Motorcars

Area just for our members
himerus
Saintly

Motorcars

Postby himerus » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:31 am

Do you define people by the car that they drive?

Polgara69
Heroine

Re: Motorcars

Postby Polgara69 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:20 am

Yes. All Nissan micra drivers are assholes.
Ian Somerhalder is married. I am desolate.

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:14 am

I drove a Micra for a few weeks once and it was a lovely car on London's roads. It could turn on a sixpence. The problem was other drivers had no respect for it. You could be on a main road and as you neared a side road a waiting car would just lunge out in front of you. It happened time and time again. I felt like a big dog trapped in a small dog's body.

The most aggressive, arrogant and inconsiderate drivers choose Audi followed by BMW, or more likely are issued with them. My theory is in order to be in that position or to be able to gather the wealth to afford one you are likely to be a 'me first' personality type.

Driving a classic sports car is a lovely experience though. People admire rather than resent your car, are careful around you and will often give way to you.
Though she be but little she is fierce

Polgara69
Heroine

Postby Polgara69 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:24 am

Lucylastic wrote:I drove a Micra for a few weeks once and it was a lovely car on London's roads. It could turn on a sixpence. The problem was other drivers had no respect for it. You could be on a main road and as you neared a side road a waiting car would just lunge out in front of you. It happened time and time again. I felt like a big dog trapped in a small dog's body.

That’s cos everyone is warned about Nissan micras :lol:
Seriously tho, start taking notice. I drive all day and I can honestly say that I very rarely see a micra being driven sensibly. And 9/10 have a dent on it somewhere.
Ian Somerhalder is married. I am desolate.

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:51 am

Old ladies tend to favour the smaller marques and have lots of dents.

KBEES
Swami

Postby KBEES » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:37 pm

I do not define someone, by the way the car they drive. Could be a little tricky for those with two cars to be pigeon holed.
I have met someone I cannot live without rather than someone that I can live with.

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:49 pm

So, an Audi driver then?

KBEES
Swami

Postby KBEES » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:53 pm

I cannot think of one person I know who drives an Audi. Beamers are popular amongst our friends as are SUV's. Not sure how a car can be classed as a Sports Utility Vehicle, its a car not a game.
I have met someone I cannot live without rather than someone that I can live with.

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:01 pm

Why would you say BMWs are popular in your circle of friends?

DDtop
Just warming up

Postby DDtop » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:18 am

Toyota Priuses have replaced the Arsehole drivers Metro which used to always driven by some Bell end now it's a Prius being a tosser on the road mostly with a yellow TFL taxi badge in window!
A guy that has "Grown" 42G/44F+.

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:46 am

Those are the Uber drivers.

Morris Minor
Half blood

Postby Morris Minor » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:30 am

I'm not sure if you can categorise certain makes of cars to particular groups of people or types of drivers any more, it's more a case of most of the bad drivers driving 4WDs (or I suppose I should say SUVs, as a lot of them are two wheel drive only and never go off road) of just about any make.

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:37 am

I have observed many really wealthy people drive quite old second hand cars. They don't drive huge distances, often live in the country and don't care what other people think. One of my friends always has bits of straw in her car despite not coming into direct contact with animals. I think she puts them in there.

KBEES
Swami

Postby KBEES » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:19 pm

Lucylastic wrote:Why would you say BMWs are popular in your circle of friends?

Probably over the years, the 3 series has been recognised as pound for pound an exceptional motor, as has the Golf. They are reliable motors and a nice drive. That is also the case of most German cars.
10 years and more ago, the entry point family BM's and Merc's were also a cut above the family Fords, Vauxhauls and French cars. They also came with a higher price tag. These days manufacturers have been pressured to produce a better build car because of the competition and as such even a Skoda Octavia VRS will compete with a BMW 320SE.

Also, I think there is brand image. Take a watch for instance a Rolex will tell the time as will a Citizen. Though vast difference in image and price.

Joyofsox
Cherubim

Postby Joyofsox » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:08 pm

I drive a golf bluemotion TDI.
Apparently that stands for tedious driver inside.
A bit of an animal.

Return to “Members Chit-Chat”