If your car wont start do you out of frustration floor the gas pedal hard

chat about all issues involving cars, servicing, help, and tips

Moderator: Silent One

denisehornsby
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

If your car wont start do you out of frustration floor the gas pedal hard

Postby denisehornsby » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:26 am

Hi,
We have all been in the situation when our car won't start !!Do you out of frustration pump the gas pedal or floor it hard to start your car. I must admit I have floored it hard rather than pump and it seems to work on the very rare occasions my SL 55 is reluctant to start. How about you?
KR,
Denise XX
Last edited by denisehornsby on Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anderson
Getting in the Groove

Re: If your car wont start do you out of frustration floor the gas pedal hard

Postby anderson » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:47 pm

Hi Denise how are you. I have been in that situation a few times where I have had to pump the gas to get my car started. It is incredibly frustrating sometimes especially when your car starts 99% of the time but picks the worst times to act up. What car do you drive Denise

KR

Anderson

denisehornsby

Postby denisehornsby » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi a Mercedes SL55, it often stands for quite a while (a week at most) but always starts. On the odd occasion if it is slightly reluctant a bit of persuasion is sometimes required, regards, Denise

anderson
Getting in the Groove

Postby anderson » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:54 pm

Hi Denise Thanks for the reply. That car is very good looking I have a Ford Fiesta St at the moment it always starts but it did need persuading last feb when it was left for three weeks while I was in Norway. Has your SL55 ever properly let you down Kind regards Anderson

denisehornsby

Postby denisehornsby » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:41 am

Hi, touchwood no. Sometimes it stands for a wek or so but always starts, very occasionally a bit of help is required. I did run out of petrol once when my other half went out in the car and did not tell me when the reserve light was on. I thought I had 30 or so miles in the tank when in fact it was less than 10. I konked out at the end of a friends road after I had dropped her off after going out for a meal. Had to call out the AA. Very embarrassing!!!
Denise

anderson
Getting in the Groove

Postby anderson » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:47 pm

Hi Denise that sounds so embarrassing what happened hope you were ok. The most embarrassing thing for me was when I hit a large pothole on a unlighted road at 50mph coming into Bristol knocked out the alternator which caused me to have a flat battery in the city centre

KR

Anderson

denisehornsby

Postby denisehornsby » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:43 am

Hi,
It was no big deal, AA only took about 20 min to arrive, everyone has run out of petrol!!just felt a bit silly,thats all.
KR Denise.

anderson
Getting in the Groove

Postby anderson » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:57 am

Hi Denise Hope you had a great weekend. At least the AA were quick to get to you. How many tries was it before you gave up and rang for help hope it was not cold that night. Would you mind if I dropped you a PM

KR
Anderson

denisehornsby

Postby denisehornsby » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:10 pm

Hi,
It was a while ago in the summer, Two I think!!, the first with my foot on the brake pedal. As the engine died as I was turning around and reversing at the time and the second in park so I could press the gas pedal. Had to totter!! back to my friend and waited there for AA,
Denise.

louise_heels
M'Lady

Postby louise_heels » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:14 pm

denisehornsby wrote:Hi,
It was a while ago in the summer, Two I think!!, the first with my foot on the brake pedal. As the engine died as I was turning around and reversing at the time and the second in park so I could press the gas pedal. Had to totter!! back to my friend and waited there for AA,
Denise.

Oh gosh, sounds a bit embarrassing Denise :oops: but I guess we've all done it. I hope it wasn't too long a walk if you were dressed up for a meal out! :shock:
Louise x

anderson
Getting in the Groove

Postby anderson » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi Denise how have you been hope you had a good weekend. Have you ever had cars other than your SL55 that needed encouragement to start

KR

Anderson

denisehornsby

Postby denisehornsby » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:31 pm

Hi,
the SL only needs encouragement very occasionally (if its cold and been sat for a week or more) I had a little white Corsa some while ago, this could be troublesome sometimes. My son ended up with it. He didn't look after it very well and when he was on early shift sometimes my hubby or me would have to take him to work as he couldn't start it on occasion. We'd lie in bed saying "its your turn!" to each other!!
regards,
Denise

anderson
Getting in the Groove

Postby anderson » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:08 pm

Hi Denise how have you been. How has your SL55 been with the cold snap recently have you had any snow where you are

Kind Regards

Anderson

denisehornsby

Postby denisehornsby » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:22 pm

Hi Anderson,
very mild here, no snow yet but we rarely get much in the south of England. Car is fine, always starts O.K.(especially with a touch of right foot!) Getting ready to go out in the SL more though for the party season, an excuse to meet friends and to glam up with LBD's and very high heels!!,
regards,
Denise.

anderson
Getting in the Groove

Postby anderson » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:15 pm

Hi Denise How are you. I agree the party season is a perfect time to get dressed up and have a fun time with friends. How high are these very high heels I think your SL55 with be very cooperative. Can I send you a PM now you have reached 75 posts

Anderson

Return to “Motoring”