No second date?

Ask other members for advice
adelaa
Beginner! Talk to me!
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:25 pm

No second date?

Postby adelaa » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:22 pm

Something unbelievable happened to me 3 weeks ago... I used to have a huge crush on a boy in my school like 5 years ago but he didn’t know I existed. Then I changed school and forgot about him. But a month ago, I found him on Tinder! We got a match and he texted me. He didn’t realize that we had met before. I told him that we used to go to the same school and he said that this is fate (I thought the same thing). We went out on a date and we had lots of fun, even he said it during the date. He texted me afterwards and we were texting for another 5 days but it was very slow, he is rarely _. I got tired of it and directly asked him if he wants to go out again during holidays. He said he was busy but that we could figure out something later. I responded just with “hmhm”. It’s been 10 days now and he hadn’t texted me again. Do you know what might be wrong? Did he find someone else? Or it was a mistake to ask him out again? I just need some opinions, advice or some experiences with this kind of things. Should I do something about it? I really like him and I do want to see him again.
I’m not a native speaker, sorry about the mistakes.
Thanks for your help!

User avatar
Elysa
Master Wizard
Posts: 1672
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:26 am

Re: No second date?

Postby Elysa » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:24 pm

What was his reason for him being busy? Did he give you one?

When a guy really likes a girl, he'll move hell and high water to see her. Even if he's playing it cool, he would still contact you with a text or phone call. You shouldn't hold your breath. You have your own life to live. Don't waste it thinking you did something wrong or stressing about him. No matter how many different ways you try to analyze it, you can't make a guy a like you.

Go have fun on your holiday with your friends.

User avatar
Starshine
Regent Empress
Posts: 5262
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:40 pm
Location: UK

Re: No second date?

Postby Starshine » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:30 am

Sadly, I think you have to accept that “busy” means no.

If he is not worth it, it is better to find out now than invest time and emotions on him. It’s his loss not yours.

By the way, you say you are not a native speaker, I don’t know where you are from but your written English is very good.

User avatar
emilycurious
Master Wizard
Posts: 1803
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: No second date?

Postby emilycurious » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:30 pm

Adelaa, can we assume you are no longer a virgin?
(http://discussion.femalefirst.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=749449&p=7278745#p7278745)
Fire up Tinder.
“Men are afraid that women will laugh at them; women are afraid that men will kill them.” - Margaret Atwood

BeckyTheBest
Just warming up
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: No second date?

Postby BeckyTheBest » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:04 pm

Starshine wrote:By the way, you say you are not a native speaker, I don’t know where you are from but your written English is very good.


I agree.

If you had not said, I would never have known.

adelaa
Beginner! Talk to me!
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:25 pm

Re: No second date?

Postby adelaa » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:51 pm

Elysa wrote:What was his reason for him being busy? Did he give you one?

When a guy really likes a girl, he'll move hell and high water to see her. Even if he's playing it cool, he would still contact you with a text or phone call. You shouldn't hold your breath. You have your own life to live. Don't waste it thinking you did something wrong or stressing about him. No matter how many different ways you try to analyze it, you can't make a guy a like you.

Go have fun on your holiday with your friends.


He didn't give me any reason, he just said his schedule is full for the holidays.

I guess you are right... I'll just have to move on. Thank you for your help!

adelaa
Beginner! Talk to me!
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:25 pm

Re: No second date?

Postby adelaa » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:56 pm

BeckyTheBest wrote:
Starshine wrote:By the way, you say you are not a native speaker, I don’t know where you are from but your written English is very good.


I agree.

If you had not said, I would never have known.


Thank you! I'm trying my best :D

adelaa
Beginner! Talk to me!
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:25 pm

Re: No second date?

Postby adelaa » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:03 pm

emilycurious wrote:Adelaa, can we assume you are no longer a virgin?
(http://discussion.femalefirst.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=749449&p=7278745#p7278745)
Fire up Tinder.


I am still a virgin, didn't let that guy get that far.
I use Tinder mostly for fun, not to get laid. I'm waiting for the right person to come!

