Please be sure to pay all parking tickets

chat about all issues involving cars, servicing, help, and tips

Moderator: Silent One

Please be sure to pay all parking tickets

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:58 pm

Please be sure to pay all parking tickets in a timely manner.
I was driving home from a business dinner a few weeks ago, when I was stopped for a minor traffic violation (speeding)
When the officer ran my drivers license, 3 outstanding arrest warrants showed up for failure to pay parking tickets. I had been notified by the court by letter about the unpaid tickets earlier, but had just forgot to send the check. The officer gave me a citation for speeding but informed me that he had to take me to Police Headquarters where I could post bond for the unpaid parking tickets. By now another patrol had arrived at the scene with a female officer. The original officer said the female officer would be handling my transport. The female officer asked me to step out of my vehicle. She informed me that it was procedure that she search me and place in handcuffs since I would be in her custody. There were several people by this time watching since this stop was taking so long and it was in a busy area. I had to place my hands on the hood of the patrol car and stand with my legs apart while in a dress and heels. I then had my hands handcuffed tightly behind my back and placed in a patrol car while my car was searched and inventoried for towing.
The officer was really as nice as she could be under the circumstances, she assured me that I would probably not be kept in jail after booking for such a minor offense and even apologized for having to arrest and handcuff me.
At the Police Headquarters I was held in a small cell by myself until it was my turn to be processed, The made me remove my shoes and jewelry and searched me again before placing me in the cell. I was in the cell for over 3 hours before I was fingerprinted, and pictures were taken. I then had to call my sister to come and post $250.00 bond to be released. I will never take any ticket lightly again, so please to avoid the embarassment of being arrested, handcuffed and placed in jail, DO NOT OVERLOOK PARKING TICKETS.

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:43 am

i also was arrested for an unpaid traffic ticket, it slipped my mind. i was at work and the police showed up with a warrant, i was dressed in business attire, (white bouse, blazer, skirt and heels.) i was allowed to call my husband bfefore we left the office to meet me at the jail to post my bond. i was searched and handcuffed in front of my co workers and walked to the parking lot to the police car. it was really uncomfortable in back of the police car with the handcuffs behind my back and the cage between the front and rear compartments took a lot of room. the officers were really nice to me also ans said they had no choice about the handcuffs, but they gave me advice on how to sit so the cuffs didn't hurt as bad and tried to calm me down and comfort me somewhat.
when we arrived at the police station my husband was already there to bail me out, the booking desk was really backed up and the officer said since i was so coperative i could visit with my husband for a few minutes , but then i would need to be placed in a jail cell until i could be booked. it was really humilating to have my husband see me in handcuffs and led to the cell after our short visit. (i asked if they could remove the handcuffs to visit with my husband but that was not allowed) i was then taken to a very cold cell to wait for the booking process, i too had to remove my shoes, the cement floor was very cold and dirty.i was in the cell about 2 hours before i was booked and was able to be bailed out by my husband. so if i ever get another ticket i will pay it right away.

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:20 pm

I was stopped on a Sat night a few years ago, some unpaid tickets showed up during the lic. check. I was informed that I needed to go to the Station to clear up the situation. I was also searched on the street in front of a crowd of people, then a police van arrived, i was handcuffed with my hands in front and a chain and lock was attached around my waist to prevent me from moving my arms. I also had my legs shackled. I thought this was excessive since I was very cooperative. When I arrived at the Jail, I was informed that since the fine was not paid and the court records indicated they had sent several notices, I could not post bail but would remain in Jail untill my court appearance on Monday. I was booked into jail and remained locked in my cell untill my court appearance on Monday. I Also learned the hard way to be sure to pay all tickets and fines.

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:23 am

. wrote:I was stopped on a Sat night a few years ago, some unpaid tickets showed up during the lic. check. I was informed that I needed to go to the Station to clear up the situation. I was also searched on the street in front of a crowd of people, then a police van arrived, i was handcuffed with my hands in front and a chain and lock was attached around my waist to prevent me from moving my arms. I also had my legs shackled. I thought this was excessive since I was very cooperative. When I arrived at the Jail, I was informed that since the fine was not paid and the court records indicated they had sent several notices, I could not post bail but would remain in Jail untill my court appearance on Monday. I was booked into jail and remained locked in my cell untill my court appearance on Monday. I Also learned the hard way to be sure to pay all tickets and fines.

