Most boring sports to watch

Area just for our members
Winston Smith
Goddess

Re: Most boring sports to watch

Postby Winston Smith » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:26 pm

Lady J 624 wrote:Golf
Bowling
Baseball used to be worse but they've tightened it up. It's still far more boring than basketball though.

I forgot basketball. That really is dull. In my opinion it is far too easy to score, especially as most players are all 7ft tall these days. They should make it more difficult.
Those who give up their freedoms for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.

Chudleigh
Transcendent Poster

Postby Chudleigh » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:00 pm

Julie-Anne wrote:
Chudleigh wrote:Eric Cantona. Being abused by an oaf in the crowd.. drop kicks him in the chest. A golden moment.

Violence is never the answer. And by acting like that he gave the provoker just what he(and all bullies) want.....A reaction. Possibly a big compensation case too(I don't know if he got that and I'm too lazy to google it, but with right lawyer, it could have happened)

If Cantona felt he was the subject of abuse, he could have reported it quietly and the offending supporter banned and fined, all the while giving the impression it didn't get to him.

Yes that’s right but then .... such is life.

Who?
Seraphim

Postby Who? » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:11 pm

Winston Smith wrote:With regard to Ben Stokes that Kingy alluded to, whilst I don't condone what he did (and he shouldn't have been anywhere near a nightclub at that time of night whilst on duty with England), he was defending two gay men who were being verbally abused and threatened and Stokes (rightly or wrongly) stepped in and gave the guys in question a good hiding. I have stood next to Ben Stokes in a bar at Durham cricket ground and you really wouldn't want to mess with him.

I had no idea about this! I thought it was just a yobbish incident but this puts a different spin on the event. Stokes shouldn't have been there, and he probably shouldn't have beaten anybody up, but, well... a couple of abusive homophobes getting a bit of a kicking doesn't sound too bad to me...

C.G.
Goddess

Postby C.G. » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:20 am

Trying to watch curling again. Yawn.
There is no wealth but Life - J. Ruskin

Mati
Wet behind the ears

Postby Mati » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:00 am

I'm watching Skeleton and wondering; how does one work out they are good at Skeleton? It looks great on the TV but there isn't enough money on the planet to get me on one of those sleds.

Mr.Married
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

Postby Mr.Married » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:42 am

Golf......sucks......period

Joyofsox
Cherubim

Postby Joyofsox » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:55 am

Crown green bowling.
A bit of an animal.

C.G.
Goddess

Postby C.G. » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:33 am

Joyofsox wrote:Crown green bowling.

Yes. Dull as ditch water.

I'm really trying with the winter olympics. I feel like it SHOULD be interesting. But there are only so many ways you can slide on ice. I lose interest very quickly.
There is no wealth but Life - J. Ruskin

Winston Smith
Goddess

Postby Winston Smith » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:29 am

C.G. wrote:

I'm really trying with the winter olympics. I feel like it SHOULD be interesting. But there are only so many ways you can slide on ice. I lose interest very quickly.

Wooh! GB won a bronze! The way the news reported it yesterday was if we had surpassed our medal total for the summer Games in Rio. I find the reporting quite condescending actually. The BBC said that Parsons was an "Olympic champion". Well no, he isn't. He came third (and fortunately at that). Let's not get carried away.
Those who give up their freedoms for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.

Chudleigh
Transcendent Poster

Postby Chudleigh » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:16 am

Winston Smith wrote:
C.G. wrote:

Wooh! GB won a bronze! The way the news reported it yesterday was if we had surpassed our medal total for the summer Games in Rio. I find the reporting quite condescending actually. The BBC said that Parsons was an "Olympic champion". Well no, he isn't. He came third (and fortunately at that). Let's not get carried away.

Hurtling down that ice track though..... head first.... yeeeehaaaah!.... I note we now have 2 bronze medals. Good for those who have won them... it must be a special moment indeed. I wonder what it has cost ...over all .... to get those medals?
Last edited by Chudleigh on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chudleigh
Transcendent Poster

Postby Chudleigh » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:18 am

Mr.Married wrote:Golf......sucks......period

Agree, I would have shot myself half way around. I used to play a bit as a much younger man but failed completely to master the short iron game.

himerus
Saintly

Postby himerus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:46 am

I haven't got excited about sport since I watched Maidstone United play Tunbridge Wells in a cup game in 1959.

Chudleigh
Transcendent Poster

Postby Chudleigh » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:57 am

himerus wrote:I haven't got excited about sport since I watched Maidstone United play Tunbridge Wells in a cup game in 1959.

Ah, the year I was born... over on the Colchester road...

Return to “Members Chit-Chat”