what car do you drive

chat about all issues involving cars, servicing, help, and tips

Moderator: Silent One

mostirreverent
Angel

Re: what car do you drive

Postby mostirreverent » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:12 am

bmelissa545 wrote:I drive a Mercedes ML 500. I love it because the steering is tight and feels sporty - not like the Cadillac I used to drive that felt like driving a boat.

but you buy a used mac...

Saab convertible. I like how it handles, much better than the volvo C70 I test drove.
hough I prefer the power of my daughters better turbo, in her Saab that I'm also driving while she is away.

The main reason I bought it is I've always loved all the buttons in saabs. I had a 9-5 before this

"I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty vices."
Mark Twain

"A place for everything, and everything all about the place."
Mosti

Me in the Flesh Redux

denisehornsby
Wall Flower

Postby denisehornsby » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:39 pm

Nice car, I have always liked Saabs especially convertables. A friend of mine had one-unusual place for the ignition key though!! must be a reason?
I have a convertable too, an SL55 which I really enjoy. I like to have three things down: my hair, the top (if its sunny) and my right foot especially in sexy high heels,
KR Denise

mostirreverent
Angel

Postby mostirreverent » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:37 am

denisehornsby wrote:Nice car, I have always liked Saabs especially convertables. A friend of mine had one-unusual place for the ignition key though!! must be a reason?
I have a convertable too, an SL55 which I really enjoy. I like to have three things down: my hair, the top (if its sunny) and my right foot especially in sexy high heels,
KR Denise

I've heard it said if was so you didn't hit it in a crash. the first ones were quite quirky, and were 2 stroke engines, so my guess is it was due to shorter wiring or something to do with manufacturing. I like it there, but it could have been another cup holder too.

I hate when it rains, especially if I have to take a long trip. I generally leave the top down all year, though in recent years, 30F is my limit in the winter.

"I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty vices."
Mark Twain

"A place for everything, and everything all about the place."
Mosti

Me in the Flesh Redux

Return to “Motoring”