What's you favorite dish to make?

Area just for our members
Lady J 624
FF Royalty

What's you favorite dish to make?

Postby Lady J 624 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:09 pm

Like Dominic Bretodeau I adore roasting a chicken. I think my favorite part is the carving as well. All those crispy, juicy bits just for me. I love how easy a roast chicken is to prepare. I love the sides that go with it, how it is a meal for every season. It may be smoked chicken in the summer but it still checks the same boxes.

I love that everyone in the family is totally happy eating it, and there are no complaints when there is roast chicken. It's magical.

I also love that I am great at roasting chickens. I have my technique down and it is satisfying to be able to produce delicious results every time. Not only is it my favorite dish, but it is my best.

So what's your favorite dish to make? What are you bringing to the potluck?
"I love it when a plan comes together."

Julie-Anne
Queen

Re: What's you favorite dish to make?

Postby Julie-Anne » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:11 pm

My stroganoff which l previously gave the recipe for.

C.G.
Goddess

Postby C.G. » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:10 pm

Julie-Anne wrote:My stroganoff which l previously gave the recipe for.

And I have made it a couple of times! Very tasty, thank you!
There is no wealth but Life - J. Ruskin

A guy named Charlie

Postby A guy named Charlie » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:51 am

I take my girl and spread her legs then dig in

C.G.
Goddess

Postby C.G. » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:18 am

A guy named Charlie wrote:I take my girl and spread her legs then dig in

This is a thread about actual recipes for meals. May I recommend that this kind of ''meal'' goes downstairs to the sex sections?

A guy named Charlie

Postby A guy named Charlie » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:40 am

C.G. wrote:
A guy named Charlie wrote:I take my girl and spread her legs then dig in

This is a thread about actual recipes for meals. May I recommend that this kind of ''meal'' goes downstairs to the sex sections?

what? no meatloaf or tube steak and white gravy? :tounge:

Sleepy93
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

Postby Sleepy93 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:08 am

Spaghetti Bolognese because I'm a student and its so versatile. I like going out into forested areas and collecting wild garlic or rhubarb and adding to it. Usually I buy and add chillis to it to make it more potent.

C.G.
Goddess

Postby C.G. » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:10 am

Sleepy93 wrote:Spaghetti Bolognese because I'm a student and its so versatile. I like going out into forested areas and collecting wild garlic or rhubarb and adding to it. Usually I buy and add chillis to it to make it more potent.

Yummy. I still like making spag bol too. I make a mean chilli as well.

Sleepy93

Postby Sleepy93 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:19 am

C.G. wrote:
Sleepy93 wrote:Spaghetti Bolognese because I'm a student and its so versatile. I like going out into forested areas and collecting wild garlic or rhubarb and adding to it. Usually I buy and add chillis to it to make it more potent.

I've been meaning to make chilli. That's next on my list, I've been waiting for spring so I can see what it tastes like with wild garlic. But I don't think it work as well as with spag bol. Oh well you can only find out one way!
Last edited by Sleepy93 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

C.G.
Goddess

Postby C.G. » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:24 am

Sleepy93 wrote:
C.G. wrote:

I've been meaning to make chilli. That's next on my list, I've been waiting for spring so I can see what it tastes like with wild garlic.

You are from Wales. You're all weird. We have another of your ilk from there here. Do you know chudleigh?!

Lady J 624
FF Royalty

Postby Lady J 624 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:28 am

C.G. wrote:
Sleepy93 wrote:
C.G. wrote:

I've been meaning to make chilli. That's next on my list, I've been waiting for spring so I can see what it tastes like with wild garlic.

You are from Wales. You're all weird. We have another of your ilk from there here. Do you know chudleigh?!

So that's why they're planning to put rhubarb into their spaghetti bolognese!
"I love it when a plan comes together."

A guy named Charlie

Postby A guy named Charlie » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:42 am

C.G. I'm just teasing a bit with you from before.

My favorite dish would be my Italian meatballs with spaghetti and garlic bread. It's an all day event

1 pd of lean ground beef
1 pd of pork or turkey meat (it's good either way)

mush it together until well blended, I use my clean hands for really mixing it up for a good 3 - 5 minutes

1 medium onion chopped, use what you like either purple, white or yellow
my secret is the white part of a leak chopped in there too
3 garlic corm
1 yellow bell pepper finely chopped

Lets talk garlic, garlic is what makes the world go around for realz, but it's a best kept secret roasted. ummm
Everything taste so much better roasted over an open fire, but if you don't have it an oven works wonders. but the garlic in half, drizzle olive oil on it, fresh cracked black better and a few twist for fresh sea salt over it, I use a little fresh rosemary over the top and wrap my foil bowl together and bake it for 20-30 minutes on 350 degrees.
While that's baking, when I have about 10 minutes left I have my onions and pepper sauteing in a pan with a few teaspoons of olive oil. When the timer goes off and I have a golden brown garlic, I add some to the pan.
The rest gets squeezed in a bowl for the garlic bread for later on.

add freshly ground thyme, oregano and basil in the mix. Yes, you can throw the leaves but grounding them up guarantees an even mixture for flavor all around.

Let it all cool before adding to the meat mixture

add two eggs and about a cup of bread crumbs and form the balls, whatever size

add some more olive oil to the pan and get it hot, add your meat balls and turn while covering the meat as it cooks to a browning color. Remove the meat once every one of them is brown on all sides, the oil should be little, use the rue with the tomato sauce, gently stirring in. Umm its good.

by now of course I've cooked down 12-15 medium sized plump tomatoes, all day long slowly. I like mine both chunky and smooth so I chop it up with a potato masher until I complain to myself about the arm pain. and have added the 1/2 onion finely chopped, 4 cloves of garlic (same way as before), a bunch of dried basil 3-5 tbsp, black pepper 1-3 tsps, 1 tbsp of sugar, 2 tbsp of olive oil, and 1/3 cup of freshly graded parmesan or romano cheese. add the rue from before. if you do it right, you'll make a mess and it'll be tasty.

go for the oven and get the garlic bread out. I'm tired now and can't type how to do the bread but it's damn good.

Enjoy

i forgot, you wanna cook that rue down in some red wine then add to the sauce

Sleepy93

Postby Sleepy93 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:06 am

C.G. wrote:
Sleepy93 wrote:
C.G. wrote:

I'm not actually from Wales, this is just where I am for uni, originally I'm from Manchester. But nah I don't know Chudleigh? Tell me about it!

Gobnait
Supernatural Poster

Postby Gobnait » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:18 am

A guy named Charlie wrote:C.G. I'm just teasing a bit with you from before.

What a smashing little bond you've created in just a few posts.
"you are a troll, only with a somewhat better vocabulary. "

All men are bastards.

A weasel vessel/vassal!

Winston Smith
Goddess

Postby Winston Smith » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:23 am

Any one pot meal. Because you can get it all prepared and cooking slowly and then get all the washing up done so when you sit down to eat there is minimal clearing up when you have finished. I gauge a meal on how much washing up you are left with. More cooking books should reflect that. It’s all very well Jamie Oliver giving you a recipe that can be cooked in 15 minutes but then uses every pot and pan in your kitchen and you spend over an hour clearing up.
Those who give up their freedoms for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.

Return to “Members Chit-Chat”