User avatar
Elysa
Master Wizard
Posts: 1672
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:26 am

Re: No second date?

Postby Elysa » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:48 pm

Starshine wrote:If he is not worth it, it is better to find out now than invest time and emotions on him. It’s his loss not yours.



^^^ Yes. This is excellent advice. (Starshine always has good advice)

It's better to find out sooner rather than later. At least he didn't waste your time, and you got to go out on a fun date with him. Consider the date you had with him special for you, but leave it at that. Give it a gold star in a diary entry but move on. Life is too short.

User avatar
emilycurious
Master Wizard
Posts: 1803
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: No second date?

Postby emilycurious » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:00 pm

adelaa wrote:I use Tinder mostly for fun, not to get laid. I'm waiting for the right person to come!

You realize most guys aren't using it for fun in the same sense right? They want, expect, sex. I think you're playing with a loaded gun.
And you're already scrapping the barrel. These guys can't be bothered to wine and dine you, they just want to fuçk.
Go to a club, pub, bar, anywhere with friends, and meet better men (or women) and get romanced.
“Men are afraid that women will laugh at them; women are afraid that men will kill them.” - Margaret Atwood

User avatar
Starshine
Regent Empress
Posts: 5262
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:40 pm
Location: UK

Re: No second date?

Postby Starshine » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:11 pm

Elysa wrote:
Starshine wrote:If he is not worth it, it is better to find out now than invest time and emotions on him. It’s his loss not yours.



^^^ Yes. This is excellent advice. (Starshine always has good advice)

.


I’m flattered.

User avatar
Elysa
Master Wizard
Posts: 1672
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:26 am

Re: No second date?

Postby Elysa » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:49 am

emilycurious wrote:
adelaa wrote:I use Tinder mostly for fun, not to get laid. I'm waiting for the right person to come!

You realize most guys aren't using it for fun in the same sense right? They want, expect, sex. I think you're playing with a loaded gun.
And you're already scrapping the barrel. These guys can't be bothered to wine and dine you, they just want to fuçk.
Go to a club, pub, bar, anywhere with friends, and meet better men (or women) and get romanced.



She could try ChristianMingle.com

I would love to talk about Jesus with a guy on a date. Then ask him, "Speaking of, would you like to nail me?"

User avatar
kinghelfer
Seraphim
Posts: 16436
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 4:30 pm
Location: Norfolk in Chance....

Re: No second date?

Postby kinghelfer » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:47 pm

Elysa wrote:
emilycurious wrote:
adelaa wrote:I use Tinder mostly for fun, not to get laid. I'm waiting for the right person to come!

You realize most guys aren't using it for fun in the same sense right? They want, expect, sex. I think you're playing with a loaded gun.
And you're already scrapping the barrel. These guys can't be bothered to wine and dine you, they just want to fuçk.
Go to a club, pub, bar, anywhere with friends, and meet better men (or women) and get romanced.



She could try ChristianMingle.com

I would love to talk about Jesus with a guy on a date. Then ask him, "Speaking of, would you like to nail me?"


Image
:eyebrows:
Image


The Quantum Clock. Tells The Time And Doesn't Tell The Time At The Same Time.
Sigma male

User avatar
Mr.Married
Getting in the Groove
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:30 pm
Location: good ole' red/white/blue

Re: No second date?

Postby Mr.Married » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:36 am

Elysa wrote:
emilycurious wrote:
adelaa wrote:I use Tinder mostly for fun, not to get laid. I'm waiting for the right person to come!

You realize most guys aren't using it for fun in the same sense right? They want, expect, sex. I think you're playing with a loaded gun.
And you're already scrapping the barrel. These guys can't be bothered to wine and dine you, they just want to fuçk.
Go to a club, pub, bar, anywhere with friends, and meet better men (or women) and get romanced.



She could try ChristianMingle.com

I would love to talk about Jesus with a guy on a date. Then ask him, "Speaking of, would you like to nail me?"


Or perhaps " Speaking of Jesus, Your gonna need three days to raise back from the dead after I'm done nailing you."


Return to “Members Advice”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests