Postby C.G. » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:16 pm

Too many to list. I love travel.
There is no wealth but Life - J. Ruskin

Winston Smith
Goddess

Re: Travel

Postby Winston Smith » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:19 pm

Australia. Again.
Those who give up their freedoms for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.

diana_robertson
M'Lady

Postby diana_robertson » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:22 pm

I've been to Jamaica and I'd love to explore the Caribbean much more.

I've been to Texas but my lifelong dream is to got to New York buy a muscle car like a cobra and drive to LA stopping off at towns and cities along the way. Just waiting on that lottery win 8)

mostirreverent
Angel

Postby mostirreverent » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:41 am

Burton38 wrote:What travel destination would you like to visit or return to again?

St John or St Thomas. Melbourne too
"I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty vices."
Mark Twain

"A place for everything, and everything all about the place."
Mosti

Me in the Flesh Redux

elenaparis
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby elenaparis » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:37 am

Anybody wants to have a trip for gold hunting?

Mateo

Postby Mateo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:40 am

I have many places explored and this list is
Italy
Spin.
Cuba.
Jamaica.
New York.

Mati
Wet behind the ears

Postby Mati » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:50 pm

diana_robertson wrote:I've been to Jamaica and I'd love to explore the Caribbean much more.

I've been to Texas but my lifelong dream is to got to New York buy a muscle car like a cobra and drive to LA stopping off at towns and cities along the way. Just waiting on that lottery win 8)

I did a coast to coast trip when my US visa was close to expiry. I had a few bucks saved and a friend told me to fly to LA and come east. I actually bought a half decent car, a '72 Mustang in need of some TLC. By going from the west coast to the east, you can bring a California (Or Arizona, Nevada etc.) vehicle that hasn't been exposed to road salt, snow and other stuff that can cause rust and you can make some money.

My trip was in 2003 and I paid $5,500 for the car, spent $500 on new tires and a service and then drove for nearly 60 days. I sold the car in Maryland for $6,250 and it had nearly 11,000 additional miles on the clock!

diana_robertson
M'Lady

Postby diana_robertson » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:57 am

Mati wrote:
diana_robertson wrote:I've been to Jamaica and I'd love to explore the Caribbean much more.

I did a coast to coast trip when my US visa was close to expiry. I had a few bucks saved and a friend told me to fly to LA and come east. I actually bought a half decent car, a '72 Mustang in need of some TLC. By going from the west coast to the east, you can bring a California (Or Arizona, Nevada etc.) vehicle that hasn't been exposed to road salt, snow and other stuff that can cause rust and you can make some money.

My trip was in 2003 and I paid $5,500 for the car, spent $500 on new tires and a service and then drove for nearly 60 days. I sold the car in Maryland for $6,250 and it had nearly 11,000 additional miles on the clock!

I'm insanely jealous of you!

Mati
Wet behind the ears

Postby Mati » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:08 am

diana_robertson wrote:
Mati wrote:

I'm insanely jealous of you!

It was the trip of a lifetime and almost made up for the fact I was made redundant. I suppose if I hadn't lost the job, I wouldn't have had the time or the cash to do the trip.

Return to “Travel”