The Windrush “round up”.

Area just for our members
Chudleigh
Transcendent Poster

The Windrush “round up”.

Postby Chudleigh » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:33 am

You could not in a thousand years make this up. What a spectacular, class A , weapons grade bollock to drop. Personally , I believe that this a job loser if ever I saw one. What do we think has happened for this stupidity to be sprung on these people in this way... and what should happen next? I think we should see some heads on poles although I doubt it will happen.

franfran
Angel

Re: The Windrush “round up”.

Postby franfran » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:25 am

:?:
Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

Chudleigh
Transcendent Poster

Postby Chudleigh » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:30 am

franfran wrote::?:

Sorry Fran, there is no one article to capture this rather sad and deeply alarming story. Google windrush scandal.... see what comes up...it is very current up here.

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:40 am

franfran wrote::?:

People who came to Britain from the Caribbean as babes-in-arms or young children are being told they face deportation because we failed to record them properly from the late 40s to the 70s. It is a national disgrace.
Though she be but little she is fierce

Winston Smith
Goddess

Postby Winston Smith » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:42 am

Surely it is an administrative error that can be easily remedied? I can't imagine for one minute that any of these people will actually be deported.
Those who give up their freedoms for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:43 am

Some of them have lost jobs. The damage is already done.
Though she be but little she is fierce

Chudleigh
Transcendent Poster

Postby Chudleigh » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:08 am

Winston Smith wrote:Surely it is an administrative error that can be easily remedied? I can't imagine for one minute that any of these people will actually be deported.

I share this view on one level. But..... no one is able to say as yet that deportations of this cohort haven’t taken place. That is a bit of a worry. There is something else that is harder for me to express..... whilst freely acknowledging that successive governments abdicated their responsibility for immigration control to Europe and then washed their hands of any work to develop our own sovereign strategies. The moronic and knee jerk Tory right that have been left in charge of us after Dave ran off into the night, have an habituated stance towards those who are “not like us” and “not from ‘round ‘ere” . The cosying up to UKIP that ended up with Brexit and the “go home buses” masterminded by Mrs May tell us that there is an institutionally xenophobic agenda right at the heart of the Tory/UKIP/Monday Club mob that have had government dumped into their lap.

Who?
Seraphim

Postby Who? » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:36 pm

I couldn't put it better than Chudleigh. A disgrace and a cock-up of Titanic proportions. I see Mrs May has apologised at a meeting with Caribbean leaders. They're calling for compensation, and I feel this is one incident where compensation IS definitely due. Absolutely unbelievable situation.

Lady J 624
FF Royalty

Postby Lady J 624 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:33 pm

Sounds somewhat like the dreamers over here. People that came here and have never known another country and they're being deported. Some can't speak the language of the country where they are being deported. It's wrong either way.
"I love it when a plan comes together."

Who?
Seraphim

Postby Who? » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:32 pm

Lady J 624 wrote:Sounds somewhat like the dreamers over here. People that came here and have never known another country and they're being deported. Some can't speak the language of the country where they are being deported. It's wrong either way.

I could be wrong about this, but aren't 'the dreamers' in America illegally? The Windrush people were here in good faith and certainly believed they were here legally (it's probable that most, if not all are here legally but the government didn't register paperwork).

Lady J 624
FF Royalty

Postby Lady J 624 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:20 pm

Who? wrote:
Lady J 624 wrote:Sounds somewhat like the dreamers over here. People that came here and have never known another country and they're being deported. Some can't speak the language of the country where they are being deported. It's wrong either way.

I could be wrong about this, but aren't 'the dreamers' in America illegally? The Windrush people were here in good faith and certainly believed they were here legally (it's probable that most, if not all are here legally but the government didn't register paperwork).

Yes they were brought in illegally. But they were minors and it was from a specific period of time. Your situation is far worse.
"I love it when a plan comes together."

S.Lana577777
Getting in the Groove

Postby S.Lana577777 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:56 pm

The result of Theresa May bonking her troll drum.

Return to “Members Chit-Chat”