Street harrassment and risk for women

Area just for our members
Lucylastic
Goddess

Re: Street harrassment and risk for women

Postby Lucylastic » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:58 am

In London you are never alone. There are always people around.
Though she be but little she is fierce

Winston Smith
Goddess

Postby Winston Smith » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:13 am

Lucylastic wrote:In London you are never alone. There are always people around.

Hardly anybody in parts of The City at weekends.
Those who give up their freedoms for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:17 am

Winston Smith wrote:Hardly anybody in parts of The City at weekends.

Not really a dangerous place though.
Though she be but little she is fierce

C.G.
Goddess

Postby C.G. » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:21 am

I don't think I've walked anywhere alone at night very much at all. A couple of times as a student.
There is no wealth but Life - J. Ruskin

LaBella
Just warming up

Postby LaBella » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:25 am

Where I live (in Sweden), it's not so bad but of course I would be wary if I walked in the city during nighttime... As long as there's people around I don't feel like it's a big problem for me.

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:28 am

LaBella wrote:Where I live (in Sweden), it's not so bad but of course I would be wary if I walked in the city during nighttime... As long as there's people around I don't feel like it's a big problem for me.

Agreed, I think its the need to be wary that the article and comments were highlighting, there are some scary experiences people have posted about!
x

Chudleigh
Transcendent Poster

Postby Chudleigh » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:30 am

emilycurious wrote:
Chudleigh wrote:Your article is about internet offences rather than Street harrassement and risk.

So you see no correlation between men sitting at home behind their computers watching the degradation of women and those doing it on the street?
Thats like pointing out the differences between apples and oranges when we are talking about ALL fruit.
Willfully endemic and convenient myopia.
Men need to recognise there is a problem and they are both the cause and the solution.

You are probably extremely well informed about such things.... Reg.

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:37 am

Also, could someone explain how this thread ended up in members chat please? I'm pretty certain I started it in general chat, hoping to get input not just from FF members but all-comers. Looks like it's been moved
thanks
Lx

kinghelfer
Seraphim

Postby kinghelfer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:17 pm

louise_heels wrote:Also, could someone explain how this thread ended up in members chat please? I'm pretty certain I started it in general chat, hoping to get input not just from FF members but all-comers. Looks like it's been moved
thanks
Lx

Another one of the mysteries of FF......I hate it when my threads get hijacked by reasoned debate and actual opinions when all I wanted was fantasy fodder too....perhaps you should repost it in motoring where the scenario could include repeatedly trying to start a car in your heels (what else!) and being harassed by a miniature man who you could crush under your spike heels that you wear to leave marks on wooden floors before getting the AA out to actually start the car (Too much choke luv) so you can run over some small animal. Hope this helps :wink:

The Quantum Clock. Tells The Time And Doesn't Tell The Time At The Same Time.
Sigma male

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:19 pm

kinghelfer wrote:Another one of the mysteries of FF......I hate it when my threads get hijacked by reasoned debate and actual opinions when all I wanted was fantasy fodder too....perhaps you should repost it in motoring where the scenario could include repeatedly trying to start a car in your heels (what else!) and being harassed by a miniature man who you could crush under your spike heels that you wear to leave marks on wooden floors before getting the AA out to actually start the car (Too much choke luv) so you can run over some small animal. Hope this helps :wink:

Fair play mate, that contribution is pretty funny! :lol:
meanwhile...back on topic...

Julie-Anne
Queen

Postby Julie-Anne » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:20 pm

louise_heels wrote:Also, could someone explain how this thread ended up in members chat please? I'm pretty certain I started it in general chat, hoping to get input not just from FF members but all-comers. Looks like it's been moved
thanks
Lx

The General Section is a bit of a wasteland at the moment, so a mod probably moved it here because it's an important topic and there is more chance of a discussion here.

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:21 pm

Julie-Anne wrote:
thanks
Lx

The General Section is a bit of a wasteland at the moment, so a mod probably moved it here because it's an important topic and there is more chance of a discussion here.

thank you, that's helpful
x

Julie-Anne
Queen

Postby Julie-Anne » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:35 pm

louise_heels wrote:
Julie-Anne wrote:
thanks
Lx

thank you, that's helpful
x

No probs and welcome to the Members Chit Chat area. :D

Chudleigh
Transcendent Poster

Postby Chudleigh » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:34 pm

kinghelfer wrote:
thanks
Lx

Another one of the mysteries of FF......I hate it when my threads get hijacked by reasoned debate and actual opinions when all I wanted was fantasy fodder too....perhaps you should repost it in motoring where the scenario could include repeatedly trying to start a car in your heels (what else!) and being harassed by a miniature man who you could crush under your spike heels that you wear to leave marks on wooden floors before getting the AA out to actually start the car (Too much choke luv) so you can run over some small animal. Hope this helps :wink:

Reg seems to have a”mate”.

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:12 am

Lucylastic wrote:
Winston Smith wrote:Hardly anybody in parts of The City at weekends.

Not really a dangerous place though.

I take your point about The City, by which I guess you mean the square mile, but after dark I do think "cites" more generally can be dangerous. City centres seem to be well populated and there's "safety in numbers" as the article comments make clear, Certainly, though if walking through parks or some less desirable areas it starts to feel a whole lot less safe very quickly IMO
Lx

Return to “Members Chit-Chat”