Game of Thrones

Whats happening on your favourite soap? Discuss it here
Breaking Bad
Wet behind the ears

Game of Thrones

Postby Breaking Bad » Wed May 21, 2014 4:05 pm

I don't know how I'm going to be able to cope with this week's break that the Americans have decided Game of Thrones needs! Is everyone up to date?

Team Angelina
Beginner! Talk to me!

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Team Angelina » Thu May 22, 2014 9:41 am

Lena Headey is brilliant. Love Cersei who's constantly on the vino!

Breaking Bad
Wet behind the ears

Postby Breaking Bad » Thu May 22, 2014 11:14 am

I have to agree, she makes it hard to love her at times but there's just something about her that oozes charisma!

Movie Fan
Wall Flower

Postby Movie Fan » Thu May 22, 2014 3:53 pm

I have been enjoying this series, but they have been dragging out the Tyrion story - just get to the dual already!!! Can't wait to see The Mountain take on The Viper. Glad to see we are final going to be getting some action from Castle Black - hope it plays out as well as it did in the book.

Mrs Johnny Depp
Guru

Postby Mrs Johnny Depp » Thu May 22, 2014 3:55 pm

Cersei is a terrific character and Lena Headey has really had some great moments throughout the series so far. It looks like she is only going to get meaner!!!

Breaking Bad
Wet behind the ears

Postby Breaking Bad » Tue May 27, 2014 3:49 pm

I must say this week break is really taking its toll on me! Cannot wait to see The Viper VS The Mountain!

Resident Of Asgard
Wall Flower

Postby Resident Of Asgard » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:25 pm

So looking forward to tonight's episode of Game of Thrones - I have read past this point in the book and it is one of the moments that I have been looking forward to the most. Fingers crossed it lives up to all of my rather lofty expectations!!!

Breaking Bad
Wet behind the ears

Postby Breaking Bad » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:37 am

I thought the scene was brilliant for the most part! So graphic!

Mrs Johnny Depp
Guru

Postby Mrs Johnny Depp » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:15 pm

I loved Monday's episode as well, have been looking forward to it the whole series. However, was a bit annoyed that we had to wait 45 minutes to see it. Love the character of Oberyn Martell, and we didn't get to see anywhere near enough of him!!!! :(

Breaking Bad
Wet behind the ears

Postby Breaking Bad » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Episode 9 tonight! Should prove for exhilarating viewing.

Mrs Johnny Depp
Guru

Postby Mrs Johnny Depp » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:21 pm

So what did everyone make of episode 9? I personally thought it was just terrific, and am glad that the whole episode focuses on the battle. To have moved back and forth between different stories would have just taken away the power and importance of this fight: you have to remember that nothing will ever be the same again south of the Wall if the Knights Watch cannot hold back Mance and his army.

It has been suggested that the conclusion of Jon and Ygritte's story was a little bit too Hollywood and not like the book, but I think that the book really did fail to bring their relationship full circle. I thought that this did draw a nice line under it - not to mention the irony of the young boy who fired the arrow. Ygritte's final word were from the book, so they did stay true to that.

Of course, the battle scene last more than one night in the book, will we get more battle scenes in the final episode? That really does remain to be seen. All in all I think that episode nine was a terrific episode and it really did live up to everything that I had hoped it would.

I am really looking forward to the final episode, and I am hoping to see the conclusion of the Tyrion story - it could be one of the biggest and most dramatic ending to a series ever: those who have read the book will know exactly what I am talking about!!!

Breaking Bad
Wet behind the ears

Postby Breaking Bad » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:47 pm

Mrs Johnny Depp wrote:So what did everyone make of episode 9? I personally thought it was just terrific, and am glad that the whole episode focuses on the battle. To have moved back and forth between different stories would have just taken away the power and importance of this fight: you have to remember that nothing will ever be the same again south of the Wall if the Knights Watch cannot hold back Mance and his army.

It has been suggested that the conclusion of Jon and Ygritte's story was a little bit too Hollywood and not like the book, but I think that the book really did fail to bring their relationship full circle. I thought that this did draw a nice line under it - not to mention the irony of the young boy who fired the arrow. Ygritte's final word were from the book, so they did stay true to that.

Of course, the battle scene last more than one night in the book, will we get more battle scenes in the final episode? That really does remain to be seen. All in all I think that episode nine was a terrific episode and it really did live up to everything that I had hoped it would.

I am really looking forward to the final episode, and I am hoping to see the conclusion of the Tyrion story - it could be one of the biggest and most dramatic ending to a series ever: those who have read the book will know exactly what I am talking about!!!

Very happy we got a whole episode for the battle but I'm with those who didn't love the Jon/Ygritte conclusion. It was all too coincidental for me to be fully invested in! That being said it wasn't the worst way it could have happened. They could have let her live!

Hated the Grenn and Pyp killings because they're nice characters and Jon's buddies going forward in the book, not sure why they had to die and it just felt like the writers wanted to throw another curve-ball in for those who have read the books. Felt a little unnecessary but Grenn's rallying of the warriors to stand their ground at the gate whilst being charged by a giant was an emotional one.

The Tyrion thing has to happen next week or I'll be so disappointed! Then there's that other big thing that Lena Headey has hinted at through her Instagram. Is it too late to bring Oberyn back from the dead? I'm still not over that despite this week's distraction.

scifichick1
Advocate

Postby scifichick1 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:12 pm

I've yet to watch Episode 9. It's on my list of things to watch but I already know what's going to happen so I didn't fancy watching it last night. I was told that Ygritte was going to die is Jon's arms which felt like a nice ending to their little love story. I don't think many people where invested in their relationship, but at the same time if you've watched the last three seasons of the show you know not to get invested in anything, romances or characters.

I am looking forward to the Tyrion story line, knowing what happens I'm very excited to see everything unfold and I hope the shows sticks to the book.

I really enjoyed The Mountain and The Viper the ending was sickening but it was a great. Tyrion's expression was one of complete devastation. Can't wait for next weeks episode :)
If I could, believe me I would!

Breaking Bad
Wet behind the ears

Postby Breaking Bad » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:10 pm

Really enjoyed the addition of Brienne fighting The Hound but wondered why she didn't prove to Arya who she was with the wolf bread Pod gave her!
May not have been an option after the horses and goods going missing whilst they slept, though.
Great finale though other than that. Ending seemed a bit rushed, could have done more with Tyrion's escape but on the whole I was impressed. Just disappointed a certain someone didn't make an appearance.

Jordan Hulme
Wet behind the ears

Postby Jordan Hulme » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:19 pm

you shouldnt be worrying about the weeks break from Game of Thrones you need to worry about the whole year inbetween the two series :( not to worry though there is always the books plus breaking bad.
why be boring? when you can be meee!!!!!!

Return to “TV and Soaps”