was she nervous ?

:shock:
Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

robbieboy8

Postby robbieboy8 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:07 pm

chokelover wrote:Hi Margaret, Hi Robby,
I hope it's not my fault that all the girls left here...?
As promised part 3 of the Renault 5 story :
The next morning I decided to try to start it normally, to see if it was really so hard to start as she told me... I got in the car, put the key in the contact and pulled out the choke. First try I turned the key for 10 seconds, the engine was only turning over, I loved that cranking sound... So I tried again, and again...and again...After 4 or 5 tries, the engine began to turn over faster from time to time and sometimes it began firing and spluttering a bit... I tried again and held to key for a very long time...as it began spluttering, I pumped the pedal from time to time because I wanted to start it for real !
It was really hard to start !!! It was trying to start and the engine was spluttering a lot. I pushed the choke in to half and tried again...and again... it started for a few seconds and died again. Next try I pumped the pedal again while cranking and it started...the engine was idling rough ! I had to keep it going by pumping the pedal. As i tried to pull away...it stalled 3 times, shaking widly...wow I love this car ! I had to start it again with choke fully out to get away. I had to admit she was right...it's hard to start !
I was looking forward to start it again from cold in the evening... Nathalie

Hi Nathalie

You never finished the story hope you can remember it if you get this message .

StrummFan217
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby StrummFan217 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:09 am

chokelover wrote:Hi 2cv man !
Yes, I did flatten the battery on my 2cv a few times already because I like the cranking sound when the battery is getting weak ! It is a real turn on for me :lol:
I tried once the hand crank, but without succes, I think it was flooded completely !
Nathalie

Hi Nathalie. :) Could you PM me sometime? I'm loving your stories, and would love to chat with you sometime if you have time. :)
Kevin, aka "StrummFan217" :)

"When old hatred's rift is mended,
Thus the kraken's power is ended.
(Written by Liz Kessler)

ilr1971
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby ilr1971 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:05 pm

denisehornsby wrote:Hi,
Not been on here for a while but can relate to the previous post. Yesterday evening I went out to meet friends for a Christmas do in my SL55. We were going for a meal and then clubbing. It gave me an opportunity to wear a sexy little black dress (despite being the wrong side of 40!!) and some matching very high stiletto heels with a small peep toe. I felt really good. I turned the ignition key and my car miss-fired failing to catch- very unusual. I tried again, the car was reluctant to start, so I pushed the gas pedal more and then hard down to the floor as I held the key over cranking. This worked and the engine roared and made me feel a bit turned on. It was as though I was dominating my car with my sexy high heel making it start!! At the end of my road I turn into a much larger fast road and I couldn't resist flooring the pedal again. This had a similar affect , regards Denise,
PS I had a good evening!!

I'd have loved to have been in the passenger seat with you :P

Return to “Motoring”