It may seem excessive to put a person in handcuffs, waist chains and leg shackles for a minor traffic violation, but it is mandatory in most districts. This is not done in front of crowds or co workers just to humiliate or embarass the person being arrested, it is to protect the officer and yourself, you never know how a person will react when they are arrested.
Handcuffing a prisoner with their hands in front with a waist chain is more comfortable for the prisoner during transport than handcuffing them behind their back. When your hands are cuffed behind your back the cuffs often bruise the wrist from the prisoner leaning on the cuffs, the waist chain keeps the prisoner from moving their arms when the cuffs are used in front (most police dept. make waist chains mandatory when a prisoner is handcuffed in front) Leg shackles are used to keep the prisoner from running, a lot of departments make their use mandatory also. All prisoner taken into custody will be searched to prevent contraband from entering the jail. (some searches more invasive then others) And finally the officer has no choice but arrest you if you have a warrant and if it is a no bail warrant and you get arrested on a weekend you will be held until Monday. So it is smart to take all tickets serious and if you are no able to pay the ticket by the deadline or court appearance date, contact the clerk of courts they might make payment arrangements or extend the deadline.

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:00 am

Handcuffs are not designed with comfort in mind, Jail should not be pleasant.

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:30 am

. wrote:Handcuffs are not designed with comfort in mind, Jail should not be pleasant.

In the early 80's I spent 10 days in jail for traffic violation, the officer did not cuff me in court in front of my family, he waited until we were out of the court room, he was required to handcuff me but they were not that tight. The booking process was the most humiliating part, but the officers were very professional. I wore a dress and heels to court, but was given a jumpsuit about 2 sizes to big to wear in jail. The jail only had 3 cells for females, so the weekend was crowed with 3 women per cell, but after the wekend there was only 2 of us left. the guard left our cell doors unlocked and we could stay in the common area and watch tv and play cards, although it was not pleasant it was not as bad as it could ave been,

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:15 am

i was arrested for dui, i was sentenced to 10 days in jail. i was immediately handcuffed in the courtroom and taken to jail, being booked and searched is quite humiliating. jail is much worse then you imagine or see on tv.
anyone else been arrested for a traffic offense?

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:09 pm

When I first graduated from school about 25 yrs ago, i was driving home from a visit from my parents home along the Interstate when my car broke down, it was a nice evening so I decided to walk to the next exit which was about 3 miles to a service station to call my Dad for help.(cell phones were not popular yet)
I had only walked about a 1/2 mile when a Sheriff car stopped me to see if I needed help, I explained the situation and at that point the Officer was very nice. He then offered me a ride to the nearest phone so I could make my call for help with the car. I thought he was being very nice and accepted, at that point he asked to see my driver lic. to verify my idenity, he called them in and everything was fine. He then asked if I had any weapons on me he needed to know about, my answer was no. He then said he would need to do a quick to verify thay for his safety. He had me place my hands on the hood and did a quick search, and then to my surprise he said it ws his procedure to handcuff everyone that was transported in his car. So at that point I was handcuffed and placed in the back of the Patrol car. I was really shocked since I was not under arrest. He then drove me to the next exit so I could use the phone at a mini mart gas station.
When we arrive he pulled up to the door and let me out and removed the handcuffs, it was so humiliating due to all of the customers entering and leaving the mini mart.
Susan

seancarnival212
Beginner! Talk to me!

Re: Please be sure to pay all parking tickets

Postby seancarnival212 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:56 am

When you were arrested in the business outfit were you also wearing tights aka stockings or pantyhose?

ChristinaIsHere
Leader

Re: Please be sure to pay all parking tickets

Postby ChristinaIsHere » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:39 am

Yikes! Reminds me I have toll fee's over due .. crap

Return to “Motoring”