Unromantic Weddings

Swap advice, compare notes and make your special day extra special.

Moderator: Silent One

jey_mate
Beginner! Talk to me!

Unromantic Weddings

Postby jey_mate » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:51 pm

I have recently been to the most boring and unromantic wedding. It took 15 minutes at the city hall.
From what I understood the bride wanted it that way. The only thing is that I know the groom and I know what a romantic person he is.
I feel bad for him.
Have you ever been to such a wedding?

suzzie76
High Priestess

Re: Unromantic Weddings

Postby suzzie76 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:17 am

Similar yes.

Gather at Marriage register then dinner afterwards, lucky to be smart casual, but I wore 5" heels and a knee length dress anyway much to the disgust of some of the other women there. :D

Maxwell3
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Maxwell3 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:25 pm

yes, I have the same experience about bad weddings. Then I back from the party. Because I didn't like that at all.

light1313
Chat Master

Postby light1313 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:10 am

I hate weddings, all the ceremony and stuff. I had a very simple wedding. I wore a white knee high dress with a bit of lace on the arms. We had the regestry at my sister in-laws house because she had a nice living room with a veranda. There were 13 of us in total including us and my sister in laws 11 year old daughter. Then my father in law took us all out to a nice restaurant then when our guests started leaving my sister in law took a couple of our friends to a nearby bar and then home and my husband and I left to go to our hotel room for the night which was also my father in law's treat but we chose the hotel. It was so simple and warm I cant dream of anything better.

garrys
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby garrys » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:21 pm

Thank God! :o Still I'm not facing boring type of marriage or anniversary :D

emilycurious
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

Postby emilycurious » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:09 pm

jey_mate wrote:It took 15 minutes at the city hall.

See, that sounds perfect to me.
I can't believe the ridiculous amounts of money that are spent on weddings, and the amount they expect their friends and relatives to fork out, for something which is 50% guaranteed to fail.
I know one woman who had been married four times in less than fifteen years, I told her I wasn't attending the fourth, and I wasn't buying a present. Six months later it was over.
“No woman gets an orgasm from shining the kitchen floor.” ― Betty Friedan

Return to “Weddings”