The Punisher

Whats happening on your favourite soap? Discuss it here
emilycurious
Master Wizard

The Punisher

Postby emilycurious » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:48 pm

So I'm currently addicted to The Punisher.
Look, I'm more flabbergasted than you.
The first epi was total crap, just derivative, cliched and predictable, I was about to give up when a friend told me he felt exactly the same way but that epi 2 is completely different, and another friend said there's a dynamic female lead, and sure enough Amber Rose Revah turns up in Epi 2. Wow.
I mean aside from the kick ass character, which of course is the most important thing (!), she is freaking gorgeous.
And then Deborah Ann Woll, the ONLY good reason to watch True Blood's last three seasons - equally sexy when she's crying or smiling.
And then Shohreh Aghdashloo's voice - like chocolate, dipped in hot milk chocolate with thick cream, sitting on a beach with a roaring, smoking fire.
And Ben Barnes - as they keep saying in the show - is very pretty.
Yes, the military experts can't shoot straight to save their lives (they die), and one guy will get knocked out by a single punch, whilst another smaller guy gets smashed in the head with a bottle, then his head banged off the floor and still beats a guy twice his size and experience.
But it's fun, exciting.
There's an obvious twist, I mean you know it's coming, but it had me gasping and cursing!
“Cut the ending. Revise the script. The man of her dreams is a girl.” ― Julie Anne Peters

emilycurious
Master Wizard

Re: The Punisher

Postby emilycurious » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:45 pm

Last episode is kinda crap.
Why do they always insist on some sort of classic western shootout, with automatic weapons?
“Cut the ending. Revise the script. The man of her dreams is a girl.” ― Julie Anne Peters

Mati
Wet behind the ears

Re: The Punisher

Postby Mati » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:39 pm

I've just watched the last episode and while it, and the series, had its ups and downs, it was pretty good.

The level of violence Netflix is able to include makes it unlikely a network would ever pick this up. Some of the characters are pretty one dimensional but I will be watching the second series when released.

Return to “TV and Soaps”