Residential wedding location - ordinance doesn't allow DJ or loud music

Swap advice, compare notes and make your special day extra special.

Moderator: Silent One

talhayousuf
Beginner! Talk to me!

Residential wedding location - ordinance doesn't allow DJ or loud music

Postby talhayousuf » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:52 pm

My boyfriend and I are getting married in October and we're having a small casual wedding at my father's house. It's not huge, but there's a decent amount of property and it's the perfect size for us. The wedding is by no means going to be traditional. It's going to be a bit more casual (food theme is comfort food by a very good caterer, dress/suits not necessary, fire pit with marshmallow roasting at night, video game set-ups inside with party games to get everyone mingled), and although I'd love to have a small dance floor outside with a DJ, their neighborhood doesn't allow loud music to be played. So, we can't have a DJ or dance floor, which I'm perfectly fine with.
Coworkers and others have noted that it's a bit strange we're not having that, and they're making it seem like everyone will be standing around awkwardly not sure what to do... I'm extremely nervous because I really don't want this to go over badly and for people to be bored. Has anyone done something similar to this, and did it go well?

Return to “Weddings”