True Blood - Final Season

Whats happening on your favourite soap? Discuss it here
scifichick1
Advocate

True Blood - Final Season

Postby scifichick1 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:37 pm

So Episode One of True Blood's Seventh and Final Season aired last night in the US on HBO and will air on July 7 on FOX in the UK. Anyone have any opinions or feeling about this?

Have you got a favourite character?
Favourite Season?
Anyone read the books?
What' your Favourite book?
What character where you sad to see go?
Where you unhappy with any of the casting?
Did that actor win you over?
What do you want to happen in this season?
Who do you what Sookie to end up with?

Six memorable True Blood scenes
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/tv/six-mem ... 90635.html
If I could, believe me I would!

scifichick1
Advocate

Re: True Blood - Final Season

Postby scifichick1 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:58 pm

- Eric, he started out as a character you loved to hate and then became a character you just loved. One of my favourite things that happened in the whole 'True Blood' universe is when Eric looses his memories and becomes all sweet and innocent and lives with Sookie for a while!

Favourite Season?
- Season four with the Witches and Eric's memory loss.

Anyone read the books?
- I have read the books, I don't know if I've read them all I have like 10 books but I don't know if that is all of them I haven't kept up to date with the books.

- I think book 2? There is a book where a bunch of vampires stay in a hotel and it gets set on fire or something or they get attacked and Sookie runs in to Eric's room to try and wake him up and he picks her up and like surfs down the hotel on Pams coffin to safety. What ever that book is in is my favourite one.

- Godric you really just didn't except him to be Eric's maker and his death scene is just so sad. I would of said Tara but she didn't really die, she just became a Vampire.

- Anna Paquin, I have no problem with her apart from that gap between her teeth every time I see it, it enrages me I don't know why it just does.

- I still get annoyed when I see it so, no?

- I think the whole infected vampires killing everyone in a cool plot move, I've heard that a 'main' character dies in the first episode so I'm looking forward to watching that but I don't really have anything that I want to happen apart from Eric not being dead which I feel he won't be well not right now at least, he might be at the end.

- I don't really have an answer to that, Alcide is obviously better for her that anyone else considering he can give her a 'normal' life, as in they'll grow old together and can have kids. Where Bill he was a first love and I think that's always going to be special but I don't think that a relationship for them is in the cards. As for Eric, Sookie makes him a better person and I loved there relationship in the books but I don't know if she will choose him.

Breaking Bad
Wet behind the ears

Postby Breaking Bad » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:33 pm

Eric! For much of the same reasons. He's such a conflicted character and it's interesting to see that play out on-screen, especially with such fantastic casting. Alexander Skarsgard is perfect for the role and I can't see anybody else in it. I also love Arlene for comedic value.

Favourite Season?
It's a toss-up between three and four. They both really impressed me, whereas a lot of fans turned off from four onwards. I loved the witch aspect of things. Harry Potter's evil aunt in another wicked role, what's not to love?

Anyone read the books?
I tried. I hate the writing so I stopped.

None of them!

What character were you sad to see go?
Christopher Meloni's simply because I love Christopher Meloni. He played 500 year old Roman and looked good in red.

I think the casting has been spot-on, but that may be because I haven't read the books.

--

I need a proper close to the series. None of this bullshit where we're left wondering what happened to who. Good strong scenes. Eric to be alive and well. Fantastic acting. Most of all I want writing like that in seasons 1-4.

I think it's healthier for everybody if Sookie ends up alone.

Marvel_Fan

Postby Marvel_Fan » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:05 pm

- Jason. He it just so stereotypically southern which I love! He has been through a lot and even though I wasn't a fan of one of the season skipping ahead a year while Sookie was in Fairyland I like how much Jason grew in that year and how he changed his act and became a cop.

Favourite Season?
- One. The first season (well actually the first few seasons) stick really close to the books, which I loved and I like how Sookie's and Bill's relationship blossomed in season one.

Anyone read the books?
- Yes, I read the first few books after watching the first few episodes of the show. I rather enjoyed them, but I didn't continue the series because I started reading other things.

- Book Two. I really enjoyed the Fellowship Of The Sun story line.

- Adele! I cried when Sookie finds her in the kitchen, and I don't know why but there is a scene after the funeral when Sookie is eating a pie her Gran made and for me its just so upsetting!

- No, not at all I was a bit concerned about all the accents at first but they are great, I'm supper happy with the casting especially Alexander Skarsgard ;)

- x

- I agree with Breaking Bad I don't want it to be left open I want it to have an actual ending.

- Bill, I want them to be able to forgive one another and get back together. Their relationship in Season One was so sweet.

scifichick1
Advocate

Postby scifichick1 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:26 pm

So I watched Episode One last night and it picks up right where last season ended, at the Vampire / Human mixer that Mayor Sam (I know I didn't see that coming at the end of last season either!) encouraged the towns people to attend.

Marvel_Fan

Postby Marvel_Fan » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:37 pm

I feel like the first episode was just a tease stuff did happen and it did start off with a bit of a bang but I feel like the show has moved backwards a little and touched on an issue that had already been resolved.

I have high hopes :)

Breaking Bad
Wet behind the ears

Postby Breaking Bad » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:47 pm

I still need to watch but the recaps and reviews that have come out so far are starting to put me off the idea completely :hand:

Breaking Bad
Wet behind the ears

Postby Breaking Bad » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:49 pm

OK, I'm not quite sure why the first episode was so hated?

SPOILER

- Tara's death was a little rushed and pushed aside but it's plainly obvious this isn't the last we're going to see of her. Ghostly Tara will be getting her haunt on before too long I imagine.

I was nodding along as the entire church was judging Sookie but I did feel a bit sad for her. Still, she stood up for herself and it was good to see. Also good to see Lafayette finding some character development after becoming such a loved character and being left doing nothing much since Jesus left.

Loved the Pam scenes! She makes the show for me at the moment. Bill can leave.

scifichick1
Advocate

Postby scifichick1 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:19 pm

Episode Two -

Episode 2 was good it explores what has happened since the outbreak and now and you get to see and start to understand just how bad it has gotten out there. I do love that they are holding the hostages in Fangtasia's basement, I feel like we haven't been there in awhile!

I really loved the ending because it was just a brief glimpse and then the episode ended!

I enjoy how they have focused on Lettie Mae and her loss in this episode and how she starts to slip back in old habits.

Episode Three -

Episode 3 is my favourite episode so far! There are scenes between Sookie and Bill (YAY) and everything really starts to heat up! Old characters are back and we find out things we never new about some people. There are two deaths in this episode, and the second will make you shed a tear if you are a fan of the show.

Can't wait until next weeks episode !

Return to “TV and Soaps”